Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

ComingInHot 04-17-2019 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2804298)
1. It depends on your hours when you start the program, but usually 4-6 months. (An example: we have two pilots who came to Ameriflight in the January InDoc class as ACP FOs. Since then, they completed training and flew on some of our highest timed routes - PR for example. They will be heading to upgrade class in the middle of May to become BE99 Captains.)

2. Yes. In the ACP program, you live wherever you'd like. We send you from the nearest airport to any of our bases to fly our highest timed routes (in order to get you to Captain mins quickly).

3. It all depends on timing. We only have one route atm out of San Diego. It's a BE99 route, which is a plus for you. It would just depend on when that current pilot is transitioning to larger equipment, leaving, or just wants to move. You could probably guesstimate by comparing BE99 mins to BE1900 mins, though.

4. Atm, only 30+ flight hours per month on that one.

5. Commuting is not really possible with our schedule. But a more thorough look on your current situation can be given by a recruiter during the application process. TDY or ONT might be an option if SAN is not open - again something to speak with your recruiter about when the time comes.

6. Yes, you could be a BE99 restricted Captain at 1,000 TT. But you'd have to be an ACP FO with us first. Our waiver from the FAA allows us to put Captains in the BE99 at 1,000 TT, but only if they are first a First Officer with us for at least 50 flight hours.

7. It's a ladder contract based on flight hours flown with AMF, not time. It's based on 1,200 flight hours with every 400 hours being worth $5,000 as our training costs us about $15,000 per pilot. The reason: the ACP positions are not required. It's just AMF helping the pilot get hours and up to Captain mins. Therefore we contract the pilot to stay for awhile.

8. Based on the ladder above.

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much freightdogs, you've been a tremendous help for me!

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

FreightDogs 04-17-2019 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by talon38 (Post 2804146)
I’ve tried to find the answer to this question within this thread, but I’ve had no luck.

Is the 2500TT for the Metro a hard minimum? I’m already flying the BE-99 and will be near 2000TT by the end of this year. I already work for a company owned by AMF and am considering moving to AMF.

The 2,500 TT is not a hard min. If you have exactly the other hours and experience listed, then we'd want it somewhere around there.
However, if you have additional hours or experience in other areas - ME, XC, Instrument, 135, etc. - we'd definitely consider you for the position.
If you're wanting to pursue this, feel free to send me a PM. I'll have our lead pilot recruiter touch base with you on hours, experience, locations, etc.

frmrbuffdrvr 04-17-2019 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by BravoPapa (Post 2804177)
Duh. That's why a lot of pilots go there. And Ameriflight understands that.

Yeah, but we don't want people to come in and either bail on the commitment they have made or even buy out of their contract. We aren't doing this for the money. We want captains to fly for us for a while.

BravoPapa 04-17-2019 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2804320)
Yeah, but we don't want people to come in and either bail on the commitment they have made or even buy out of their contract. We aren't doing this for the money. We want captains to fly for us for a while.

Agreed. I was just talking about it as a stepping stone. A pilot should honor any commitment that they make.

ZippyNH 04-18-2019 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by BravoPapa (Post 2804325)
Agreed. I was just talking about it as a stepping stone. A pilot should honor any commitment that they make.

+1
A few will find the lifestyle and work interesting enough and stay a bit longer...or in my case, leave, do corporate for a few thousand hours, then return. Cargo is kinda odd...I still bump into people from when I started in '99 that swore they would move on, that still fly it...some have moved on to bigger planes, some, happily, have stayed small.
Flying cargo can be interesting, and one thing honestly great about it is the people. Lots of different personalities...it's not like when you sit at an FBO, or sit in a hotel bar, and can guess who somebody works for because they have a specific personality type.

KSCessnaDriver 04-18-2019 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by TeamSasquatch (Post 2801988)
Sounds like a big project to get the STC (based on the text box they have on the website). I’d guess the volume of the 1900D would help to recoupe some of the cost. Probably would need to acquire and convert a good number to make it pan out.

I seem to remember asking once way back when I worked at Ameriflight about the D models, and the answer was that the performance was worse out of many airports, due to the 1900C being an SFAR 41C airplane, versus the 1900D being Part 23 Commuter Category.

TeamSasquatch 04-18-2019 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by KSCessnaDriver (Post 2805058)
I seem to remember asking once way back when I worked at Ameriflight about the D models, and the answer was that the performance was worse out of many airports, due to the 1900C being an SFAR 41C airplane, versus the 1900D being Part 23 Commuter Category.

Interesting, thanks. Seems like the part 23 is the reason they STC’d the escape hatch into the cockpit. I’d guess the large fuesalage has a speed penalty, but it looks like it could nearly replace 2 metros.

Lifesabeech92 04-18-2019 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by BravoPapa (Post 2804325)

their commitment is the contract or buy out... either is fine... what's not fine is leaving without buy out.

SoFloFlyer 04-20-2019 09:02 PM

Seems a bit difficult to figure out or maybe it’s just not possible, but what are the options for a someone who wants to come onboard at AMF, but lives in South Florida? Seems like you’d have to move to base when you’re hired.

ZippyNH 04-21-2019 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by SoFloFlyer (Post 2806143)
Seems a bit difficult to figure out or maybe it’s just not possible, but what are the options for a someone who wants to come onboard at AMF, but lives in South Florida? Seems like you’d have to move to base when you’re hired.

Depends on your experience...
An experience captain might be able to be home-based if a position is open....so 2200-2500+ hrs.
Others would really need you move to a base since the AMF schedule is not really commutable.