Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

FreightDogs 11-19-2018 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by 2BluSkyz (Post 2710280)
How many hours are pilots getting on average per month? Looks like they have some awesome opportunities with their flow through programs!

Hi, there!

Ameriflight pilots average 60 flight hours per month (720 per year).

zulufox 11-19-2018 09:03 AM

I have a few questions about the 120 FO positions. What are bases and what is the typical schedule like? What kind of hours can an FO expect per year?

FreightDogs 11-20-2018 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by zulufox (Post 2710934)
I have a few questions about the 120 FO positions. What are bases and what is the typical schedule like? What kind of hours can an FO expect per year?

Hi, there!

Here are the current bases for EMB120s: BFI, ONT, PDX, PHX, BQN, and SLC
Typical schedule is Monday through Friday, morning to evening. EMB120 FOs average a little less flight hours per year than our other pilots - about 40 per month, 500 per year.

Hope that helps!

kauaiflyguy 11-21-2018 11:35 AM

Beech 99 PIC Requirements

Anybody know if Ameriflight relaxes the 500 PIC minimum for Beech 99 Capt? Thanks.

colonials13 11-21-2018 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by kauaiflyguy (Post 2712146)
Anybody know if Ameriflight relaxes the 500 PIC minimum for Beech 99 Capt? Thanks.

Same question regarding EMB-120 FO? Currently at 300 PIC.

AkAv8er 11-22-2018 09:22 AM

be1900 sea schedule

Hello,

I'm getting ready to apply for a captain pos on the beech 1900 out of bfi and had a few more questions.

First is regarding the schedule. I've read from previous posts that a typ schedule is a show time around 5 am, fly until maybe 8 am, hang out until about 2 pm and done around 5 pm. Does that sound right for the sea b1900s? Other scheduling I should expect out of training? Of course Im flexible but I'm trying to give the wife a realistic picture of what to expect.

Speaking of training I read indoc is Dallas (was it 2 weeks?) then training location depends on aircraft. Where should i expect for the b1900?

Lastly I've been flying IFR and doing a bunch of sim time prepping but I see the sim evaluation isn't until training. Does anyone (freight dog) see an issue with trying to start training in jan if the interview process goes well?

Thanks

frmrbuffdrvr 11-23-2018 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by AkAv8er (Post 2712495)
Hello,

I'm getting ready to apply for a captain pos on the beech 1900 out of bfi and had a few more questions.

First is regarding the schedule. I've read from previous posts that a typ schedule is a show time around 5 am, fly until maybe 8 am, hang out until about 2 pm and done around 5 pm. Does that sound right for the sea b1900s? Other scheduling I should expect out of training? Of course Im flexible but I'm trying to give the wife a realistic picture of what to expect.

Speaking of training I read indoc is Dallas (was it 2 weeks?) then training location depends on aircraft. Where should i expect for the b1900?

Lastly I've been flying IFR and doing a bunch of sim time prepping but I see the sim evaluation isn't until training. Does anyone (freight dog) see an issue with trying to start training in jan if the interview process goes well?

Thanks

That's pretty close for a west coast schedule. Though I think the PM side might be 1-2 hours later than that. You'll be closer to finishing around 7PM than 5.

Your training estimate is pretty spot on. 2 weeks in Dallas for Indoc/MEICE then 3-4 weeks aircraft specific training.For a 1900 captain the training will be in LGA.

Since I'm not in the hiring pipeline, I can't speak to possible class dates, other than I know there won't be new hire training in December.

frmrbuffdrvr 11-23-2018 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by colonials13 (Post 2712221)
Same question regarding EMB-120 FO? Currently at 300 PIC.

I believe FreightDog answered this a ways back in the thread. The PIC requirement is firm for both positions.

frmrbuffdrvr 11-23-2018 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by dera (Post 2710294)
Ameriflight has no flow programs.
Guaranteed interview is not a flow program.

dera is correct in that we don't have "flow through" programs. At least not in the sense where you have any kind of guaranteed hiring beyond AMF. But our pathway programs in most cases are more than simply guaranteed interviews. I know in the UPS Gateway program the AMF pilot will spend a year working with a UPS mentor and formally being in touch with people at UPS. So by the time the interview comes around, they are a "known quantity" as far as UPS is concerned. Making it more of a "yours to lose" interview than convincing them they should hire you.

2BluSkyz 11-24-2018 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2710835)
Hi, there!

Ameriflight pilots average 60 flight hours per month (720 per year).

Thanks, and are there contracts for the FO's?