Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 02-17-2016, 07:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: Cessna 172 CFI

Originally Posted by Rebeldog View Post
On the ameriflight website, it lists a whole bunch of pilot openings all over. Do they just keep those on there to let pilots know where each plane is or are they no joke jobs. Also, does the applicants preference have any bearing on what they give you?
Thanks!!
They are real jobs at other times there are no listings at all. I believe the determination of base is the needs of the company. Best way to find out is call the recruiter number.

When I spoke with the recruiter he said currently they are looking to fill spots in the eastern US
Old 02-17-2016, 07:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Originally Posted by Flyinlynn View Post
Got an email today from Ameriflight recruiter

We appreciate your interest in the E120 FO position.
We are keeping your application in consideration of future opportunities.
We would like you to email us monthly updating your flight times, skills and experience.
Really? How about you finish your instructing, get your ATP and then get hired by one of the better regionals with a legacy flow-through and go fly a CR9/E175 instead of an aging E120? You have plenty of options out there....
Old 02-17-2016, 11:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: Cessna 172 CFI

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
Really? How about you finish your instructing, get your ATP and then get hired by one of the better regionals with a legacy flow-through and go fly a CR9/E175 instead of an aging E120? You have plenty of options out there....
Well that would be great but I am working second shift at my regular job so not giving much instruction. Since last June I have 50 hours given. Not too many students looking for instruction from 9 am to 1 PM window weekdays before I go to work at 2 PM.

I am a late career changer so I don't have many years left where I can fly for an airline. Basically wanting to retire early and fly for a living. I will be 58 next month and I make a good wage at my current employer of 24 years. I want to retire and draw my pension and fly but still need money for the house payment. Retiring and hoping I make enough money instructing is more than a little risky in Washington state with all our rain. That is why I am looking at Ameriflight for the hopefully consistent work and cash flow.

Got any suggestions based on my situation?
Old 02-18-2016, 04:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by Rebeldog View Post
On the ameriflight website, it lists a whole bunch of pilot openings all over. Do they just keep those on there to let pilots know where each plane is or are they no joke jobs. Also, does the applicants preference have any bearing on what they give you?
Thanks!!
I haven't looked specifically but from what I know about our staffing in general they are likely no joke jobs. I believe we are currently staffed on E120 FOs (we have a class that is just finishing training) and we are getting better on PA31 and BE99 staffing. But we are still short on metro and BE1900 pilots. Those obviously require more experience to hire into. But as we can start to back fill the PA31 and BE99 positions, folks will be able to move up into the type rated planes.

Well that would be great but I am working second shift at my regular job so not giving much instruction. Since last June I have 50 hours given. Not too many students looking for instruction from 9 am to 1 PM window weekdays before I go to work at 2 PM.

I am a late career changer so I don't have many years left where I can fly for an airline. Basically wanting to retire early and fly for a living. I will be 58 next month and I make a good wage at my current employer of 24 years. I want to retire and draw my pension and fly but still need money for the house payment. Retiring and hoping I make enough money instructing is more than a little risky in Washington state with all our rain. That is why I am looking at Ameriflight for the hopefully consistent work and cash flow.

I know where you are at. I will be 59 in two months so moving to 121 ops really isn't an option for me either. Keep updating with recruiting. Also send me a PM and we can talk more specific. My office is about 25 feet from the recruiting office.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: the right side

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
Because not everyone wants to fly a beat to heck RJ for a passenger airline. And if he goes to Ameriflight, he will be a heck of a lot better pilot for it.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:09 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

There is no way you will enjoy AMF as a 60 year old line pilot. It is a company built for young pilots making a young pilot wage. Especially as an FO... By all means give it a shot but I don't think you know what you're getting yourself into.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:11 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by KSCessnaDriver View Post
Because not everyone wants to fly a beat to heck RJ for a passenger airline. And if he goes to Ameriflight, he will be a heck of a lot better pilot for it.
Well he will be an FO in the Bro, which is beat to heck worse than a -200. But his age is disqualifying at this point.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:19 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: DiverDriver

Can anyone give me some info on the lines out of PHX? I see them come and go on flight aware but am trying to figure out if they are outstation based or if I could continue to live in the Phx area. Thanks
Old 02-18-2016, 08:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2015
Position: CRJ

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
I know where you are at. I will be 59 in two months so moving to 121 ops really isn't an option for me either. Keep updating with recruiting. Also send me a PM and we can talk more specific. My office is about 25 feet from the recruiting office.
its never too late, in SKW most recent CRJ class there is a 63 year old retired engineer, just wanted to fly for a couple years, have seen many mid 50 somethings changing careers later in life.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:42 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Originally Posted by 93Sierra View Post
Can anyone give me some info on the lines out of PHX? I see them come and go on flight aware but am trying to figure out if they are outstation based or if I could continue to live in the Phx area. Thanks
for which airplane? we're currently overstaffed except for brasilia fo's. we are constantly TDY to other bases bc we have so many pilots. the runs all get less than 2.5 hrs a day with one exception i think.