Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Fly Boy Knight 04-11-2010 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by flight511 (Post 789852)
Any Ameriflight guys here out of PDX? I would like to fly for Ameriflight and want the PDX persective! It sounds like a great company. I used to fly freight out of the Northwest and if we were /A it was a good day. I am close to PDX and would like to know more.
thanks

The majority of new pilots usually get sent to either OAK or PDX (Most chieftains and newbies) so if you are interested in PDX, you have a decent chance of ending up here.

Seniority-wise, PDX seems to be a pretty top heavy base meaning that the senior guys who are here, are here to stay. That being said, I came to PDX in Sept 2009 and in that short time, I am now about 1/3 of the way up the PDX base seniority list. This is from the guys immediately above me taking upgrades out of PDX and leaving for Airline Recalls however, most of the guys who are above me right now are not going anywhere anytime soon.

If you intend on moving up to the BE99 and so in PDX, there are several guys who have been at PDX for 3 + years who still have not been upgraded so the way to upgrade is to get outa PDX.

Scooter2525 04-11-2010 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by freightdog (Post 793900)

It's good to be back, Maui was awesome. Even took a C172 around the patch while there.

Nice! When I go to Hawaii in the future, Ide like to do that. Did you have to do a checkout? hourly?

freightdog 04-12-2010 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Scooter2525 (Post 793950)
Nice! When I go to Hawaii in the future, Ide like to do that. Did you have to do a checkout? hourly?

Just took a CFI along (also a good tour guide). Flew over to Molokai along the northShore, landed at both airports there then flew back along the West and North shores of Maui.

BTW, decided on a Glock, picking it up on Friday.

Scooter2525 04-12-2010 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by freightdog (Post 794318)

BTW, decided on a Glock, picking it up on Friday.

Nice dude. We will have to do some range time sometime. /Enough thread hijack.

friendlyskies 04-13-2010 07:28 PM

Anybody going straight to the Brasilia? I applied at AMF last year and was offered an interview for Aguadilla (?) PR Brasila FO, but didn't take it (oops). 1800TT, 860 King Air SIC (not seat warmer) part 135 time, 950 PIC, 950 XC, meet 121 ATP mins. How are my chances this time around?

Luv2Rotate 04-14-2010 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by friendlyskies (Post 795580)
Anybody going straight to the Brasilia? I applied at AMF last year and was offered an interview for Aguadilla (?) PR Brasila FO, but didn't take it (oops). 1800TT, 860 King Air SIC (not seat warmer) part 135 time, 950 PIC, 950 XC, meet 121 ATP mins. How are my chances this time around?

NONE. You'll get the CHIEFTAN:cool:... Hindsight is a bi*ch

friendlyskies 04-14-2010 11:47 AM

Does everyone pretty much find their own living arrangements, or does the company maintain some sort of house/apartment for pilots (sort of like cape air afaik). Money doesn't go too far in OAK and the other junior bases...

Luv2Rotate 04-14-2010 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by friendlyskies (Post 795994)
Does everyone pretty much find their own living arrangements, or does the company maintain some sort of house/apartment for pilots (sort of like cape air afaik). Money doesn't go too far in OAK and the other junior bases...

You're on your own. Although sometimes pilots are looking for roomies.

TheFly 04-14-2010 06:16 PM

When at the outstations, does AMF provide lodging and/or transportation?

PHX outstation life....how is it?

tbmpilot 04-15-2010 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by TheFly (Post 796176)
When at the outstations, does AMF provide lodging and/or transportation?

If you're outstation based you generally spend the day at home and spend the night in a crew apartment/hotel. There is some form of transportation provided to the apartment/hotel; it could be a company car or a hotel shuttle.

Originally Posted by TheFly (Post 796176)
PHX outstation life....how is it?

Good if you live in the outstation; not so good if you live in Phoenix and then drive back and forth to the outstation, in which case, you also have no place to stay during the day.