Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

justfun 10-06-2019 07:17 AM

thanks for the clarification. That is similar to what we do with new CAs at a 121 carrier. The CA is restricted to higher mins, which means add 50 to the DA or MDA and 1/2 mile to the vis mins. Once they get 100 hours that is automatically removed.

klma 10-06-2019 10:18 PM


Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2872575)
Yes, still 500 TT for our regular FO positions.
Here are the full flight mins for it: 500 TT, 25 ME, 100 XC (defined as point to point), 25 night, 350 PIC, 75 instrument
The TT can be lowered to 450 hours if the pilot has structured flying (instructing or similar).

Our other FO position has higher flight mins.

Hope that helps!

For your first officer positions, how many hours of the instrument time need to be in an actual airplane (as opposed to sim)?

FreightDogs 10-07-2019 05:08 AM


Originally Posted by klma (Post 2899508)
For your first officer positions, how many hours of the instrument time need to be in an actual airplane (as opposed to sim)?

Good question! Shoot for 40 in the aircraft. Actual and sim count toward the 75 hours, but we need at least half to be in the actual aircraft.

frmrbuffdrvr 10-07-2019 07:52 AM


Originally Posted by justfun (Post 2899151)
thanks for the clarification. That is similar to what we do with new CAs at a 121 carrier. The CA is restricted to higher mins, which means add 50 to the DA or MDA and 1/2 mile to the vis mins. Once they get 100 hours that is automatically removed.

We have the same "High Mins" under 135.225.

The situation I described is actually under our exemption which allows us to have IFR captains at less than the 1200 hours normally required by 135.243 (c)(2). There are other requirements related to training and supervision as well as significantly higher airport mins that I mentioned.

Skykeeper 10-08-2019 09:29 AM

EFB Program
 
There was a post a while back about testing on an EFB program starting.

Did the EFB program ever get implemented or are you guys still using paper Jepp charts?

FreightDogs 10-08-2019 09:40 AM


Originally Posted by Skykeeper (Post 2900279)
There was a post a while back about testing on an EFB program starting.

Did the EFB program ever get implemented or are you guys still using paper Jepp charts?

Yes, pilots started using the new EFBs about a year ago now. We went with the iPad Mini 4s.

Here's a link to the article for anyone interested: https://w3.ameriflight.com/efbs-land...IoDhIMDcuniJos

Skykeeper 10-08-2019 09:59 AM


Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2900286)
Yes, pilots started using the new EFBs about a year ago now. We went with the iPad Mini 4s.

Here's a link to the article for anyone interested: https://w3.ameriflight.com/efbs-land...IoDhIMDcuniJos

Awesome, thanks for the reply

frmrbuffdrvr 10-08-2019 09:59 AM


Originally Posted by Skykeeper (Post 2900279)
There was a post a while back about testing on an EFB program starting.

Did the EFB program ever get implemented or are you guys still using paper Jepp charts?


Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2900286)
Yes, pilots started using the new EFBs about a year ago now. We went with the iPad Mini 4s.

Here's a link to the article for anyone interested: https://w3.ameriflight.com/efbs-land...IoDhIMDcuniJos

Right now we are only using it for the Jepp charts. Once we get approval for Ops Spec A025 we will be able to put all of our publications on it (GOM, SOP, etc.)

Skykeeper 10-08-2019 10:01 AM


Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2900306)
Right now we are only using it for the Jepp charts. Once we get approval for Ops Spec A025 we will be able to put all of our publications on it (GOM, SOP, etc.)

Thanks ! At least you aren't carrying around\updating Jepp chart folders anymore.

What about W&B. Do you have a way to do that on the iPad yet or is that still manual\Paper?

frmrbuffdrvr 10-08-2019 10:06 AM


Originally Posted by Skykeeper (Post 2900308)
Thanks ! At least you aren't carrying around\updating Jepp chart folders anymore.

Amen to that.


What about W&B. Do you have a way to do that on the iPad yet or is that still manual\Paper?
It is still manual. Our metro program manager has a test app to do metro w&b but anything like that will need to be approved by the FAA before we can use it. And that will likely take a while.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:44 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands