Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Ameriflight (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/17324-ameriflight.html)

Luv2Rotate 07-17-2010 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by f16jetmech (Post 842355)
Out of curiosity. I know that 135 is mostly weekends major holidays off. What does the schedule consist of during the week? In other words, how many nights a week are you in a hotel?

You're home just about every night. You fly a few legs in the morning. Get to an out station sit and relax for a while or you're put up in a hotel. Late afternoon you go back fly a few more legs then done for the day. Block anywhere from 4-6hrs flight time.

find a way 07-17-2010 09:38 AM

That is pretty accurate. I believe that the only time you stay in hotels overnight is when/if you can't leave due to weather or mx reasons. The days are long, but the good thing is that you are home every night and off weekends.

Just out of curiosity, for all the people that weren't all the way through training when the furlough happened, are they putting you back at your original base assignment? Im curious to see where they are expecting more openings at, PDX or OAK.

Oldog 07-17-2010 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by f16jetmech (Post 842355)
Out of curiosity. I know that 135 is mostly weekends major holidays off. What does the schedule consist of during the week? In other words, how many nights a week are you in a hotel?

Depends upon the trip, but in most cases you're home every night -- or if outstation based, home during the day and on the weekend at the outstation. Package express trips typically depart a hub or domicile base in the early morning, sit at an outstation all day, and return to the hub late evening. Except for relatively short layovers, a hotel or apartment is provided for the layover. Legal rest may occur at the hub or the outstation. Some trips operate Mon PM to Sat AM. There are also other variations depending upon customer needs. Most trips don't involve multiple nights away from the domicile.

Oldog 07-17-2010 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by undflyboy06 (Post 836177)
We finally had a BE99 bid open up in upstate NY for an outstation. It's been the first bid since March, and let me tell you that people were starting to get restless. We've had 2 pilots leave within the past week in PDX. So as of right now, PDX is short one pilot before the recalled pilot arrives. Besides that I'm not sure what's going on at the other bases. We just have a lot of senior frustrated pilots that can't upgrade to turbine because there's no new business.

I admit that this is a pretty chicken$#!+ detail, but technically UPGRADE means to move up in cockpit assignment -- SO to FO, FO to Captain. TRANSITION means to move from one aircraft type to another.

Whatta relief to get that outta my system!

undflyboy06 07-17-2010 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Oldog (Post 842568)
I admit that this is a pretty chicken$#!+ detail, but technically UPGRADE means to move up in cockpit assignment -- SO to FO, FO to Captain. TRANSITION means to move from one aircraft type to another.

My mistake. I was gitty with excitment.

find a way 07-21-2010 08:29 AM

So, has anyone gotten there fingerprints back yet and started working again?

undflyboy06 07-21-2010 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Oldog (Post 842568)

Good Boy!! You want a cookie for your accomplishment?

myoface 07-21-2010 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by undflyboy06 (Post 842577)
My mistake. I was gitty with excitment.

gitty (plural gitties)
  1. A narrow, pedestrian, passageway in a residential area, between high brick walls, wooden fences, hedges, etc.

undflyboy06 07-22-2010 09:43 AM

My mistake Face. I meant giddy.

Oldog 07-24-2010 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by undflyboy06 (Post 844113)
Good Boy!! You want a cookie for your accomplishment?

Naw. . . .