Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

QRH Bingo 10-14-2021 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Gapilot (Post 3308768)
. . . anything happening with the First officer position. . .

I am keeping an eye out on the website to see any opening for the FO opportunity. . . .

You won’t see any job postings on their site for FO’s as they typically have an excess supply of them. You will need to reach out to recruiting directly, attend a job fair or other public event they may be at, or get an internal recommendation from a current employee. You will need to be much more proactive if you are looking for an FO spot than just checking the job listings every day. Good Luck.

frmrbuffdrvr 10-15-2021 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Gapilot (Post 3308768)
I am curious if anyone here that is still currently working for Ameriflight, know if there anything happening with the First officer position. I understand they are working to bring people up thru their pilot program pathway to UPS and United. I been seeing more spots open for the Captain position on the employment website.

I am keeping an eye out on the website to see any opening for the FO opportunity. Will Ameriflight might possibly expand their FO to more aircraft to keep up with their Captain requirements for the BE-99 and other aircraft?

Thanks for any info.

I am currently at AMF and have had folks I know reach out about FO slots. From what I was told, per our agreements with UPS and United, they have the first dibs on any open FO spots. IF we still have needs, then we can hire off the street. (We have one E120 FO that is a street hire that finished Indoc today and starts aircraft training on Monday.) But these spots are VERY limited and lots of folks looking for them. So like QRH said, you need to reach out and not wait for an open bid -- you won't see one of those.

If you can get to 135 IFR mins (1200 TT, 500 point to point CC, 100 night, 75 Instrument) I can just about guarantee you can get an interview.

CAv8r11 10-19-2021 04:52 AM

For those who fly out of ONT, what is the schedule like these days? Last I heard was M-F departing around 6AM and returning around 6PM. This still the case?

Thanks in advance.

Gapilot 10-21-2021 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr (Post 3309785)
I am currently at AMF and have had folks I know reach out about FO slots. From what I was told, per our agreements with UPS and United, they have the first dibs on any open FO spots. IF we still have needs, then we can hire off the street. (We have one E120 FO that is a street hire that finished Indoc today and starts aircraft training on Monday.) But these spots are VERY limited and lots of folks looking for them. So like QRH said, you need to reach out and not wait for an open bid -- you won't see one of those.

If you can get to 135 IFR mins (1200 TT, 500 point to point CC, 100 night, 75 Instrument) I can just about guarantee you can get an interview.

Thanks for the info about the FO, it sound like your company got a lot of the UPS and United people in the pipe right now, which will be lot harder to get hired as a street FO. I have looked at the program and what I could understand, it almost you are either working with Ameriflight or you are in a flight school working, toward your hours. I will keep checking the website in hope of getting chance to apply for an open position, as well try to send an updated resume to the recruiter. I will continue to work on getting that IFR captain min. I will keep checking the website and try to network with people that I know that is working at Ameriflight in hope that they could get my name recognized and give me a chance for a call to interview. Also, from what I am reading on your company website it sound like they are looking into the charter side of the business to expand. I wonder if that might open up possible FO spot for that part of the flight operation.

NewbiePilot 12-07-2021 07:04 PM

So how long is it going to take Ameriflight to realize it’s a lot cheaper to bring back the $10,000 peak to peak bonus and keep their current pilots… Rather than offer new hires a $5,000 sign on bonus, in order to replace the pilots they’re losing, and then spend $20,000-$30,000 to train the new hires…

FlightLife 12-08-2021 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by NewbiePilot (Post 3332528)
So how long is it going to take Ameriflight to realize it’s a lot cheaper to bring back the $10,000 peak to peak bonus and keep their current pilots… Rather than offer new hires a $5,000 sign on bonus, in order to replace the pilots they’re losing, and then spend $20,000-$30,000 to train the new hires…

I don’t know. Maybe you should email the CEO and share your business strategies.

QRH Bingo 12-09-2021 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by FlightLife (Post 3333008)
I don’t know. Maybe you should email the CEO and share your business strategies.

As a serious question tho, are they hurting for pilots? Last week I saw 16 vacancies on their site, down to 10 this week. Their business model is that of “we know this is an intro/stepping stone” so pay & QOL isn’t that good for most; it does work for some, however. So it’s kinda built to have a revolving door of pilots.

Continuingappch 12-09-2021 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by QRH Bingo (Post 3333274)
As a serious question tho, are they hurting for pilots? Last week I saw 16 vacancies on their site, down to 10 this week. Their business model is that of “we know this is an intro/stepping stone” so pay & QOL isn’t that good for most; it does work for some, however. So it’s kinda built to have a revolving door of pilots.

I think Newbie is on track but I wouldn't weigh in on specific numbers. Of course AMF doesn't want to be saddled with an inflated payroll when the talent shortage finally ends - you'd think that well-publicized bonuses could be a recruitment and retention tool for the near term. Perhaps peak-to-peak and at even-year anniversaries? I'm sure they're happy to have some attrition but they have got to meet their contracts meanwhile...

Kansaspilot92 12-09-2021 06:10 PM

I’m surprised they can meet the contract requirements right now with all of the maintenance and attrition issues, and every month seems to be worse.

Kansaspilot92 12-10-2021 03:25 PM

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...ons-1031039018

Writing on the wall for anyone considering this company, or already there. And it’s not that they can’t find skilled pilots, it’s that they can’t, or won’t change the toxic areas of the business that cause good pilots and mechanics/dispatchers to leave or look elsewhere.
And Covid just emphasized those things.

If pay and QoL and maintenance was what it should be, AMF would never find itself short of skilled, competent life long employees. I guess robots are easier and cheaper anyway.