Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Meep 03-15-2020 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Mellokeith (Post 2990912)
I live in a small town in NE Oklahoma. An hour from Rogers/Bentonville/Fayetteville, AR; Joplin, MO; and about 1.5 from Tulsa, OK... about 3 hours from Kansas City and 5 hours from Dallas and St. Louis. We just bought a beautiful lake home not far from my parents (in their late 70s) and do not want to move. I have a local friend who commutes to Dallas to fly for American and another that flies for Omni Air. I understand being away from home for a week or so at a time is normal...

Flying for a major airline (or even a regional) is way different than AMF. Commuting for AMF really isn’t sustainable.

Rcordeiro122592 03-21-2020 11:48 AM

Is Ameriflight still hiring? Any homebased positions?

FreightDogs 03-21-2020 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Rcordeiro122592 (Post 3006489)
Is Ameriflight still hiring? Any homebased positions?

Yes, still hiring. Next class is April 13th. Then May 11th after that.
Unfortunately, we don't hire homebased anymore. Must live within 1.5 hours (driving distance) of a base.

Prop LT 03-21-2020 04:01 PM

Freight dogs. I have a friend interested in BE-99 captain positions in Omaha. It seems all positions are filled there currently, but would there be a way for him to get on a “list” for future openings?

Thanks

FreightDogs 03-24-2020 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Prop LT (Post 3006778)
Freight dogs. I have a friend interested in BE-99 captain positions in Omaha. It seems all positions are filled there currently, but would there be a way for him to get on a “list” for future openings?

Thanks

There's not an official list to be on for specific future openings. However, if he hasn't applied yet, I'd highly advise him to apply for the BE99 Captain nationwide position. That's the generic position that's default for "my location isn't open at the moment". If qualified and application is in, a recruiter will call him and discuss the location he wants. If it's not open and they aren't able to add an additional pilot there, the recruiter can keep him on their list for it.

Hope that helps!

Danielle204 03-24-2020 10:45 AM

Does anyone know when Ameriflight will be hiring first officers again? I sent my resume to a recruiter and got a reply within minutes that there were currently no first officer positions available. I figured as much with the current situation, but I had read they were stilling hiring on a couple different sites. Thought I’d give it a try.

FreightDogs 03-25-2020 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Danielle204 (Post 3009869)
Does anyone know when Ameriflight will be hiring first officers again? I sent my resume to a recruiter and got a reply within minutes that there were currently no first officer positions available. I figured as much with the current situation, but I had read they were stilling hiring on a couple different sites. Thought I’d give it a try.

Still hiring about 2-4 First Officers each month. (3 are slated for the April training class right now.) With that being said, we aren't able to open the position online as often due to the amount of applicants we already have and are working through. If you got an app in, awesome! Feel free to go in and update it as often as you'd like as you gain additional hours. That'll keep you on the radar.

Danielle204 03-25-2020 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 3011528)
Still hiring about 2-4 First Officers each month. (3 are slated for the April training class right now.) With that being said, we aren't able to open the position online as often due to the amount of applicants we already have and are working through. If you got an app in, awesome! Feel free to go in and update it as often as you'd like as you gain additional hours. That'll keep you on the radar.

I emailed my resume to Sarah Hankla, she replied with...”Unfortunately we do not have any FO openings at this time. Please keep in touch.”

I wasn’t quite sure if that meant my resume was in for any future considerations. Should I email her updated resumes as I get more hours, or wait until the FO application is available on the site.

Thanks for the reply

frmrbuffdrvr 03-26-2020 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Danielle204 (Post 3011759)
I emailed my resume to Sarah Hankla, she replied with...”Unfortunately we do not have any FO openings at this time. Please keep in touch.”

I wasn’t quite sure if that meant my resume was in for any future considerations. Should I email her updated resumes as I get more hours, or wait until the FO application is available on the site.

Thanks for the reply

Keep updating. Keep your name in front of them.

SoFloFlyer 03-26-2020 02:36 PM

What’s the best way to apply? Email? Airline Apps?