Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

FuturePilot79 09-17-2018 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2675439)
The program with Epic is through their in-house financing. I haven't heard any specifics of other flight training but I believe we are looking at similar programs with other flight schools. I have no specifics however.

Oh, the recruiter failed to mention in-house financing and so did their website. I'll have to ask about that. Thanks for the heads up.

Imasuen1 09-18-2018 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by FuturePilot79 (Post 2674972)
Are you referring to the Ameriflight program at Epic Flight Academy? I'm interested in doing that, especially since Ameriflight reimburses up to $60,000 of the training costs after 3 years through an agreement with them essentially making flight training free. The only problem is they don't really work with any lenders for those of us that need to finance it. Do you know if Ameriflight has any plans to sponsor flight training in the future instead of the reimbursement? I know having that happen is probably a pipe dream, but figured I'd ask. Thanks!

I think Epic makes the reimbursement after 3yrs. Not Ameriflight.

frmrbuffdrvr 09-19-2018 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Imasuen1 (Post 2676757)
I think Epic makes the reimbursement after 3yrs. Not Ameriflight.

Actually, the way the program is set up, Epic provides the financing for the pilot's training. Once the pilot reaches IFR mins and comes to Ameriflight, there are three benchmarks they have to meet. (I'm not going to name them because I might be wrong on one or two.) When the pilot reaches the benchmark, AMF pays back Epic for 1/3 of the loan. The money never actually passes through the pilot's hands. Unless they don't meet all of the benchmarks at AMF, at which point they are on the hook to Epic for the remainder of the loan.

FreightDogs 09-19-2018 11:00 AM

For pilots interested in a position with Ameriflight, we'd like to list out our current openings (position, aircraft, & location)!

In order of lowest to highest flight min requirement:

First Officer ACP: Nationwide (could live anywhere, we'd fly you to assignment)

Captain BE99: BUR, ONT, OMA, ABQ, PDX, BFI
+ these outstations: San Diego CA, Visalia CA, Reno NV, Klamath Falls OR

Captain BE1900: LAN, OMA, BFI, SJU
+ these outstations: Lewiston, ID

Captain SA227: LAN, SUS, CVG, SAT, SLC, SJU
+ these outstations: La Grande, OR

Captain EMB120: SLC, BQN
+ these outstations: Kalispell, MT

We also have a Flight Training Department Instructor position open at our headquarters in DFW.

If you'd like to know more, feel free to ask! :)

CapnGraybush 09-21-2018 02:39 AM

Hi again FreightDogs and thanks for all the help so far. Can you tell me what aircraft fly out of SUS? I live 45 minutes away and would prefer to stay home based.

FreightDogs 09-21-2018 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by CapnGraybush (Post 2678346)
Hi again FreightDogs and thanks for all the help so far. Can you tell me what aircraft fly out of SUS? I live 45 minutes away and would prefer to stay home based.

Hi, there!

We currently have just one pilot opening out of our SUS base - it's a SA227 Captain position.

Hope that helps! :)

CapnGraybush 09-21-2018 05:44 AM

Okay great thanks! Something to work towards!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CapnGraybush 09-21-2018 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2678385)
Hi, there!

We currently have just one pilot opening out of our SUS base - it's a SA227 Captain position.

Hope that helps! :)

Great thank you. Something to work towards!

frmrbuffdrvr 09-21-2018 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by CapnGraybush (Post 2678397)
Great thank you. Something to work towards!

Yeah, SUS only has metros at this time.

c140flyer 09-21-2018 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2677313)
For pilots interested in a position with Ameriflight, we'd like to list out our current openings (position, aircraft, & location)!

In order of lowest to highest flight min requirement:

First Officer ACP: Nationwide (could live anywhere, we'd fly you to assignment)

Captain BE99: BUR, ONT, OMA, ABQ, PDX, BFI
+ these outstations: San Diego CA, Visalia CA, Reno NV, Klamath Falls OR

Do you know about how many hours/month the BE99 runs out of BFI average?

Also, if I'm ~40 hrs short of the IFR 135 mins is there any point in applying now, knowing that I'll have the hours in the next 3 weeks? Or is it best just to wait and apply in 3 weeks?

Thanks!