Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

frmrbuffdrvr 02-07-2020 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by justfun (Post 2972791)
I went to the Eagle Jets site to get an idea of what you were talking about. What is the pricing number that is posted under each job description?

thanks,

You'll need to contact them about that. They are not affiliated with us.

123TheSong 02-09-2020 10:02 AM

What’s up with the new Florida base? Routes?

FreightDogs 02-10-2020 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by 123TheSong (Post 2973780)
What’s up with the new Florida base? Routes?

There are six openings in Florida, mainly Miami.

Two Metro Captain positions in Miami. One Metro Captain position in Key West.
Three A&P Technician positions in Miami.

FreightDogs 02-10-2020 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 2974139)
There are six openings in Florida, mainly Miami.

Two Metro Captain positions in Miami. One Metro Captain position in Key West.
Three A&P Technician positions in Miami.

Preliminary info:
Two routes:
Key West (outstation) operating to Miami M-F evening and returning the following morning. Will provide lodging in MIA.
Miami based operating to Cancun M-F, departing in the AM and returning in the PM. Due to flight/duty time crews will fly every other day.

Alaskawill 02-15-2020 12:30 PM

Ameriflight

Do you know what a typical work week out of PHX looks like as far as returning to base? Are you gone for the week or do you return each day? I was offered a B99 spot a few months ago but had to hold off do to my current contract. I currently fly a BE200 in Alaska and also typed PIC on the EMB120 so that plane would hopefully be my end goal with AMF in PHX.

frmrbuffdrvr 02-15-2020 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Alaskawill (Post 2977651)
Do you know what a typical work week out of PHX looks like as far as returning to base? Are you gone for the week or do you return each day? I was offered a B99 spot a few months ago but had to hold off do to my current contract. I currently fly a BE200 in Alaska and also typed PIC on the EMB120 so that plane would hopefully be my end goal with AMF in PHX.

Except for the the ABQ-ALM-ABQ run (which is currently staffed) all of the PHX runs come into base every night. There is at least one run that is outstation based (Yuma) that does stay out there over the weekend. But all of the PHX based runs go out in the morning and return at night.

Alaskawill 02-15-2020 04:04 PM

Great, as much as I loved my hotel points coming back to base every night really helps with the decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tohellandback 02-19-2020 09:06 PM

Spokane, WA Pilot Base

Are there any Spokane based Beech 1900 pilots on this thread? I'm curious about the base and the QOL. Also, I'm typed in the Beech 1900 (SIC required) and was wondering what's involved with getting the single pilot type? Is the training inhouse?

frmrbuffdrvr 02-21-2020 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by tohellandback (Post 2980116)
Are there any Spokane based Beech 1900 pilots on this thread? I'm curious about the base and the QOL. Also, I'm typed in the Beech 1900 (SIC required) and was wondering what's involved with getting the single pilot type? Is the training inhouse?

I can't speak to any of the base specific stuff, but I can answer your second question. All of our training is in house. We have our own APD's to give the type checks. Training is all done in level C/D sims.

tohellandback 02-21-2020 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 2980879)
I can't speak to any of the base specific stuff, but I can answer your second question. All of our training is in house. We have our own APD's to give the type checks. Training is all done in level C/D sims.

Thanks for the information!