Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

justfun 10-01-2019 06:18 PM

We talked after he got home from work and he is ready for a different type of flying and location to do that flying.

Thanks for responding.

Whom should he reach out to at Ameriflight?

FreightDogs 10-02-2019 05:15 AM


Originally Posted by justfun (Post 2896731)
We talked after he got home from work and he is ready for a different type of flying and location to do that flying.

Thanks for responding.

Whom should he reach out to at Ameriflight?

We don't have any First Officer positions open on our careers website right now, so I would advise sending a resume with update flight times and availability (location and earliest month to start) to our pilot recruiters at [email protected].

justfun 10-02-2019 02:08 PM

So what is the difference between a restricted ca and one that is not? I realize that total hours is the main difference, 1,000 and 1,200. Does the ca have to use higher approach minimums?

Thanks for educating me.

I come from a military background, so this civilian career path is a different beast.

FreightDogs 10-03-2019 05:22 AM


Originally Posted by justfun (Post 2897185)
So what is the difference between a restricted ca and one that is not? I realize that total hours is the main difference, 1,000 and 1,200. Does the ca have to use higher approach minimums?

Thanks for educating me.

I come from a military background, so this civilian career path is a different beast.

No problem!
Ameriflight has a waiver from the FAA. With it, we created the Accelerated Captain Program.
For that program, we hire pilots around 750-900 TT and put them in the right seat of a BE99, BE1900, or SA227. They fly SIC until they reach 1,000 TT and then they become a restricted Captain in the BE99. With being restricted, they will have a regular Ameriflight Captain as a mentor and will have slightly lower weather mins (not quite VFR, just lower than normal). Once the pilot reaches 1,200 TT, they become a regular full blown BE99 Captain.

Ewokin 10-03-2019 07:36 AM


Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2897477)
No problem!
Ameriflight has a waiver from the FAA. With it, we created the Accelerated Captain Program.
For that program, we hire pilots around 750-900 TT and put them in the right seat of a BE99, BE1900, or SA227. They fly SIC until they reach 1,000 TT and then they become a restricted Captain in the BE99. With being restricted, they will have a regular Ameriflight Captain as a mentor and will have slightly lower weather mins (not quite VFR, just lower than normal). Once the pilot reaches 1,200 TT, they become a regular full blown BE99 Captain.

How many hours are the ACP FOs flying a month?

FreightDogs 10-03-2019 08:34 AM


Originally Posted by Ewokin (Post 2897541)
How many hours are the ACP FOs flying a month?

As much as they can. They are usually an ACP FO for 4-6 months (depending on what they come in with) and we typically send them to bases and routes with high times. They usually gain 60-100 flight hours per month.

Ewokin 10-03-2019 09:58 AM

Relocation required?

FreightDogs 10-04-2019 07:00 AM


Originally Posted by Ewokin (Post 2897623)
Relocation required?

During the ACP FO portion, the pilot doesn't relocate. They live wherever and we fly them to their assignment (one of our high timed routes).
When they become a full BE99 Captain at 1,200 TT, the pilot will pick an available base. If they don't live near it, they will have to relocate.
We have a relocation assistance program. It's a set amount, so probably wouldn't cover all expenses, but it helps.

frmrbuffdrvr 10-04-2019 08:38 AM


Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2897477)
No problem!
Ameriflight has a waiver from the FAA. With it, we created the Accelerated Captain Program.
For that program, we hire pilots around 750-900 TT and put them in the right seat of a BE99, BE1900, or SA227. They fly SIC until they reach 1,000 TT and then they become a restricted Captain in the BE99. With being restricted, they will have a regular Ameriflight Captain as a mentor and will have slightly lower weather mins (not quite VFR, just lower than normal). Once the pilot reaches 1,200 TT, they become a regular full blown BE99 Captain.

I think FreightDogs meant to say slightly HIGHER weather mins. A restricted captain designation basically allows them to fly through IMC during cruise. Their approach minimums are almost approaching VFR numbers, so the departure and arrival airports pretty much need to be VFR. But they aren't restricted to VFR rules for the enroute portion. And then once they hit 1200 hours they automatically change to unrestricted because they have already been checked to full IFR minimums.

FreightDogs 10-04-2019 09:21 AM


Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2898195)
I think FreightDogs meant to say slightly HIGHER weather mins. A restricted captain designation basically allows them to fly through IMC during cruise. Their approach minimums are almost approaching VFR numbers, so the departure and arrival airports pretty much need to be VFR. But they aren't restricted to VFR rules for the enroute portion. And then once they hit 1200 hours they automatically change to unrestricted because they have already been checked to full IFR minimums.

Yes - great catch! Higher.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:15 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands