Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

FreightDogs 04-10-2018 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by 29singlespeed (Post 2568998)
Excellent! Thank you for the reply. Does AMF accept applications before the 800TT noting anticipating timing for the 800hr TT? I will be actively flying PT135 VFR pic in cessna 207's May-Sept with hopefully being over 800hr come end of aug / early sept.

Yes, we do!
You'll likely get a "not qualified" email, but applying will at least get you in our system and get the conversation started.
From there, you can update as often as you'd like!

dera 04-10-2018 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by 29singlespeed (Post 2568998)
Excellent! Thank you for the reply. Does AMF accept applications before the 800TT noting anticipating timing for the 800hr TT? I will be actively flying PT135 VFR pic in cessna 207's May-Sept with hopefully being over 800hr come end of aug / early sept.

Alaska? Arizona?

29singlespeed 04-10-2018 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by dera (Post 2569008)
Alaska? Arizona?

Utah - Redtail Airtours - will be a lot of good flying especially since I love backcountry type flying.

A150K 04-10-2018 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2566416)
As of November 1st, 2017, our pilots no longer load or unload our aircraft. This is true for most of our routes and definitely for all of our UPS, FedEx, and DHL routes.

There are a small few of our routes from other vendors where loading/unloading might come up.

How has the ABQ operation adjusted to that? I'm a former amf pilot who was based there and the loading (i.e 100% on the pilots) of the Chieftains specifically was a common source of...umm..tension between pilots (mostly tdy's) and the UPS "loaders".

FreightDogs 04-10-2018 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by A150K (Post 2569189)
How has the ABQ operation adjusted to that? I'm a former amf pilot who was based there and the loading (i.e 100% on the pilots) of the Chieftains specifically was a common source of...umm..tension between pilots (mostly tdy's) and the UPS "loaders".

We worked with UPS and they now have two people coming out - a driver and a helper typically. It came down to communicating that we wanted our pilots to be pilots and not have to handle cargo. UPS has made a commitment to making that happen and the transition has been pretty smooth so far with us being able to communicate any issues effectively.

Jetlife 04-10-2018 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2569203)
We worked with UPS and they now have two people coming out - a driver and a helper typically. It came down to communicating that we wanted our pilots to be pilots and not have to handle cargo. UPS has made a commitment to making that happen and the transition has been pretty smooth so far with us being able to communicate any issues effectively.

What chain of custody is in place if the loaded load incorrectly? Is UPS training these drivers and helpers to properly load a given aircraft? I would imagine the pilot would still be canned if the plane was loaded incorrectly because they have the ultimate responsibility. Seems like a dangerous liability.

frmrbuffdrvr 04-10-2018 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2569233)
What chain of custody is in place if the loaded load incorrectly? Is UPS training these drivers and helpers to properly load a given aircraft? I would imagine the pilot would still be canned if the plane was loaded incorrectly because they have the ultimate responsibility. Seems like a dangerous liability.

Always have to try to go negative, eh Jetlife?

The pilot is still responsible for how it is loaded. As in how much freight goes in each bay. UPS is responsible for the manual labor portion. If you just say "Load 'er up!" then you are a fool.

Jetlife 04-10-2018 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2569264)
Always have to try to go negative, eh Jetlife?

The pilot is still responsible for how it is loaded. As in how much freight goes in each bay. UPS is responsible for the manual labor portion. If you just say "Load 'er up!" then you are a fool.

Its not about being negative, it is about the way responsibility is placed. No training, no oversight. UPS lies and puts 500 extra pounds of cargo in a bay and drops the tail. Who gets in trouble?

It is an honest question, but given your response, I can see the old guard alive and well.

FreightDogs 04-11-2018 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jetlife (Post 2569233)

The pilot supervises the loading for weight and balance reasons.
If we take a delay or cancellation because the pilot believes the job to have been done incorrectly, we do not blame the pilot and instead will likely put him in our safety spotlight.

Selfmade92 04-11-2018 08:34 AM

What's the pay for the captain accelerated program on the BE99? Same as the Captain or same as E120 F/O?