Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

undflyboy06 01-11-2010 09:34 PM

You do bring up a good point. It was the best thing I could think up at the moment when I was typing my post.

But I'm sure there are plenty of guys on the streets that were let go by their previous employers that had pretty good jobs. I was just trying to make a point that there are guys out there that would decide to leave their current job; which could possibly be less pay and sometimes worse quality of life, and go back to their previous job that let them go. If their previous job had better pay, better quality of life, or they just simply enjoyed it more, then they have the right to leave instead of staying because of a training contract. It would be silly to stay.

wmuflyboy 01-12-2010 06:33 AM

has anybody been called recently for an interview?

Luv2Rotate 01-12-2010 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by wmuflyboy (Post 742530)
has anybody been called recently for an interview?

Yes. had phone interview and meeting with the CP this week.

wmuflyboy 01-12-2010 01:35 PM

crap. you have loads of time tho. i have just above 135 mins. good luck man.

Scooter2525 01-12-2010 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by wmuflyboy (Post 742843)
crap. you have loads of time tho. i have just above 135 mins. good luck man.

Don't let that discourage you. Many of people have been hired with just the 135 mins. Persistence is key.

IC ALL 01-12-2010 05:49 PM

EagleJet and Keylime PFT programs?

I don't want to start another thread as there are a few Amflight guys active in this thread, but I'd like to hear Amflight pilot opinions on the below quote from another thread.

"The FAA has determined that the SIC pilots that participate in Key Lime's FO program cannot log the flight time. The First Officer program offered by Key Lime Air is not valid for the logging flight time. Key Lime Air has claimed the time is loggable. Key Lime Air has claimed the First Officer Program includes legally loggable SIC time."

Any Amflight guys hear anything new on logging PFT time? How would KeyLime's program vary from EagleJet?

I believe the Amflight ops specs allow for an F/O as long as the person has gone through company 135 training. This time has traditionally been legal to log with the FAA's blessing.

hi208 01-12-2010 06:56 PM

Short answer is yes they can log the time because we have an Opspec that says that during certain types of operations we need a FO!

Luv2Rotate 01-12-2010 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by hi208 (Post 743063)
Short answer is yes they can log the time because we have an Opspec that says that during certain types of operations we need a FO!

Hey 208,

What situations would that be? Being 135 cargo you don't need an autopilot or an SIC in leu of an inoperable AP.

WMU: Keep your chin up buddy. Keep applying!!! Pilots will leave AMF at least those that are being recalled. There will be more hiring! It took me 6 months to hear anything back from them!!!

wmuflyboy 01-12-2010 08:29 PM

appreciate that

undflyboy06 01-12-2010 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Luv2Rotate (Post 743082)
Hey 208,

What situations would that be? Being 135 cargo you don't need an autopilot or an SIC in leu of an inoperable AP.

WMU: Keep your chin up buddy. Keep applying!!! Pilots will leave AMF at least those that are being recalled. There will be more hiring! It took me 6 months to hear anything back from them!!!

I've always been scratching my head about the FO program when I heard about it in training. I do believe that the company and the FAA has an agreement that does allow First Officers to log the time when they have operational control.