Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Continuingappch 10-09-2022 01:51 PM

The only sims out there anymore are D. Yes on the EHSI. During training use the autopilot for anything other than approaches, but not the command bars alone at any time.

FlightLife 10-30-2022 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by blknightflight (Post 3508542)
Anyone here that is or was a BE1900 Capt in the recent past? I am curious about the Intensity level of training as well as the typical flying one would expect in that airframe. Specifically at the PHX 'branch'.

I can’t say exactly what the PHX base schedules are like exactly, but it’s about the same throughout the system; early morning show times (5 or 5:30 am), fly your morning route of one or two legs, stay the day (hotel provided) and then fly your one or two legs back in the evening. Some runs are better than others with later morning show times or “out-n-back” runs, but those will tend to be a bit more senior.

I found that the training was very good and comprehensive. They’ll make sure you can handle an engine failure at V1 and be able to fly it back around for a single engine approach in IMC. The company is adamant on following SOP and safety procedures with a supportive chief pilots office who is there on call 24-7 to help you out. I think Ameriflight was a great company to prepare you for a transition to the 121 world.

Oh, and the 1900 was a joy to fly.

mwk627 10-31-2022 04:45 PM

FO Hiring?

Hey everyone. I'm a CFI over at a university flight school ready to move on and get some air carrier experience. I've been checking the application window nonstop to see if the FO portal has opened again. Its either Ameriflight or JSX because I committed to the United Aviate program and with the amount of time that I have I feel as though Ameriflight is a little more realistic. Anybody have any information on when hiring will pick back up for FOs? I kinda figure that the company has more of a need for captains since the majors are cleaning them out almost everywhere. Thanks for any info passed my way, I greatly appreciate it.

FlightLife 11-01-2022 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by mwk627 (Post 3524041)
Hey everyone. I'm a CFI over at a university flight school ready to move on and get some air carrier experience. I've been checking the application window nonstop to see if the FO portal has opened again. Its either Ameriflight or JSX because I committed to the United Aviate program and with the amount of time that I have I feel as though Ameriflight is a little more realistic. Anybody have any information on when hiring will pick back up for FOs? I kinda figure that the company has more of a need for captains since the majors are cleaning them out almost everywhere. Thanks for any info passed my way, I greatly appreciate it.

Not sure what this year looks like, but I believe they don’t do any new hire classes during peak season (Nov - Feb). If they have the resources, they may open up the application window; otherwise, might wait till Feb.

QRH Bingo 11-02-2022 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by mwk627 (Post 3524041)

Originally Posted by FlightLife (Post 3524487)
Not sure what this year looks like, but I believe they don’t do any new hire classes during peak season (Nov - Feb). If they have the resources, they may open up the application window; otherwise, might wait till Feb.

Additionally, they rarely post FO vacancies on public sites because they are typically always filled by UPS interns or other in-house candidates. If you are competitive, submit an email and résumé to their general recruiting email. Best of luck.

flyboy2022 11-15-2022 02:42 PM

Pilot Schedule at DFW

Nowadays, What is the typical schedule like in DFW

Emb 120, Metro, 1900, and 99's.

I got an offer for metro- is metro a better pick out of three ? Is it single pilot most of the times

TeamSasquatch 11-16-2022 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by flyboy2022

I got an offer for metro- is metro a better pick out of three ? Is it single pilot most of the times

It is definitely the loudest out of the three! You will progress in seniority fairly quick, no matter what airframe. Is your end goal to get out as quick as you can get whatever flight time you’re looking for? I’d pick what flys the most and weighs over 12,500lbs, if you have the option to pick airframes.

ZippyNH 11-16-2022 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by flyboy2022 (Post 3532388)

Depends... 😂 And it depends yet again 😜
ON "typical" scheduled contract work you fly 5-2 or possibly 4-3 on a few runs, usually single pilot, but if working charter the schedule is more of a 3week on, one off, sometimes weekends off, typical with a copilot more often than not.
As for which flies the most... largely route dependant.
Some scheduled runs get a few hours a day, some less as "milk runs" .. charter work is highly cyclical ...busy months you max out of legal hours, slow months you might barely fly. So it's largely a lifestyle choice and where you want to live.

SonicFlyer 11-16-2022 07:50 PM

Didnt they just crash a Metro due to icing?

CFIsoonToBeFO 11-16-2022 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by SonicFlyer (Post 3533185)
Didnt they just crash a Metro due to icing?

Try googling it. You should find your answer