Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

frmrbuffdrvr 01-27-2020 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by NewbiePilot (Post 2963768)
It seems that Ameriflight doesn’t find as much value in their Beech 99 Captains. According to the new bonus structure at least. I honestly wonder how many they’ll lose once the current captains collect their final peak to peak bonus soon. I guess we will find out. I’ll just wait patiently to see how many abandon ship and end up making the move to greener pastures. After all, losing the bonus officially puts them as the lowest paid 99 Captains when compared to their competitors. It seems to be a gamble, we'll see how it plays out.

I will say however, I recognize that Ameriflight is at least making an effort to still give bonuses to type rated captains. While it’s not as good as the old program that was canceled by UPS, I appreciate their attempt to at least retain some of the bonus structure in a new program.

The effort is to get folks to move up into the typed planes. Right now we don't have a problem getting enough BE99 pilots. It's in getting more of them to move up to the metro and BE1900.

AnonymousAMF 01-27-2020 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2965193)
The effort is to get folks to move up into the typed planes. Right now we don't have a problem getting enough BE99 pilots. It's in getting more of them to move up to the metro and BE1900.

here’s a thought why not raise base salary 100000 and then have the bonus. You’re behind the market and this doesn’t fix it and retention bonuses are managements way of saying we don’t trust you to stay. Pay people enough for the work they put in and they will stay.

AnonymousAMF 01-27-2020 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by AnonymousAMF (Post 2965320)
here’s a thought why not raise base salary 100000 and then have the bonus. You’re behind the market and this doesn’t fix it and retention bonuses are managements way of saying we don’t trust you to stay. Pay people enough for the work they put in and they will stay.

meant 10000

FlightLife 02-02-2020 08:44 AM

My first year at AMF: 67,000 (not including bonus)

Second year: near 100,000 (Not including bonus)

All you have to do is move up into type rated equipment and become an instructor (not hard to do). There are always opportunities to advance.

Peak season is not that bad. In fact, the schedule is the same; fly out in the morning and fly back in the evening.

I didn't TDY once the last two peaks (not that it matters; I don't mind a week flying in a new location once in a while). Some bases may TDY more than others; it just depends on pilot resources at the time.

If you don't like it here, that's fine. Just don't bad mouth the company and make up lies based off rumors you may have heard.

I carefully considered all options before coming to AMF. The company seemed to be the best fit for me in attaining my goals. If its not the best fit for you, then that's fine; plenty of other options. I read a lot of negative garbage on these forums about AMF beforehand, and was pleasantly surprised to see that a lot of it wasn't true after arriving.

I agree the schedule does suck, being that you're away from home all day, but that's just what the schedule is in feeder cargo flying. Certainly not a career job (for some it is), but I find it a great stepping stone.

ZippyNH 02-02-2020 11:56 AM

Also to add...
when you consider that many b-99 Captains START at much lower time than other companies, thanks to the ACP program, the fact the AMF pays less makes sense. Fly a be-99 as an entry-level turboprop job, move up, make more $$$. Pretty simple.
Everything is about time or money...
Instruct for another year, making ¢, maybe or sitting most of a winter or come to AMF? The $$ isn't much if you consider you could get your hours in and be in a typed plane BEFORE you could start at one of the other "higher paid" companies.

Schedule is subjective at best, some love it, some hate it.
Out-based runs (IMHO)(home all day, away at night) might have the best deal, but in based or hub runs where you are away from home during the day does give the pilot more flexibility when asking for days off, and a bigger town or city to live in.
The grass will always be Greener on the other side of the fence for some.....just remember, it might Greener cause it's planted over the septic tank....
Honestly, I talk to some of the guys at the "other" companies mentioned and they are asking about benefits, jumpseats, CASS , KNOWN CREWMEMBER, 401k matches, and partner programs like UPS.....
People have different priorities.....based on yours, you pick the company. There is more to QOL than just $$$.

italianpilot 02-06-2020 07:04 AM

Ameriflight uses Eaglejet?

Does anyone know if there is a partnership between Ameriflight and EagleJet through Eaglejet pay to fly program? They send pilots to Ameriflight? Thanks

frmrbuffdrvr 02-06-2020 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by italianpilot (Post 2971965)
Does anyone know if there is a partnership between Ameriflight and EagleJet through Eaglejet pay to fly program? They send pilots to Ameriflight? Thanks

There used to be but I haven't seen anyone through there for a couple of years. The exemption that allowed them to log the time expired and was replaced by the ACP program. That is the only path I am aware of to log right seat time in our airplanes (other than the E120, which requires an FO.)

italianpilot 02-07-2020 05:14 AM

Do you know which kind of companies are they in partnership with at the moment?

FreightDogs 02-07-2020 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by italianpilot (Post 2972504)
Do you know which kind of companies are they in partnership with at the moment?

Eagle Jet used to have the companies listed on their site. I don't see them now, though. You could probably guess the companies by going to this page: Pricing
But your best bet would probably just be to reach out to them, if you haven't already.

justfun 02-07-2020 12:58 PM

I went to the Eagle Jets site to get an idea of what you were talking about. What is the pricing number that is posted under each job description?

thanks,