Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

FreightDogs 04-03-2018 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by acam (Post 2563570)
Is Phoenix right out of trainng an option too?

Yes!
There aren't any AZ positions open right at this moment, but we suspect there will be soon as folks transition up.

captfred 04-04-2018 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2563906)
Yes!
There aren't any AZ positions open right at this moment, but we suspect there will be soon as folks transition up.

Hi FreightDogs I sent you a PM last weekend.

FreightDogs 04-04-2018 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by captfred (Post 2564906)
Hi FreightDogs I sent you a PM last weekend.

Just hit ya back, Fred.

DrMantisTobogan 04-06-2018 01:17 PM

Are the pilots still responsible for loading/unloading the plane at the outstation?

FreightDogs 04-06-2018 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by DrMantisTobogan (Post 2566412)
Are the pilots still responsible for loading/unloading the plane at the outstation?

As of November 1st, 2017, our pilots no longer load or unload our aircraft. This is true for most of our routes and definitely for all of our UPS, FedEx, and DHL routes.

There are a small few of our routes from other vendors where loading/unloading might come up.

29singlespeed 04-10-2018 06:53 AM

A lot of great information in this thread. It looks like there are currently only Captain listings open, guessing AMF has had a lot of low time - FO applications. I have a PT135 seasonal job this summer that ends in Sept. I will be around the 800hr mark come sept. What is the best route for applying for a possible fall start? I also see conflicting information on commuting -- I am western colorado based and don't have the ability to relocate -- is that even an option? Long term will be working on being PHX based. Thanks!

FreightDogs 04-10-2018 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by 29singlespeed (Post 2568976)
A lot of great information in this thread. It looks like there are currently only Captain listings open, guessing AMF has had a lot of low time - FO applications. I have a PT135 seasonal job this summer that ends in Sept. I will be around the 800hr mark come sept. What is the best route for applying for a possible fall start? I also see conflicting information on commuting -- I am western colorado based and don't have the ability to relocate -- is that even an option? Long term will be working on being PHX based. Thanks!

Hi, there!

Hoping to clear this up for you!
If you live over an hour from an AMF base, having a base would not be an option.
We do however have a Home-Based option where we would fly you to your assignment anywhere in our system and cover the travel, lodging, and per diem. The schedule is a little different than our based pilots and obviously you wouldn't be home every night, but it works for lots of folks out there. Being in Colorado, this would be a good option for you. When you are ready to move to PHX, you would just transfer over to our PHX base and pick up that kind of schedule (specific route and being home every night).

Hope that helps!

29singlespeed 04-10-2018 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2568984)
Hi, there!

Hoping to clear this up for you!
If you live over an hour from an AMF base, having a base would not be an option.
We do however have a Home-Based option where we would fly you to your assignment anywhere in our system and cover the travel, lodging, and per diem. The schedule is a little different than our based pilots and obviously you wouldn't be home every night, but it works for lots of folks out there. Being in Colorado, this would be a good option for you. When you are ready to move to PHX, you would just transfer over to our PHX base and pick up that kind of schedule (specific route and being home every night).

Hope that helps!

Thank you! Is home base an option for FO / Accelerated captain program? Should I just keep an eye open for Req's listed for the FO / Accelerated captain program through the summer and apply if I see any open .

FreightDogs 04-10-2018 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by 29singlespeed (Post 2568990)
Thank you! Is home base an option for FO / Accelerated captain program? Should I just keep an eye open for Req's listed for the FO / Accelerated captain program through the summer and apply if I see any open .

It is not an option for the regular FO position at 500TT.
It is the only option for the Accelerated Captain Program FO positions at 800TT. So the ACP FO spots are what you're aiming for!
At the moment, we don't have openings for either, but we expect to open some in the coming months as folks upgrade - currently 3 ACP upgrades in training. :)

29singlespeed 04-10-2018 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2568995)
It is not an option for the regular FO position at 500TT.
It is the only option for the Accelerated Captain Program FO positions at 800TT. So the ACP FO spots are what you're aiming for!
At the moment, we don't have openings for either, but we expect to open some in the coming months as folks upgrade - currently 3 ACP upgrades in training. :)

Excellent! Thank you for the reply. Does AMF accept applications before the 800TT noting anticipating timing for the 800hr TT? I will be actively flying PT135 VFR pic in cessna 207's May-Sept with hopefully being over 800hr come end of aug / early sept.