Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

DrSmacFum 05-20-2020 06:36 AM

Thanks for answering questions for so long FreightDogs

RJDio 05-20-2020 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 3060233)
Yes, we had a really large April class, just started our May class (on the 11th), and will have a June class, as well.
We are running out of open positions, so we'll likely have small July and August new hire classes or maybe cancel one if that makes sense.

Thanks. How senior is BUR?

ZippyNH 05-20-2020 11:04 AM

Seniority is a bit different at AMF.....

Originally Posted by RJDio (Post 3060474)
Thanks. How senior is BUR?

Really comes down to where people live... seniority has it purpose at AMF, but people are generally hired for a specific run/base. Seniority then plays a part IF the pilot wishes to move....you bid an open spot, then it goes public IF left open.
Most AMF positions are not really commutable (unless you have a a second place to live and don't mind only getting "home" for 24 hrs a week)....so most every AMF base seniority is more about do people like where they live...two of the Burbank runs have the most senior people in the company, but untill recently two were usually open, being covered by TDY or HBC filling in.
Cargo jobs are more of a lifestyle. Some people like it and stay for decades, some hate it.
Keep an eye on the job openings, AMF hires people for specific bases, and for many it's a dream come true. Have known many people over the years that live at the outstation (outstation based) that are home from maybe 10 am till 6 pm, and weekends from Saturday morning till Monday night. They get 6-8 hours sleep at night, and most take a short nap at home during the day. . Outstation runs are getting less common, since hiring a pilot to live in a smallish town can be hard.
Hub based runs are the opposite, but only home at night for a few hours.....
Guess some people will take any job...then watch for the run they want to open (some limits thought, usually a 6 month lock on a new base if I remember right).

rbtower2 06-29-2020 04:30 PM

Is Ameriflight still hiring? How junior is San Juan?

flyingfalcon 06-30-2020 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by FreightDogs (Post 3060233)
Yes, we had a really large April class, just started our May class (on the 11th), and will have a June class, as well.
We are running out of open positions, so we'll likely have small July and August new hire classes or maybe cancel one if that makes sense.

Any FO openings? Just over 630TT, 573 PIC, 311 XC, 78 IFR, 47 night, 12 ME. About a year of experience as a professional pilot. Thanks.

frmrbuffdrvr 07-01-2020 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by flyingfalcon (Post 3083524)
Any FO openings? Just over 630TT, 573 PIC, 311 XC, 78 IFR, 47 night, 12 ME. About a year of experience as a professional pilot. Thanks.

At your total time, you would be looking at an E120 FO spot. I don't think we have any current openings (unless you live or are willing to move to Southern California.) But as our current FOs gain time and move up to the BE99 captain spots we should open up. The only thing I see is I think we require a bit more ME time for that slot. FreightDogs can answer better on that than me. So if you can get a little more multi time while we open up the slots, you would be in a better position.

flyingfalcon 07-01-2020 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 3084009)
At your total time, you would be looking at an E120 FO spot. I don't think we have any current openings (unless you live or are willing to move to Southern California.) But as our current FOs gain time and move up to the BE99 captain spots we should open up. The only thing I see is I think we require a bit more ME time for that slot. FreightDogs can answer better on that than me. So if you can get a little more multi time while we open up the slots, you would be in a better position.

I sent my resume to Sarah yesterday to get my name out there. She got back to me saying there are no spots at this time but to keep in touch. If something would be open in So Cal soon I would be open to that, if there would be a possibility to transfer to Phoenix, Dallas, or Portland within 6-8 months. I could definitely get my multi time up to what is required.

frmrbuffdrvr 07-01-2020 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by flyingfalcon (Post 3084094)
I sent my resume to Sarah yesterday to get my name out there. She got back to me saying there are no spots at this time but to keep in touch. If something would be open in So Cal soon I would be open to that, if there would be a possibility to transfer to Phoenix, Dallas, or Portland within 6-8 months. I could definitely get my multi time up to what is required.

Dallas doesn't have any E120s, so your best chance to get there would be once you have your 1200 TT needed to be a part 135 captain and bid there in a BE99. But depending on your time, that might be possible. 10 -12 months might be a better estimate, though.

flyingfalcon 07-02-2020 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 3084425)
Dallas doesn't have any E120s, so your best chance to get there would be once you have your 1200 TT needed to be a part 135 captain and bid there in a BE99. But depending on your time, that might be possible. 10 -12 months might be a better estimate, though.

Gotcha, thanks for the info. Hope I can join amerflight soon!

ECMO4 07-02-2020 11:10 AM

ABQ?

Is there any update/change on ABQ operations?

Still see a 99 coming/going every now and again but definitely not as busy these days. What is the possibility of either direct entry or FO to upgrade into the ABQ base?