Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Air Guitar 04-12-2021 08:51 AM

How about these scenarios;

Which individual would have better chances to end up at FedEx and which has better chances for Delta? Ameriflight or Regional?

Which individual would have better chances at Kalitta and which has better chances at Southwest? Aneriflight or Regional?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jetstreamdriver 04-12-2021 02:18 PM

Not an Ameriflight guy, but have flown part 135 turboprops and currently 121 regional dude. The folks I have seen move on the quickest to legacy are 121 check airman. Not saying its not possible feom the other routes, just depends on who you know more and timing in my opinion. For stuff like ACMI I know folks that had left seat Part 135 turboprop time and no trouble going to Atlas etc

meitnerium 04-12-2021 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by SoFloFlyer (Post 3220508)
In today’s world, would y’all go to a regional if you had a BE99 position offered to you or would you take the TPIC time at Ameriflight instead of 121 time (not knowing exactly when you’d be in a class though)?

I wouldn’t sit around to wait for a potential job at a regional that could crater in a year. Take a good job that is offered. It’s 12 months. Sure you’d be hauling bees out of Visalia at 3am but it beats playing a 5th Skyrim playthrough in your mom’s basement.

SFFH 04-13-2021 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by SoFloFlyer (Post 3220508)
In today’s world, would y’all go to a regional if you had a BE99 position offered to you or would you take the TPIC time at Ameriflight instead of 121 time (not knowing exactly when you’d be in a class though)?

Did you get offered a BE99 position at AMF?

SoFloFlyer 04-13-2021 06:07 AM

For context, there’s movement starting to happen in the industry. With my quals almost meeting CA mins, I wanted to set myself up for success. I do have a CJO with a regional. Though they asked who’s still interested and said training department is spoiling, they don’t know when they would take in new hires. Trying to decide what would be beneficial is all.

SFFH 04-13-2021 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by SoFloFlyer (Post 3221011)
For context, there’s movement starting to happen in the industry. With my quals almost meeting CA mins, I wanted to set myself up for success. I do have a CJO with a regional. Though they asked who’s still interested and said training department is spoiling, they don’t know when they would take in new hires. Trying to decide what would be beneficial is all.

We are in the same boat. I have my ATP mins and will most likely go with AMF. Send me a DM as I’m in SoFlo too

chedrick 04-13-2021 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 3220551)
Short answer; Yes.

Any idea on time frame and what they will be flying? I’m local and considering a career change from a desk job. Thanks

SoFloFlyer 04-13-2021 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by SFFH (Post 3221147)
We are in the same boat. I have my ATP mins and will most likely go with AMF. Send me a DM as I’m in SoFlo too

PM sent!

Filler

Wildflyin 04-14-2021 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by meitnerium (Post 3220859)
I wouldn’t sit around to wait for a potential job at a regional that could crater in a year. Take a good job that is offered. It’s 12 months. Sure you’d be hauling bees out of Visalia at 3am but it beats playing a 5th Skyrim playthrough in your mom’s basement.

Now, now...you have never seen my mom's basement.

Air Guitar 04-14-2021 04:53 AM

Does she have juice boxes and lunchables?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk