Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 11-15-2016, 04:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
Here is the actual text of the announcement. It reads to me that if you fulfill the requirements, you will be hired. Not just given an interview.

"In our continued effort to provide our flight crew members multiple career paths
that can be obtained through Ameriflight, we are extremely excited to announce
that we have entered a formal agreement with Omni Air International which will
provide a career path under which Ameriflight pilots can advance to a FAR Part
121 certificated air carrier of the high caliber of Omni Air International. Omni
operates an all Boeing fleet which is consists of 767 & 777 aircraft. They
operate domestic, international, scheduled and charter flights.
All current and incoming Ameriflight pilots are eligible for the program. Omni
plans on running 3-4 classes per year and we are working with them to provide
at least 1 qualified Ameriflight pilot per month. To qualify for the program you
must.
 Have completed at least 18 months of employment at Ameriflight. Have
1250 hours PIC turbine at Ameriflight (1000 hrs in type rated
equipment). (Modifications to the hourly requirement may be granted to
Training Captains and/or Check Airmen with the approval of the Chief
Pilot)
 A letter of recommendation from the VP of Flight or Chief Pilot.
 Be in good standing with Ameriflight in regards to financial obligations
and/or agreements.
 Completed a satisfactory review by Omni of attendance, dependability,
reliability, training records and disciplinary action records.
 Meet all of Omni’s standard new-hire corporate employment provisions.
 Have participated in professional career development and programs as
provided by Omni Air International, including, but not limited to,
advanced Omni preparatory training, observation flights on the Omni
flight deck, and/or mentoring or coaching sessions provided by Omni
Any Ameriflight pilot interested in enrolling in the Omni Air International Career
Path Pilot Program should contact the us at [email protected].
The Chief Pilots Office will maintain a list of enrolled pilots and will provide
names to Omni on a “list seniority” basis along with the company’s ability to
release pilots."

And from what I was told by the DO, we have similar agreements coming soon with two other carriers. I haven't seen a formal announcement yet, so I won't say at this time who they are.
Are you saying that if you jump through more hoops, and take twice the time to be qualified as opposed to just going to a jet 121 regional, and never miss a day of work at AMF, and kiss everyones butt, then Omni might hire you? Maybe. And you might get in one of the 3-4 classes that they hold in a year, in seniority order?

Wow. Good for you guys.

Who in God's name WANTS to work for Omni? Their Captain pay is less, MUCH less than Southwest FO pay. Even JetBlue pays more.

Sounds like a game by management to keep you there longer before you figure our that if you want to work for a major airline, there is a 99% chance that the only way you will get there is to go to a regional.

If you want to work at Omni, or Southern, or Abex as a career goal, then go to AMF. If you want to work at United, American, Delta, UPS, FedEx, Southwest, JetBlue, or any other real airline, go to a regional.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:14 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by AboveAndBeyond View Post
Are you saying that if you jump through more hoops, and take twice the time to be qualified as opposed to just going to a jet 121 regional, and never miss a day of work at AMF, and kiss everyones butt, then Omni might hire you? Maybe. And you might get in one of the 3-4 classes that they hold in a year, in seniority order?

Wow. Good for you guys.

Who in God's name WANTS to work for Omni? Their Captain pay is less, MUCH less than Southwest FO pay. Even JetBlue pays more.

Sounds like a game by management to keep you there longer before you figure our that if you want to work for a major airline, there is a 99% chance that the only way you will get there is to go to a regional.

If you want to work at Omni, or Southern, or Abex as a career goal, then go to AMF. If you want to work at United, American, Delta, UPS, FedEx, Southwest, JetBlue, or any other real airline, go to a regional.
Omni MIGHT hire you. AMF has to push you through so that allows lots of politics, same as the Allegiant deal. This is absolutely not a flow.

I know maybe 10 people at Atlas and I think 2 went there from freight. The rest were from regionals.
Old 11-16-2016, 01:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/ch...eriflight.html
Old 11-16-2016, 04:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: B-737

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
With the way the industry is now. I would say go to a regional. I went to Ameriflight many years ago and it worked out, that was many economic cycles ago. I know ameriflight raised the pay a lot but it's still less than the regionals. You could go fly an RJ for a few years and get hired at Omni if you want. Rumor I heard was that an Omni 777 captain left to go to Allegiant. That speaks volumes saying how poor the pay and QOL is there. It might work for some but not for many...
Old 11-16-2016, 06:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by beech1980 View Post
With the way the industry is now. I would say go to a regional. I went to Ameriflight many years ago and it worked out, that was many economic cycles ago. I know ameriflight raised the pay a lot but it's still less than the regionals. You could go fly an RJ for a few years and get hired at Omni if you want. Rumor I heard was that an Omni 777 captain left to go to Allegiant. That speaks volumes saying how poor the pay and QOL is there. It might work for some but not for many...
Omni's old CP left to go to AMF, that should speak more volumes.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

A birdie told me that Atlas and UPS flow-throughs will be coming soon. They're working out the finer details, but things are going in that direction.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: B-737

Originally Posted by sobo View Post
A birdie told me that Atlas and UPS flow-throughs will be coming soon. They're working out the finer details, but things are going in that direction.
Not to be a Debbie downer... but really?? Atlas and definitely UPS do not need help getting pilots.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:54 PM
Banned

Was that birdie the PR ACP?

Both Atlas and UPS have no trouble getting pilots, and UPS right now is taking the tip of the spear. I would be shocked if AMF had flow with anyone, especially UPS, why would any one go to Omni if there was flow to UPS? This Omni deal will prove to be better than it sounds, just like the Allegiant deal. About the only difference is that you don't have to interview at Omni, but the same politics on the AMF side are still at play.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by beech1980 View Post
Not to be a Debbie downer... but really?? Atlas and definitely UPS do not need help getting pilots.
Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
Was that birdie the PR ACP?

Both Atlas and UPS have no trouble getting pilots, and UPS right now is taking the tip of the spear. I would be shocked if AMF had flow with anyone, especially UPS, why would any one go to Omni if there was flow to UPS? This Omni deal will prove to be better than it sounds, just like the Allegiant deal. About the only difference is that you don't have to interview at Omni, but the same politics on the AMF side are still at play.
American has no problem getting pilots either, yet a flow through exists with Envoy. Yes, I am fully aware it's apple to oranges.

This apparently was one of the big subjects at the last base manager's meeting. I heard this through a base manager at one of our more senior bases.

Why, what, and how are the questions I cannot answer. All I know is it has been rumored that Atlas was the primary flow through we were going to get. Without being prompted, the names Atlas and UPS came out besides Omni in regards to flow through agreements AMF was working on.

Take it for what it's worth, break room talk. I would not be surprised if Atlas was the next one announced though.
Old 11-16-2016, 09:04 PM
Banned

American has no problem getting pilots either, yet a flow through exists with Envoy. Yes, I am fully aware it's apple to oranges.

This apparently was one of the big subjects at the last base manager's meeting. I heard this through a base manager at one of our more senior bases.

Why, what, and how are the questions I cannot answer. All I know is it has been rumored that Atlas was the primary flow through we were going to get. Without being prompted, the names Atlas and UPS came out besides Omni in regards to flow through agreements AMF was working on.

Take it for what it's worth, break room talk. I would not be surprised if Atlas was the next one announced though.
Well before the conversation can continue, do you know who owns Envoy?