Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 04:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016
Position: Right Side
Default Ipad

Anyone here from AMF use an iPad while flying? If so, which iPad and app are you using, and what adapter are you using to secure it.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
Sorry if the truth upsets you princess, let's get back to talking about real stuff, like UPS flow right?
You went on a little rant about "lies" a few weeks ago, now time for you to own up to it. Enough with the name calling as well. The personal attacks don't advance your agenda, just makes you look like a jerk as usual.
Old 11-23-2016, 07:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by VASBYT View Post
Anyone here from AMF use an iPad while flying? If so, which iPad and app are you using, and what adapter are you using to secure it.
They're not approved yet. There is a plan to start using them, but the exemption that allows them is changing, so the plans are on hold. If a pilot is using an Ipad, it is without approval. On the other hand, I haven't seen any kind of enforcement of the issue FWIW.
Old 11-23-2016, 07:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by joepilot View Post
FAR 135.100 requires a second-in-command pilot for operations under IFR. FAR 135.105 provides an exemption for single pilot operation if there is an operable autopilot and the company jumps thru a few hoops.

If the aircraft dispatches with the autopilot inop, then the regulations require the second pilot, and that particular SIC time would be loggable for all purposes, including qualifying for the ATP.

Joe
The autopilots are deferrable for single pilot cargo operations, no SIC required with the exception of Canadian operations. Jetlife has no insider information, only outdated and second hand info. He left a now extinct base years ago. The company was sold and management has virtually flipped. Funny thing is, the guy I thought he was really mad at left earlier this year.
Old 11-24-2016, 08:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Have any AMF pilots here jumpseated with Jetblue?

Twice now I've heard from guys that we can. Officially, we don't have a reciprocal though. So i'm torn if I want to try for it.
Old 11-24-2016, 04:09 PM
Banned

Joined APC: Jan 2013

Originally Posted by own nav View Post
The autopilots are deferrable for single pilot cargo operations, no SIC required with the exception of Canadian operations. Jetlife has no insider information, only outdated and second hand info. He left a now extinct base years ago. The company was sold and management has virtually flipped. Funny thing is, the guy I thought he was really mad at left earlier this year.
You can sell anything you want online, the lack of people coming in the door, and the flood of those leaving should speak volumes. But you're right, I have no insider information lol. All the airplanes are expertly and professionally maintained to the highest caliper humanly possible. They aren't clapped out hunks of bolts. For somebody that works for AMF you really live in a bubble, which isn't a shock as you are 1 of only 6 happily employed management types out of the thousands that have gone through the doors there.
Old 11-24-2016, 07:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

You can sell anything you want online, the lack of people coming in the door, and the flood of those leaving should speak volumes. But you're right, I have no insider information lol. All the airplanes are expertly and professionally maintained to the highest caliper humanly possible. They aren't clapped out hunks of bolts. For somebody that works for AMF you really live in a bubble, which isn't a shock as you are 1 of only 6 happily employed management types out of the thousands that have gone through the doors there.
Not mangement, you are on a roll when it comes to false assumptions. The part where you assumed AMF is on the verge of bankruptcy deserves a reality check.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:57 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: Swivel Chair

If they flew any DHL work yesterday out of CVG, that's not gonna be good.
That's BS. It isn't struck work. Bring a B767 or other large airplane on property and fly a trip that was being flown by ABX Air, that's truck work. Carrying DHL cargo on a Metro isn't.

TM
Old 11-25-2016, 08:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by TransMach View Post
That's BS. It isn't struck work. Bring a B767 or other large airplane on property and fly a trip that was being flown by ABX Air, that's truck work. Carrying DHL cargo on a Metro isn't.

TM
There are unionized carriers out of CVG who threw in their support and didn't fly their routes either (ie Southern), good for them, sounds like a worthy cause to me. Agreed you don't pick up struck work, but the idea that they can mark you as a scab for flying your own contract... someone explain it to me, I'm listening.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

I've never said the planes were perfect. They're old and need constant work. But I can't think of any that I would refer to as "bucket of bolts."

As for the autopilots, every type rated aircraft has one. Some work better than others. I don't know a percentage, but many BE99s have them as well. In fact, we were the company that loaned a BE99 to S-Tech so they could develop the STC to put their autopilots IN a BE99.

BTW, I think you meant caliber, not caliper.