Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 02-28-2014, 05:13 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Left

Originally Posted by tscuff View Post
Interestingly enough, a day after I ask about BFI/PDX, I get word from an acquaintance of mine that he's headed to Burbank for training, and may well get PDX. Would love to be based there...I'm eons away from the mins though :P

PDX is or has been one of the junior training bases so getting it isn't really a problem. Upgrading on the other hand will take quite some time as it is also one of the most senior bases.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:47 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: Left Seat

Originally Posted by Rexflyt View Post
PDX is or has been one of the junior training bases so getting it isn't really a problem. Upgrading on the other hand will take quite some time as it is also one of the most senior bases.
True. It's tough to get any turbine equipment your first year there. Plenty of PA31 spots though.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:54 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2012
Position: Left Seat

Originally Posted by KSCessnaDriver View Post
For the PA31 you could get it straight out of training. The 99 probably as well
You can get the PA31 right out of training but it's next to impossible to get a 99 spot there right out of training. However there is always a chance. PDX and SLC are your most senior bases in the system. BUF, DFW, and OMH are currently the most junior. AMF is very fluid though right now. There is a very high turn over rate right now.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:20 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by Phxdvt17 View Post
You can get the PA31 right out of training but it's next to impossible to get a 99 spot there right out of training. However there is always a chance. PDX and SLC are your most senior bases in the system. BUF, DFW, and OMH are currently the most junior. AMF is very fluid though right now. There is a very high turn over rate right now.
Not completely true. Talked to a few ameriflighters the other day out of dfw. Girl i talked to got the 99 but she had a thousand hours at martinare in the caravan.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by ClarenceOver View Post
Not completely true. Talked to a few ameriflighters the other day out of dfw. Girl i talked to got the 99 but she had a thousand hours at martinare in the caravan.
Oh, it isn't difficult to get a 99 out of training. Just not in PDX.

BUF, OMA, DFW. Those are the bases you can expect to get direct to a 99. To get direct to PDX or PHX you can expect a PA31. You may be able to move up to a turbine in PHX. PDX? Not likely. BFI? Next to impossible. (Although right now they have an internal bid out for a 99 pilot there. But it's the first person moving in there in a while.)
Old 03-01-2014, 11:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: the right side

Originally Posted by Phxdvt17 View Post
A new hire 99 in PHX, sure its possible. Heck, they new hired people there more than they upgraded there in the last 6 months. But yes, Ameriflight is very very fluid right now
Old 03-01-2014, 01:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2011

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
Sounds like the overall QOL improvement that everyone was hoping for
I must admit, the high level of turnover with the reputation of AMF's QOL concerns me. I wouldn't turn down an offer, but if Skywest would call me first I would take them over AMF in a heartbeat.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:19 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Position: die Pilotin

Anyone currently Seattle based care to drop me a PM. I have a few questions.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2013

Just applied to Ameriflight as they posted an ad for a base that I live in. I filled out the app and hit submit which then redirected me to my flight times page. Filled out the flight times page and hit submit and a page popped up saying page no longer exists, etc, etc, etc. I then got an email from Ameriflight saying thanks for applying and will be in contact. However, I was never able to submit my flight times! I would really like to be considered for this job because the base is my home town. Anyone have contact info for the HR at Ameriflight where I can contact them and explain this?
Old 03-02-2014, 03:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: PIC

Originally Posted by 10SNE1 View Post
Just applied to Ameriflight as they posted an ad for a base that I live in. I filled out the app and hit submit which then redirected me to my flight times page. Filled out the flight times page and hit submit and a page popped up saying page no longer exists, etc, etc, etc. I then got an email from Ameriflight saying thanks for applying and will be in contact. However, I was never able to submit my flight times! I would really like to be considered for this job because the base is my home town. Anyone have contact info for the HR at Ameriflight where I can contact them and explain this?
800-800-4JET ask for pilot recruitment. Keep calling 'till you get a person.