Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Continuingappch 08-22-2020 12:50 AM

That's not my experience at all over three years, though I hired directly into the 1900 and never flew the 99. Doing so right now for SAT seems unlikely though.

Yep, the airplanes are old and complicated but honest effort is made. I jumpseated on all the major carriers for about 20 years and there were plenty of orange stickers on the panels.

Call the main office and speak to recruting.

chase 08-22-2020 05:16 AM

Check your PM

Sent you a private message..check APF inbox

neverposts 08-22-2020 06:20 AM

"I would be in it for the long haul"

LOL. Im used to dating super models but I'm going to start dating a 300 pound whale because she has a great personality I'm in in it for the long haul! Someone saying they don't want to get on with the big 3 is like saying they choose to have cancer. Stop fooling yourself. Have a friend that went to a respectable corporate outfit and tried to go back to ameriflight and got the TBNT email. Sounds like these minimum wage jobs that say we want someone with 2 years experience. I'm a 300 pound fat chick and i have 2 kids from 3 different dads and I'm independent don't need no man fish bicycle and here are my requirements he better. page 1.......this that this that this that. page 2. GMAFB.

USMCFLYR 08-22-2020 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by neverposts (Post 3113922)

LOL. Im used to dating super models but I'm going to start dating a 300 pound whale because she has a great personality I'm in in it for the long haul! Someone saying they don't want to get on with the big 3 is like saying they choose to have cancer. Stop fooling yourself. Have a friend that went to a respectable corporate outfit and tried to go back to ameriflight and got the TBNT email. Sounds like these minimum wage jobs that say we want someone with 2 years experience. I'm a 300 pound fat chick and i have 2 kids from 3 different dads and I'm independent don't need no man fish bicycle and here are my requirements he better. page 1.......this that this that this that. page 2. GMAFB.

So...you actually think every pilot wants to get on with the “big three”
Which ones are the “big three” now btw?

BravoPapa 08-22-2020 10:40 AM

Stop fooling yourself.

He's not fooling himself. He's trying to fool us. Back to the regionals as soon as it opens back up. And Ameriflight and others know this. That's why they don't hire them.

BravoPapa 08-22-2020 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR (Post 3113951)
So...you actually think every pilot wants to get on with the “big three”

No, not every pilot. But certainly one that was flying at the regionals and is now wanting "I would be in it for the long haul" just because they are losing their regional job.

chase 08-22-2020 11:21 AM

I use to be under this false illusion also..the "big three" applies to everyone...after being at XO for a ur I have spoken to several folks with scenarios/lifestyle choices that make perfect sense on why they wiah to stay at XO and not go to a big 3 or SWA.

My $.02

neverposts 08-22-2020 12:59 PM

The exception doesn't negate the rule and the rule states that most people want the big 3.

USMCFLYR 08-22-2020 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by neverposts (Post 3114115)
The exception doesn't negate the rule and the rule states that most people want the big 3.

You may THINK that is the rule because you have probably surrounded yourself with airline wanna-bes, but aviation is a big world and there are plenty who have other ideas of flying than your “big three”. Where this particular pilot would head right back to their regional when (and if) the recall comes, well....that is a choice the company will have to make based on what they think this pilot could provide the company based on either a short term plan or longer.

Swakid8 08-22-2020 06:08 PM

Maybe the guy would just appreciate the stability cargo will provide and if he lives in in base where Ameriflight flies, that can become a easy reason stick around for a good minute.