Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

ESQ702 03-27-2019 10:54 PM

- Does Ameriflight ever consider hiring pilots part time? I need to keep some sort of a “day job” for about 3 days a week to pay bills while flying/building time. Thx for the info.

FreightDogs 03-28-2019 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by ESQ702 (Post 2791607)
- Does Ameriflight ever consider hiring pilots part time? I need to keep some sort of a “day job” for about 3 days a week to pay bills while flying/building time. Thx for the info.

Part time pilot positions don't really go well with our schedule. Our typical schedule is Monday through Friday, morning to evening - so nights and weekends at home. With that, a pilot has their own route and in turn operates it M-F if that makes sense.

Mbotr000 03-31-2019 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2787612)
Just a little update for everyone. We added pages to the Ameriflight website specific to our UPS® FlightPath Program.
Here's the link if you want to check it out: https://w3.ameriflight.com/ups-flightpath/
There are two paths - 1. Low time pilot not yet qualified to fly for Ameriflight (would start with a 12 month internship at UPS) 2. All others (would fly for Ameriflight for 36 months before moving onto UPS as a First Officer)

Hey, do you need at least 36 month for future hires? Or can you spend 1 or 2 years only if you have previous turbine time? Thank you.

FreightDogs 04-01-2019 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Mbotr000 (Post 2793640)
Hey, do you need at least 36 month for future hires? Or can you spend 1 or 2 years only if you have previous turbine time? Thank you.

At the moment, it's 36 months for all future hires at any experience level. Not sure what's in the future as the program continues, but not shutting any doors!

Mellokeith 04-05-2019 08:19 AM

Ideas?

I earned an Aviation Science degree in 1989, but had few means to build flight time after graduation. I flew a couple of years S&R for CAP in the early 1990s then became a teacher and again had no funds for flying...
After 24 years of no flying, I passed a (VFR) flight review in 1 flight (a month ago). I have decided I want to go back to what I always wanted; to fly for a living.
I really like the look of Ameriflight and I am very close to requirements, but the last time I flew an instrument proficiency check was in '94, before we even had GPS. I'm short on funds, being unemployed for over 9 months.
I have a friend who has loaned me his VFR plane, so getting the TT up a few hours is just the price of fuel. It's the IFR currency I'm most worried about.

Any ideas or even assistance available to get me to an employable position with AMF??

I have: Class 2 Medical, Commercial , SEL, MEL, IFR airplane
495.8 TT
73.1 IFR (only 4.4 actual) last check was 1994
29.7 ME
110.6 HP/complex
10.3 turbine

Sorry for the long story...

Mellokeith 04-09-2019 06:21 AM

Ideas?

Originally Posted by Mellokeith (Post 2796780)
I earned an Aviation Science degree in 1989, but had few means to build flight time after graduation. I flew a couple of years S&R for CAP in the early 1990s then became a teacher and again had no funds for flying...
After 24 years of no flying, I passed a (VFR) flight review in 1 flight (a month ago). I have decided I want to go back to what I always wanted; to fly for a living.
I really like the look of Ameriflight and I am very close to requirements, but the last time I flew an instrument proficiency check was in '94, before we even had GPS. I'm short on funds, being unemployed for over 9 months.
I have a friend who has loaned me his VFR plane, so getting the TT up a few hours is just the price of fuel. It's the IFR currency I'm most worried about.

Any ideas or even assistance available to get me to an employable position with AMF??

495.8 TT
29.7 ME
110.6 HP/complex
10.3 turbine

Hi Freightdogs,
Sorry, I guess I should have addressed my last message directly to you, though I figured ideas from anyone with experience would be a help.

There are many avenues available to help young pilots today that didn't exist back in the 80s and 90s when I was trying to get into professional aviation. Is there anything available for getting an older guy with an Aviation Science degree up to speed like the young folks?

Thanks

eventualpilot 04-09-2019 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mellokeith (Post 2796780)

495.8 TT
29.7 ME
110.6 HP/complex
10.3 turbine

Sorry for the long story...

Just took the below from the Ameriflight website. See how you compare and keep an eye out for when the below positions become available. Get an IPC and keep building time.

First Officer Positions

EMB120 FO: 500 TT, 25 ME, 100 XC (defined as point to point), 25 night, 350 PIC, 75 instrument

Accelerated Captain Program FO: 750 TT, 25 ME, 300 XC (defined as point to point), 100 night, 500 PIC, 75 instrument

TeamSasquatch 04-11-2019 01:46 PM

Do you guys operate the 1900D also? Found this link interesting. Haven’t really noticed 1900D in a while. I see the 1900C in a cargo config a lot. Looks like they made a lot more of D models. Thoughts?

https://www.alpine-air.com/superfreighter

ComingInHot 04-12-2019 02:41 PM

EMB 120 FO position @ONT

Hi everyone,

new member here, have been reading for a while for a while though.

Truly interested in flying for Ameriflight, seems like a great company with some fun flying!

Finally I have enough hours to qualify for a FO position at Ameriflight. Currently I am a CFI/ CFII at 550h TT, living in San Diego.

I do have some questions and I would appreciate if some of you could give me some answers: (of course the only position I would qualify for is the EMB 120 FO position)

-
  • How likely is it to get ONT right away currently?
  • Could I continue living in San Diego if I get ONT or is that too far away? (I know that you have to live within 1.5 hours of your base)
  • Realistically how many hours per month does a FO get out of ONT?
  • Do the hours as a FO on the EMB 120 count towards your ATP?
  • How long is a work day usually/ when does it start & end? (If I understand correctly its Monday through Friday, so I would be home every evening)
  • Is there a training contract for the captain positions on the BE99 once I have enough hours to upgrade?

Thank you for any insight you may have :)

ZippyNH 04-12-2019 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by TeamSasquatch (Post 2801197)
Do you guys operate the 1900D also? Found this link interesting. Haven’t really noticed 1900D in a while. I see the 1900C in a cargo config a lot. Looks like they made a lot more of D models. Thoughts?

https://www.alpine-air.com/superfreighter

If you read the website...it has an interesting piece of info on modifications that the "D" REQUIRED,, unlike the "b" and "c".

EMERGENCY EXIT DOOR REMOVAL​​​​

- NEW PILOT EMERGENCY EXIT DOOR

I am guessing the extra $$ to convert them, the much higher fuel burn than the B/C killed the program for most operators.