Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 09:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
Well before the conversation can continue, do you know who owns Envoy?
Yes, I'm quite aware. Which is why I said, I know it's apples to oranges.

One could argue that AMF's operations are important to UPS's operations, just like Envoy's operations are important to American's operations.

I didn't come here to fight about this. Take the information for what you will. Everything this company has offered so far hasn't really piqued a majority of the pilot pool's interest to stay. Internally, there are bonuses and incentives flying around like crazy trying to reduce the amount of attrition we have.

That being said, they keep trying. Which is why part of me wouldn't be surprised if these rumors had some substance to them.

I did not come here to argue, or push AMF's business on anyone else. I just thought it was worth bringing up for conversation's sake.
Old 11-17-2016, 03:50 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2015

Just wondering about people saying their goal is fedex or ups, that's why they chose to work for AMF. But, my question is, how? I thought both of these companies ask for 121 time and experience plus jet time(preferred). Right?
Old 11-17-2016, 08:42 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by sobo View Post

One could argue that AMF's operations are important to UPS's operations, just like Envoy's operations are important to American's operations.

I didn't come here to fight about this. Take the information for what you will. Everything this company has offered so far hasn't really piqued a majority of the pilot pool's interest to stay. Internally, there are bonuses and incentives flying around like crazy trying to reduce the amount of attrition we have.

That being said, they keep trying. Which is why part of me wouldn't be surprised if these rumors had some substance to them.

I did not come here to argue, or push AMF's business on anyone else. I just thought it was worth bringing up for conversation's sake.
It's great that AMF is trying that's for sure. But they won't ever be caught up with hiring until the economy tanks and airlines furlough again. I'm not sure in the grand scheme of things industry wide, that they can compete.

If they do anything with UPS right now I would be utterly shocked. Average new hire at UPS is around 7,000TT with lots of jet time. Only buddy I know there that didn't have heavy jet time was interviewed because he has a very strong LOR from a higher up.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:45 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by Filipinoflyer View Post
Just wondering about people saying their goal is fedex or ups, that's why they chose to work for AMF. But, my question is, how? I thought both of these companies ask for 121 time and experience plus jet time(preferred). Right?
Nobody is going from AMF to FedEx or UPS. If your goal is FedEx or UPS, go work at Kalitta or Atlas after flying at a regional. There have been a couple that have gone to Atlas from AMF but you're gonna have to put in some serious work to get Atlas to look at you if you don't have some other stellar qualifications on your resume.
Old 11-17-2016, 11:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

I think you're on to something here. These agreements (ie Envoy and Compass) aren't just to provide a pipleline of pilots to the Major carrier, but also to funnel pilots to their feeders and not someone else's.

Haven't heard anything about a UPS agreement, but I'm sure it would be one of the best things they could do if they are really that concerned with their feeder fleets.
Old 11-17-2016, 07:55 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2016
Default AMF no longer hiring

Anyone know what the scoop is with hiring @ AMF. They post for attending job fairs etc., but there are no F/O openings on their website. Anyone within the company have the scoop if they are hiring F/O's, or are they just hiring Capt's?

So frustrating since I was going to apply today.

Any feedback appreciated.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

From Thanksgiving to New Year is called "Peak" and is extremely busy. Training is often limited during this time. You are also correct that Captains are more in demand where we only have 10 planes (brasillias) where the FO is a required crew member. If you are hired as an FO in another plane, the goal is to get you to captains minumums as soon as possible.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015
Default New Pilot Program Agreement with Omni Air

Ameriflight Signs Career Path Pilot Program Agreement with Omni Air International
Old 11-18-2016, 03:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Kind of big news...

Management announced a "Flow through" agreement to Omni Air.

You need 1250 hours TPIC, 1000 in type rated equipment, 18 months with AMF, a letter of recommendation from management, not owe on a training contract, meet omni-air's standard employment provisions (whatever that means), and participate in an Omni-Air career development program such as a ride along.

They aim to place 12 pilots to Omni per year. This is based on seniority.

Also, we are getting a reciprocal jumpseat with Omni.
Gee, 12 per year... Better than nothing I guess. From a Beech/Metro to a 767 - not bad!!!
Old 11-18-2016, 07:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
Gee, 12 per year... Better than nothing I guess. From a Beech/Metro to a 767 - not bad!!!
It is actually a pretty high percentage of those with 1500 hours PIC in a type rated airplane. Makes me inclined to believe it is forward looking as many of our senior pilots would not be inclined to take a job that involves 21 day trips.