Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

FreightDogs 12-12-2018 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Burtron (Post 2723046)
Hi,

I'm looking at the FO Position for the EMB120 and had a couple questions.

I have 485 TT, 9.2 ME, 77 Instrument, 55 Night, 200 XC. Currently sitting around 350 PIC.

This might be obvious, but I am wondering how is it possible to have both 500TT and 500PIC? As I remember, you can't log PIC until you attain PPL. Am I missing something?

Also, what are the bases for the EMB120 and how often are there openings for this position?

Thanks!

Hi,

You are correct. It's not actually possible to have 500 TT and 500 PIC at the same time. The 500 TT is a hard min. The 500 PIC is just a preferred min. So definitely need the 500 TT and as close as possible to the 500 PIC is preferred. Hope that makes sense!

Here are the bases that have EMB120 routes atm: BFI, ONT, PDX, PHX, BQN, and SLC

We see openings every two or so months. In fact, three of the pilots in our December training class are going to be EMB120 FOs.

Hope that helps!

jlalcido 12-12-2018 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2723753)
Hi,

You are correct. It's not actually possible to have 500 TT and 500 PIC at the same time. The 500 TT is a hard min. The 500 PIC is just a preferred min. So definitely need the 500 TT and as close as possible to the 500 PIC is preferred. Hope that makes sense!

Here are the bases that have EMB120 routes atm: BFI, ONT, PDX, PHX, BQN, and SLC

We see openings every two or so months. In fact, three of the pilots in our December training class are going to be EMB120 FOs.

Hope that helps!

Do those openings come up on the website? I've been looking at the openings for a while and haven't seen anything but Captain openings.

FreightDogs 12-13-2018 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by jlalcido (Post 2724152)
Do those openings come up on the website? I've been looking at the openings for a while and haven't seen anything but Captain openings.

They do come up on the website, but get filled so quickly they're easy to miss.

Pitot Cover 12-13-2018 09:00 AM

Hi,

I have all the part 135 PIC minimums met, however I only have 25 hours of multi. Feeling very reluctant to go to regionals. What are my chances of making PIC at ameriflight?

FreightDogs 12-13-2018 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Pitot Cover (Post 2724412)
Hi,

I have all the part 135 PIC minimums met, however I only have 25 hours of multi. Feeling very reluctant to go to regionals. What are my chances of making PIC at ameriflight?

Good question! The BE99 Captain flight min for ME is 50 hours. However, we are able to hire under that - especially if you have higher times in other place like Turbine, Night, or Instrument. You'll get a bit in training, as well.

Highly encourage you to apply, especially if the location you prefer is open. Let me know when you do and I'll ping a recruiter for you!

Burtron 12-13-2018 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2723753)
Hi,

Hope that helps!

Yes thank you! I will be getting the 500TT mins within the next month along with the ME time. I'll keep a lookout for the EMB 120 FO position on the website.

Currently looking to switch careers from a Delta mechanic to full time flying.

FlightLife 12-13-2018 02:53 PM

Hi,

I applied with just barely more multi time than you, and 90 percent of my flight time was in helicopters (VFR). Ameriflight's training program is tough if you don't study. I got a hold of training materials early and studied my butt off before indoc. I'd hop in a sim and turn the GPS off too just to prepare if you're worried about the IFR stuff.

Your chances of becoming PIC at Ameriflight are what you put into it. Study and be IFR proficient, and you'll do alright.

dash3t 12-13-2018 03:11 PM

Hi,

I have 34 hours and recruiting told me I needed 50 before they would start the interview process.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Flyingbono 12-13-2018 06:51 PM

Home Based BE99 Pilot Requirements

Curious what the real/practical requirements are to be home based in the BE99? Seemed like several months ago, there were a number of home based positions posted, but have not seen them for a while. At the time, the listed requirements were the same as the other BE99 CA positions, but I think I saw a comment somewhere that Ameriflight is actually looking for higher experience for home basing due to the variety of locales/conditions that might be encountered.

So are they still hiring home based folks at all? If so, what are you looking for? I surpass the normal BE99 CA listed requirements, but have to stay in the Austin area for another year for family reasons. SAT would be a 2 hr one-way drive for me, not really commutable for the Ameriflight schedule.

frmrbuffdrvr 12-15-2018 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Flyingbono (Post 2724773)
Curious what the real/practical requirements are to be home based in the BE99? Seemed like several months ago, there were a number of home based positions posted, but have not seen them for a while. At the time, the listed requirements were the same as the other BE99 CA positions, but I think I saw a comment somewhere that Ameriflight is actually looking for higher experience for home basing due to the variety of locales/conditions that might be encountered.

So are they still hiring home based folks at all? If so, what are you looking for? I surpass the normal BE99 CA listed requirements, but have to stay in the Austin area for another year for family reasons. SAT would be a 2 hr one-way drive for me, not really commutable for the Ameriflight schedule.

You must live in north Austin. I lived in south Austin when I started with AMF and could make it to SAT in 45 minutes at 5AM. But that was also 18 years ago.