Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

ZippyNH 11-14-2019 01:50 PM


Originally Posted by Seneca Pilot (Post 2923754)
I have captain flight times but have been out of aviation for ten years. I am current with BFR and IPC and have been flying a lot of simulator approaches so I am pretty proficient. What would my best plan of action be for getting hired at Ameriflight?

I was in a similar situation....had an ATP, type, prior cargo and corporate experience....
I decided after about 7 years off to get back into flying...
Did a BFR, and quite a bit of time in a Sim setup to mimic a be-99 with the sensitivity set to high....spoke with a recruiter about my experience...got a class date.
Did several hours at a time, several hours a day to get my scan going, along with lots if studying....let's face it, it's one thing to do one or two approaches, another thing to 3-5+ hrs in a day in some cases...
Got hired as a metro Captain, haven't looked back.
Could I have spent a few more $$ to be more comfortable.....yup...but I guess I did enough.
Guess the more time/experience you have, the easier it is to return to the seat. Having had prior cargo experience, and with some in the same type of plane made it easier....
The class I was in had a wide range of individuals, both in age and background, from GA pilots to retired airline guys, and in all honesty, some of the less experienced people had an easier time because they had good study habits.

Killamplanes 11-18-2019 03:01 AM

I have 5k hours meet 135 minimums, 3k turboprop. All turbine ag hours. My question I live by stl. Do not want and could not afford to be full time. Would like to be a part time 1-2 day fill in or maybe fulltime during peak. Is there such a thing. End goal not to fly heavy. Just stay current and be of help. Cargo much more my thing than people hauling. I just want my closest base. Is this realistic?

FreightDogs 11-18-2019 05:48 AM


Originally Posted by Killamplanes (Post 2925649)
I have 5k hours meet 135 minimums, 3k turboprop. All turbine ag hours. My question I live by stl. Do not want and could not afford to be full time. Would like to be a part time 1-2 day fill in or maybe fulltime during peak. Is there such a thing. End goal not to fly heavy. Just stay current and be of help. Cargo much more my thing than people hauling. I just want my closest base. Is this realistic?

The closest base would probably be SDF. That's not really close enough to do the 1-2 day fill ins. But a full time peak schedule would work if you're willing to be away from home for most of it. There are several Ameriflight pilots that do that and are Alaskan pilots or wildfire pilots the other time of year.

Hope that helps!

woo10 11-19-2019 07:14 AM

I am very close to the ACP minimums mentioned here minus the multi time. Can any of the multi requirements be in a sim or does it all need to be in an aircraft? It's tough around here to find a multi to do the rating in much less build time.

Also, any idea if there will be any ACP hires around spring 2020? Should I send a resume before I hit all the minimums or just wait?

Thanks for any replies.

FreightDogs 11-20-2019 11:20 AM


Originally Posted by woo10 (Post 2926320)
I am very close to the ACP minimums mentioned here minus the multi time. Can any of the multi requirements be in a sim or does it all need to be in an aircraft? It's tough around here to find a multi to do the rating in much less build time.

Also, any idea if there will be any ACP hires around spring 2020? Should I send a resume before I hit all the minimums or just wait?

Thanks for any replies.

Yes, sim multi time counts.
We're hiring 2-4 First Officers every month and will likely continue doing so.
Wait until you are less than one month away. And you can always remember your login and go back in and update as you gain more. The recruiters start hiring six weeks out and classes start the first Monday of every month.

justfun 11-20-2019 02:03 PM

What are you FO mins? What is the best way to apply? Is there a POC for this process? My son currently have just over 600 total hours, CFI and CFII. He has over 75 hours instrument, over 500 PIC, 150 of 121 x country hours, and over 50 hours of night time. Also, 300 hours of dual given.

Do these numbers seem competitive for hiring purposes?

Thanks

frmrbuffdrvr 11-21-2019 09:49 AM


Originally Posted by justfun (Post 2927226)
What are you FO mins? What is the best way to apply? Is there a POC for this process? My son currently have just over 600 total hours, CFI and CFII. He has over 75 hours instrument, over 500 PIC, 150 of 121 x country hours, and over 50 hours of night time. Also, 300 hours of dual given.

Do these numbers seem competitive for hiring purposes?

Thanks

What are his ME times? The rest looks pretty good for an E120 FO.

FreightDogs will probably chime in soon and can answer the rest of the questions.

justfun 11-21-2019 12:24 PM

Thanks.

He is working right now, but my guess is about 20 or so?

1alpha2 11-21-2019 03:13 PM


Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2927125)
Yes, sim multi time counts.
We're hiring 2-4 First Officers every month and will likely continue doing so.
Wait until you are less than one month away. And you can always remember your login and go back in and update as you gain more. The recruiters start hiring six weeks out and classes start the first Monday of every month.

Where can I apply, I don't see any openings on the website. Do I just need to email my resume to a recruiter? Thanks and any idea on what the possible bases for an FO would be?

frmrbuffdrvr 11-22-2019 06:41 AM


Originally Posted by 1alpha2 (Post 2927983)
Where can I apply, I don't see any openings on the website. Do I just need to email my resume to a recruiter? Thanks and any idea on what the possible bases for an FO would be?

I can't speak to the openings listed. I know we have a need for E120 FOs but I don't work in recruiting so I don't know what we may have in the pipeline.

As for bases, we have E120s in BQN, PHX, ONT, PDX, GEG and GTF.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:34 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands