Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

FuturePilot79 07-22-2018 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2638138)
Hi, there!

Here are the mins for the ACP FO position: 800 TT, 25 ME, 300 XC (defined as point to point), 100 night, 500 PIC, 75 instrument
It looks like your TT, ME, and Turbine are great. Unfortunately, your PIC is too low.

Our pilot programs are all relatively new. We've had a handful flow over so far. We also have eight pilots in our UPS Gateway Program.

Hope that helps!

Do you have to become a UPS intern in order to do the gateway program? Thx.

frmrbuffdrvr 07-23-2018 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by FuturePilot79 (Post 2640712)
Do you have to become a UPS intern in order to do the gateway program? Thx.

Negative. The UPS intern program is refered to as "Phase 1." Phase 2 is for existing AMF pilots and pilots who hire direct to AMF. There a number of targets to meet in the course of the program leading to a final one year mentor program culminating in a formal interview invitation. FreightDog can give you more specific information but short answer it is available to all pilots who wish to pursue that path.

FuturePilot79 07-24-2018 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2641294)
Negative. The UPS intern program is refered to as "Phase 1." Phase 2 is for existing AMF pilots and pilots who hire direct to AMF. There a number of targets to meet in the course of the program leading to a final one year mentor program culminating in a formal interview invitation. FreightDog can give you more specific information but short answer it is available to all pilots who wish to pursue that path.

Good to know. Thanks!

dash3t 07-24-2018 04:58 PM

HBC not available if you live near AMF Base

Welp, found out from recruiting today that the Home Based Captain positions are only available to people who don't already live near an AMF base (within an hour). :confused:

I'm sure it's my misunderstanding but this is not the impression I've been given here in the forums so just FYI if anyone else was thinking like me, who can't relocate and wanted to use the HBC Schedule for QOL and to do other work to boost income.

Gonna have to figure something else out I guess. :(

/Bummed

mdiepenbroek 08-01-2018 04:44 AM

If someone does not currently live at the base they were hired at, how long after training do they have to find housing and move all their belongings? Thank you.

Boeing Aviator 08-02-2018 03:18 PM

All,

I’m United pilot trying to get info for a friend. He will be available around the first of the year as he’s taking advantage of a early retirement program in his current company in a non flying job.

He’s flight instructing and appears to meet all your FO requirements except he’s around 30 hours shy of cross country which he should have in the next few months.

I realize cargo isn’t airline flying, but can you please give me an example of a fairly tylical out and back and non out and back weekly schedule? What’s a typical night like and layover and night extended hub break.

He doesn’t live near any of your bases, would he qualify for the quick upgrade program being home based? Should he apply now or wait until close to the first of year?

Thanks in advance.

frmrbuffdrvr 08-03-2018 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Boeing Aviator (Post 2647871)
All,

Iím United pilot trying to get info for a friend. He will be available around the first of the year as heís taking advantage of a early retirement program in his current company in a non flying job.

Heís flight instructing and appears to meet all your FO requirements except heís around 30 hours shy of cross country which he should have in the next few months.

I realize cargo isnít airline flying, but can you please give me an example of a fairly tylical out and back and non out and back weekly schedule? Whatís a typical night like and layover and night extended hub break.

He doesnít live near any of your bases, would he qualify for the quick upgrade program being home based? Should he apply now or wait until close to the first of year?

Thanks in advance.

The first officers are not home based. But they also do not have a permanent base. Once they finish training they are sent to a base where they can build the hours that they need. During that time we take care of travel, hotel and per diem. Once he upgrades to captain then he could go to home based status if that is what he is hired for.

While he probably would not get a class assignment right away, I would suggest getting an application/resume in when he can and then just keep in touch with the recruiter for when we get closer to his time he can start. We usually start filling class slots about a month and a half prior to the class. Indoc classes start on the first Monday of the month.

MettetalAir 08-03-2018 08:32 AM

Is it a M to F schedule or 14/14/7/14?

Hi. Im a new member here. Nice to be here. I am looking at Epic flight school in Florida which has a flow program into Ameriflight. I have been wondering about Ameriflight's schedule. I have looked everywhere and seen two schedules:

A) M to F leaving in the morning, having a long layover, and coming back in the evening. About 3 to 4 hours of flying per day.

B) 14/14/7/14.

1. Which of these two schedules do new pilots get in the company?
2. I greatly prefer the latter of these two schedules. Any steps a pilot must take to obtain it?
3. In the former shedule, what do pilots do in their long layovers during the day?
4. In the latter schedule, I could safely assume the 14 days of flying would be spent sleeping at hotels here and there, right? There wouldn't be nights spent at home during the 14 nights of work, right? Does Ameriflight provide any money for meals? Do they put their pilots in decent hotels?

FreightDogs 08-03-2018 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by mdiepenbroek (Post 2646458)
If someone does not currently live at the base they were hired at, how long after training do they have to find housing and move all their belongings? Thank you.

Hi, there!

We don't necessarily have a standard across the company for this.
It is up to the base and your regional chief pilot. Keeping an open line of communication with them on your plans and needs will make the process pretty smooth!

FreightDogs 08-03-2018 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by MettetalAir (Post 2648226)
Hi. Im a new member here. Nice to be here. I am looking at Epic flight school in Florida which has a flow program into Ameriflight. I have been wondering about Ameriflight's schedule. I have looked everywhere and seen two schedules:

A) M to F leaving in the morning, having a long layover, and coming back in the evening. About 3 to 4 hours of flying per day.

B) 14/14/7/14.

1. Which of these two schedules do new pilots get in the company?
2. I greatly prefer the latter of these two schedules. Any steps a pilot must take to obtain it?
3. In the former shedule, what do pilots do in their long layovers during the day?
4. In the latter schedule, I could safely assume the 14 days of flying would be spent sleeping at hotels here and there, right? There wouldn't be nights spent at home during the 14 nights of work, right? Does Ameriflight provide any money for meals? Do they put their pilots in decent hotels?

Hi, there!

Hoping to clear this up a little for you!

We have both of those schedules. The first is for pilots who live near one of our bases (set base and schedule, home every night and on weekends). The second is for pilots who live more than an hour and a half from our base (assignments have you flying anywhere we need you in our system, 14/7/14/14).

1. New pilots can get either as it is decided by your location.
2. Nothing in particular, just location.
3. They do whatever they'd like - some go to college (online or in person), some play golf or hike or sleep or explore, etc.
4. Yes, sleeping at hotels where your assignment for that time is. There likely would not be any nights at home during your "on" time. Yes, we provide a $35/day per diem. Yes, the hotels are decent.

Hope that helps! :)