Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

propjunkie 04-15-2010 11:58 AM

I've been out of the loop. We still hiring about 12/month?

undflyboy06 04-15-2010 01:02 PM

How's lovely Grand Island, Nebraska? Seen any hot cornhusker girls yet :)?

cflight 04-16-2010 07:22 AM

Thought i would try to search some of my questions but it seemed not to work. Finally received a response to interview. Of the two bases being hired into. Does OAK upgrade faster. I believe I have read this somewhere. But the housing i'm guessing is higher. This leads me to my second question where are most of the pilots living in OAK. Of the two if i wanted to stay somewhere for awhile which would be the best location if given the choice.

mwf008 04-16-2010 08:11 AM

When I was based in OAK I lived in Alameda and loved it. If you get some roommates and look thoroughly, you can find an apartment in the $600 range (per person). There are cheaper places to live in the area, but Alameda has a great small town feel with lots of bars and restaurants within walking distance, and is about a 10 minute drive to work. To answer your other question, unless a lot of pilots leave over a short span of time, don't count on upgrading in OAK for at least a year.

cflight 04-16-2010 12:52 PM

thanks for the info. i really want to settle in for awhile somewhere and get some quality experience. So the wait to upgrade would be ok for me. But we all want to upgrade so i was wondering which one is faster. do you still work for amf

murphfly 04-16-2010 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by cflight (Post 797123)
thanks for the info. i really want to settle in for awhile somewhere and get some quality experience. So the wait to upgrade would be ok for me. But we all want to upgrade so i was wondering which one is faster. do you still work for amf

That changes from month to month I'm sure. Just take what you're given and make do bc you don't necessarily get to choose, just give your preference.

cflight 04-16-2010 02:35 PM

appreciate the info

ZBowFlyz 04-21-2010 09:43 PM

That sucks guys, I feel for ya

cflight 04-28-2010 07:49 AM

Finally got the call but it looks like pool time. Whats the gouge on the interview i think i have a good one, but i do not want to miss a thing. does anybody know what type of sim they have i understand its a custom navajo but what does it resemble. a frasca or what. i need to get some sim time. interviewing at burbank in a few weeks. any help would be great.

Luv2Rotate 04-28-2010 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by cflight (Post 802883)
Finally got the call but it looks like pool time. Whats the gouge on the interview i think i have a good one, but i do not want to miss a thing. does anybody know what type of sim they have i understand its a custom navajo but what does it resemble. a frasca or what. i need to get some sim time. interviewing at burbank in a few weeks. any help would be great.

Its a Frasca Sim. Study VFR/IFR charts, approach plates and scenario questions regarding approaches, weather and alternates. Know the systems of the aircraft you have recent or most time in and be yourself. "Say your prayers and take your vitamins" and you should be ok. GL