Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 12-22-2015, 12:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Left seat bizjet

1 year, though I don't know of a single person from my class who stayed the full term.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-24-2015, 06:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by teamflyer View Post
Is there a training contract? How much and how long?
Originally Posted by LRSRanger View Post
1 year, though I don't know of a single person from my class who stayed the full term.

There is no actual TRAINING contract if you go into a PA31 and the financial contract for the BE99 is 6 months. The one year agreement that we ask new hires to sign is just an agreement to stay with the company for one year. If you renege on that one all that happens is we note you as "Not Eligible for Rehire." And that is all we can tell prospective employers if they call and ask.

If you are hired direct into a typed aircraft or transition to one later, then there is an actual one year training contract.
Old 12-24-2015, 07:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Default Ameriflight

I did 99 upgrade training for two people who took off within 6 months of passing the 99 checkride, and I know 2 of the initial hire 99 guys from Indoc that punched out within 6 months of their seniority date, and nobody is chasing them down for the remaining contract. Come in, get that initial turbine time, and leave when you get a better offer. They were all given king airs and starting pay in the 60's with their 3 or 4 months of 99 experience.

I quit last month with 11 months with the company and my only regret is that I stayed as long as I did. First month after quitting AMF and I've worked 3 days a week on average (some days half days) and I'm close to doubling my AMF take home pay this month. And the month isn't even done yet. Nice planes, excellent pay, and best of all I'm respected and valued by the clients I work for. The folks I flew for yesterday felt bad they showed up 30 minutes late and threw me an extra $100. $500 bucks to fly 2 50 minute VFR legs and catch a movie and lunch at the Olive Garden in between.

If I was still at AMF I would be driving till midnight tonight to get back to my family outstation, and then leaving at 2AM on the 26th to make it back to the plane. You folks can check mark "will not hire" all you want, I miss AMF like I would miss a hemorrhoid. Even my final paycheck was a slap in the face. Apparently they tagged one of the 2 sick days I took in a year as Vacation, so my finial check was light. I called HR, she told me she would "research it" and I haven't heard back for 2 weeks. They can keep it, it's just not worth the BS anymore for one days pay. God I'm glad I'm done with that place.

There's awesome opportunities out there if you have half a personality and network; it truly is a great time to be a pilot.

Last edited by LRSRanger; 12-24-2015 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-25-2015, 08:24 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

I did 99 upgrade training for two people who took off within 6 months of passing the 99 checkride, and I know 2 of the initial hire 99 guys from Indoc that punched out within 6 months of their seniority date, and nobody is chasing them down for the remaining contract. Come in, get that initial turbine time, and leave when you get a better offer. They were all given king airs and starting pay in the 60's with their 3 or 4 months of 99 experience.

I quit last month with 11 months with the company and my only regret is that I stayed as long as I did. First month after quitting AMF and I've worked 3 days a week on average (some days half days) and I'm close to doubling my AMF take home pay this month. And the month isn't even done yet. Nice planes, excellent pay, and best of all I'm respected and valued by the clients I work for. The folks I flew for yesterday felt bad they showed up 30 minutes late and threw me an extra $100. $500 bucks to fly 2 50 minute VFR legs and catch a movie and lunch at the Olive Garden in between.

If I was still at AMF I would be driving till midnight tonight to get back to my family outstation, and then leaving at 2AM on the 26th to make it back to the plane. You folks can check mark "will not hire" all you want, I miss AMF like I would miss a hemorrhoid. Even my final paycheck was a slap in the face. Apparently they tagged one of the 2 sick days I took in a year as Vacation, so my finial check was light. I called HR, she told me she would "research it" and I haven't heard back for 2 weeks. They can keep it, it's just not worth the BS anymore for one days pay. God I'm glad I'm done with that place.

There's awesome opportunities out there if you have half a personality and network; it truly is a great time to be a pilot.

Just so you know there is a pending class action lawsuit against AMF for shorting final paychecks.
Old 12-25-2015, 08:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
Just so you know there is a pending class action lawsuit against AMF for shorting final paychecks.

PM details?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-25-2015, 08:51 AM
Banned

PM details?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I won't speak to whether the lawsuit is valid, or anything like that, but there was a lawsuit brewing for this reason, and a couple others were listed.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off

I'm sure it was entirely frivolous... (Rolls eyes)

Old 12-29-2015, 01:10 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2014

What is the agreement with Allegiant? How long does it last? Do you have to interview or is it a no interview flow? How long does it take to go from ameriflight to Allegiant?
Old 12-29-2015, 01:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat

Originally Posted by rokking566 View Post
What is the agreement with Allegiant? How long does it last? Do you have to interview or is it a no interview flow? How long does it take to go from ameriflight to Allegiant?

I'm fuzzy on the exact details, but I believe you have to be with AMF for so many years, be in a typed aircraft, have some sort of mgmt experience (training captain, check airman, etc). If you meet all the requirements then you're guaranteed an interview with us.
Old 12-30-2015, 11:21 AM
Banned

Just proceed with caution, I had several friends try for months to score an interview under the program, only to be met with crickets. All of them met every prerequisite. Having your stuff submitted to receive that interview seems to be the the problem, or at least it was. Maybe that has changed (all of my friends that tried have left AMF) but I only mention it because I wouldn't count on it 100% at your 3 year mark, to be sitting in an interview with Allegiant.