Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 12:44 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: BE300, CA

Originally Posted by Flyingthomas View Post
Anyone have any idea how long the upgrade to a turbine is in PHX? ive talked to pilots who say theyre desperate for pilots in the 99 and 1900, yet recruiters say they dont have any spots open
Buddy of mine started on the PA31 at PHX last June, upgraded to the 99 in March, upgraded to the 1900 last month.
Old 09-13-2015, 02:28 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2015

i know exactly who youre talking about. i talked to him last week, but he didn't know much about what was going on. was hoping anyone else had more up to date info.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by DhruvK View Post
Buddy of mine started on the PA31 at PHX last June, upgraded to the 99 in March, upgraded to the 1900 last month.
What times/quals was he/she hired with?
Old 09-19-2015, 11:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Left seat bizjet

Originally Posted by colonials13 View Post
What times/quals was he/she hired with?

Pt 135 IFR mins will get you a class date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2015, 06:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: Piloto

can't find any info from their website. No FAQ, no minimum, new website is pretty frustrating when it comes to understanding pilot careers
Old 09-19-2015, 06:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
From a management standpoint, to keep feeding Kool-Aid to new hires, it would be counter intuitive to tell them that the majority of people that have left to to a mainline or a major had more relevant prior experience. It has been one of my bigger gripes about AMF. There are lots of promising jobs that are very lucrative, that AMF shadows with false promises with SWA and the top 3, when there are some great charter, fractional and corporate jobs that can be had right out of AMF. Sure you can go to Frontier (no offense to friends that are there) but aside from the A320 type, it might be the worst pax flying scheduled airline when compared to the rest.

Not everyone is looking to make a move to the big 3. Everything is not rainbows and unicorns at those places either.

My worst day at Allegiant was still better than a lot of days at AMF. I'll never trade the experience, flying, or friends I made there for anything.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by cf105 View Post
can't find any info from their website. No FAQ, no minimum, new website is pretty frustrating when it comes to understanding pilot careers
Minimums is easy. FAR Part 135. The only thing that doesn't cover on flight times is the E120 FOs. There we are looking for 800-900 TT with at least 50 ME.
Old 09-20-2015, 03:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by cf105 View Post

Pilot careers? I'll bite.

Wake up at 4, show at 5. Wait an hour or 3 for UPS. Fly an hour or 2. Layover for 5-9 hours. Show at plane, wait for cargo. Load cargo, fly home. Go home and show up in time to kiss the kids and wife goodnight. Eat reheated dinner. Go to bed for 6 hours. Wash and repeat daily. 7th day off sleep half the day as you are exhausted. Do your logbook, curse at how slow the hours are adding up. Look at your Facebook and see your friends who didn't choose aviation spending time with their kids. Notice they aren't broke either. Update resume for the 3rd time this month. Hope your wife doesn't leave you to go live with her mom because you live in the ghetto and are unable to provide a safe secure environment for your family. Check your EBT card and go get ramen noodles and ragu sauce from Winco for lunch this week. Go to bed at 8 on Sun night.

80% of the time it sucks. 15% of the time it's an alright job. 5% is awesome. That being said, it's great experience, you get TPIC, and put AMF on your resume. Whether you will be better off than your buddies at a regional, only time will tell.

Old 09-20-2015, 05:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: the right side

Originally Posted by LRSRanger View Post
Pilot careers? I'll bite.

Wake up at 4, show at 5. Wait an hour or 3 for UPS. Fly an hour or 2. Layover for 5-9 hours. Show at plane, wait for cargo. Load cargo, fly home. Go home and show up in time to kiss the kids and wife goodnight. Eat reheated dinner. Go to bed for 6 hours. Wash and repeat daily. 7th day off sleep half the day as you are exhausted. Do your logbook, curse at how slow the hours are adding up. Look at your Facebook and see your friends who didn't choose aviation spending time with their kids. Notice they aren't broke either. Update resume for the 3rd time this month. Hope your wife doesn't leave you to go live with her mom because you live in the ghetto and are unable to provide a safe secure environment for your family. Check your EBT card and go get ramen noodles and ragu sauce from Winco for lunch this week. Go to bed at 8 on Sun night.

80% of the time it sucks. 15% of the time it's an alright job. 5% is awesome. That being said, it's great experience, you get TPIC, and put AMF on your resume. Whether you will be better off than your buddies at a regional, only time will tell.

That's assuming you are based in station. If you are out-stationed, its completely different (in many ways worse).
Old 09-20-2015, 07:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Default Ameriflight

Originally Posted by KSCessnaDriver View Post
That's assuming you are based in station. If you are out-stationed, its completely different (in many ways worse).

I'm out stationed, but I figured I'd give an in station view since that's most of the runs. Some out stations are pretty cool, but mine I'm the guy that gets tagged with fixing all the UPS missorts. Also, training eats into my time at home. A good bit of the time I'm home with my wife from noon to 4:30. She's pretty much had it, we are going to get a change of venue soon though. It's been a good experience, I'm glad I did it, but I'll be happy when I move on.