Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

mosquito 08-12-2009 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by undflyboy06 (Post 660531)
Just found out that Ameriflight doesn't reimburse you one cent when you have to move, even to the initial base after you are finished with training. I mean some reimbursement would be great, but when you have to move half way across the country and use a professional moving company to do it it gives you a different perspective.

Sorry if I’m ranting. Just want to give everyone else a heads up in the August and September class if you didn’t already know.

Thanks for the heads up. That is why I just need a place to sleep. I plan to go home on my days off.

Spoilers 08-12-2009 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by undflyboy06 (Post 660531)
Just found out that Ameriflight doesn't reimburse you one cent when you have to move, even to the initial base after you are finished with training. I mean some reimbursement would be great, but when you have to move half way across the country and use a professional moving company to do it it gives you a different perspective.

Sorry if I’m ranting. Just want to give everyone else a heads up in the August and September class if you didn’t already know.

Did your airline reimburse you for moving expenses? I don't think so! If you want to be a professional pilot, you have to be flexible and be willing to move. You knew from the beginning you would be based in either PDX or OAK. There ain't a whole lot of companies that pay for moving expenses. I'm sorry, but I don't have any sympathy for you, it comes with the job.

undflyboy06 08-12-2009 01:25 PM

I know........, I'm not looking for any sympathy. I know it comes with the territory. I guess I just failed to realize how expensive it really is to move, since this is the first major move that my wife and I have to do by ourselves, and not with family.

find a way 08-20-2009 03:26 PM

i just recieved a call from HR and i have a phone interview scheduled for next week. for those of you who went through this recently, what can i expect? just the normal HR questions or are there more specific aeronautical knowledge questions? thanks for the help!

dashtrash300 08-20-2009 04:52 PM

How do you submit your resume on the website? All I can find is to update an existing resume. Does that mean they are not taking new ones at this time?

AtlCSIP 08-20-2009 06:30 PM

I have a phone interview next week, also. Submitted on-line about a month ago and updated two weeks later, which was after I got a "thank you but we are no longer hiring" email.

undflyboy06 08-20-2009 08:50 PM

Find a way;

The phone interview is really straight forward. In fact, it wasn't a hard phone interview at all. All the HR questions were really basic. What they do is that they tailor their questions towards your work experience that you have on your resume. Some of the questions were; what you liked and disliked about your current or former employer, would you go back to your former employer if they called you, where you would like to be based in the future. If you flight instructed they might ask you what you liked about flight instructing. It only takes about 5-8 minutes. Afterwards it will take about 1 week to find out if you are invited to the interview.

Good Luck!

ImperialxRat 08-21-2009 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by undflyboy06 (Post 665774)
Find a way;

The phone interview is really straight forward. In fact, it wasn't a hard phone interview at all. All the HR questions were really basic. What they do is that they tailor their questions towards your work experience that you have on your resume. Some of the questions were; what you liked and disliked about your current or former employer, would you go back to your former employer if they called you, where you would like to be based in the future. If you flight instructed they might ask you what you liked about flight instructing. It only takes about 5-8 minutes. Afterwards it will take about 1 week to find out if you are invited to the interview.

Good Luck!

Mine was more or less the same. It's tough to remember, but I do recall the "What do you like about your current job?", "Where were you on the seniority list?", "Would you accept a recall to XYZ Airlines if offered one?", "Which base would you prefer?", etc etc.

No studying really required. The phone interview caught me completely off guard since I was camping when they called me, but it was basic HR questions. I don't remember there being anything technical.

Congrats to all you guys/girls. It's great to hear that they're still interviewing.

minimwage4 08-21-2009 01:04 PM

Why are amflight mins a couple of hours below pt135? Do they prefer lower time guys, is there a pretty good turnover rate?

mosquito 08-21-2009 01:23 PM

Nice to know that they are still hiring, i wonder if more based opened up. I would love to go to DFW or SJU. Can't wait to start next month.