Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

freightdog 08-22-2009 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by minimwage4 (Post 666139)
Why are amflight mins a couple of hours below pt135? Do they prefer lower time guys, is there a pretty good turnover rate?

The reason for the the time just below the 135 mins was, in theory, that by the time you finished your flight training, 15-20 hours, that you would be at or above the mins. They wanted to open to the doors to more potential qualified people by advertising below the 135 mins. Turnover rate is slow right now because we are still staying busy and actually getting new flying from a couple different customers.

minimwage4 08-22-2009 09:28 PM

How long does it take to hold BUR or bases other than OAK or PDX? Are you forced to fly the turbine or can you get out after the 6 or 12 month contract?

freightdog 08-24-2009 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by minimwage4 (Post 666912)
How long does it take to hold BUR or bases other than OAK or PDX? Are you forced to fly the turbine or can you get out after the 6 or 12 month contract?

What do you mean "are you forced to fly the turbine"? you make it sound like flying turbine airplanes is a bad thing.

As for other bases, it all depends on whether people leave the other bases. And that's not happening right now

own nav 08-24-2009 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by minimwage4 (Post 666912)

If you're looking to get in and out, yes, you can fly the chieftain for 12 months and leave with your contract fulfilled. No one is going to twist your arm to get you to sign up for another 6 months with a BE99 upgrade.

AtlCSIP 08-25-2009 08:41 PM

Time for the sim ride

Phone interview today. Basically, they asked the questions on the on-line application plus some personal stuff. Wanted to know a little about me and how I got in to flying. Where would I like to be based. How much money I expected to make. Then they wanted to know which base I would like to go to for the formal interview. I told them Dallas, and they told me to expect a call from the Assistant Chief Pilot in Dallas for a formal interview and sim ride within the next week or 2. They also said they were interviewing for a pool for an undetermined class date. Could be November, could be later.

slipped 08-26-2009 01:15 AM

Anybody think they will hire training captains again, ever?
(crosses fingers)

jester 08-26-2009 07:13 AM

Interview

After having the interview, how long is it till you hear something?? Do they call or mail something?

mosquito 08-26-2009 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by jester (Post 668367)
After having the interview, how long is it till you hear something?? Do they call or mail something?

I interview on a wednessday and heard the good news (by phone) on monday.

jester 08-26-2009 07:36 AM

Pm

Mosquito, I sent you a PM

captfred 08-26-2009 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by freightdog (Post 667561)
What do you mean "are you forced to fly the turbine"? you make it sound like flying turbine airplanes is a bad thing.

As for other bases, it all depends on whether people leave the other bases. And that's not happening right now

Brett check your PM's