Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 05-18-2017, 08:17 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2017

What is the monthly average for FOs on the Brasilia? I understand it varies by base so any information is appreciated.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by HBTD View Post
What is the monthly average for FOs on the Brasilia? I understand it varies by base so any information is appreciated.
I assume you are asking about flight hours. Based on the runs I am most familiar with I'm gonna say it would range from about 40-80 hours per month.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:43 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2017

I would like some clarification from AMF on the accelerated captain program.

I am currently in my time building phase, skydive pilot. I would be looking to apply within the next few month for a potential start in the early fall. By that time I should be in the neighborhood of 700-800TT.

Ideally I would like to stay in the northeast, MHT. Would I have a shot for the accelerated captain program? What is the schedule like until the 1000TT requirement is met? What airframes and routes are flown from MHT?

Thank you for your response!
Old 05-23-2017, 09:06 AM
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Rcordeiro1225 View Post
I would like some clarification from AMF on the accelerated captain program.

I am currently in my time building phase, skydive pilot. I would be looking to apply within the next few month for a potential start in the early fall. By that time I should be in the neighborhood of 700-800TT.

Ideally I would like to stay in the northeast, MHT. Would I have a shot for the accelerated captain program? What is the schedule like until the 1000TT requirement is met? What airframes and routes are flown from MHT?

Thank you for your response!
Hello!

Our MHT positions are through Wiggins Airways (our wholly-owned subsidiary). Unfortunately, Wiggins is not part of the Accelerated Captain Program. Wiggins operates BE99s, C208s, and EMB-110s. The closest AMF base to MHT is BUF.

AMF currently does not have any ACP positions open as the program is full. However, we expect to open those positions again in August or September (just in time for you!). You are welcome to apply as soon as you hit our mins, even if we do not have the position open yet.

The schedule for the ACPs before they meet 1,000TT is Monday through Friday, morning to evening on any of our routes (so no base will be assigned). You would be flown out to where we need you. We would of course try to keep you in the same spot for as long as possible. We would pay for your flight to get to and from your assignments, housing, and a per diem.

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask more questions if you have them.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:34 AM
Line Holder

Position: Crj FO

I have sent Ameriflight my resume.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:19 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2017

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
I assume you are asking about flight hours. Based on the runs I am most familiar with I'm gonna say it would range from about 40-80 hours per month.
Sorry I left that part out, haha. Thank you for the response.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:14 AM
Ameriflight

Hi, all!

Not sure if you guys are aware of our newest bonus program, so figured I'd drop the details here!
Just a few weeks ago, we started a Beech 1900 Captain Bonus Program.
Here's how it works:
If you take a 1900 Captain position with us, you will receive $10,000 (or $5,000 and your ATP/CTP course paid for by us) at the successful completion of IOE. You will get an additional $10,000 18 months after your hire date. That's a $20,000 bonus in total! On top of your first year pay of $57,000.

Also, we have a Turbine Retention Bonus for the 1900 of 20%. So at the end of year two and every year after, you will get 20% of your salary.

We have the same bonus in effect for the Metroliner (started last fall).

Feel free to ask any questions you have!
Old 06-09-2017, 07:52 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2016
Position: EMB500/505

I'm interested.. PM sent!
Old 06-10-2017, 07:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
Hi, all!

Not sure if you guys are aware of our newest bonus program, so figured I'd drop the details here!
Just a few weeks ago, we started a Beech 1900 Captain Bonus Program.
Here's how it works:
If you take a 1900 Captain position with us, you will receive $10,000 (or $5,000 and your ATP/CTP course paid for by us) at the successful completion of IOE. You will get an additional $10,000 18 months after your hire date. That's a $20,000 bonus in total! On top of your first year pay of $57,000.

Also, we have a Turbine Retention Bonus for the 1900 of 20%. So at the end of year two and every year after, you will get 20% of your salary.

We have the same bonus in effect for the Metroliner (started last fall).

Feel free to ask any questions you have!
Please give more details on this new program.....

Ameriflight Signs Gateway Program Agreement with UPS Airlines - Ameriflight and UPS Airlines have entered into The UPS/Ameriflight Gateway Program to create opportunities for flight crew personnel for both airlines. The collaboration is intended to offer outlined paths under which UPS Airlines' Intern Program participants can gain Part 135 flying experience at Ameriflight and accumulate the flight experience needed to proceed to UPS Airlines, a Part 121 certificated air carrier.

Under the program, UPS will actively mentor participating Ameriflight pilots. These pilots will be encouraged to participate in UPS functions and learn from UPS Airlines' flight-qualified management team and Chief Pilots.

The Gateway Program is open to individuals who have successfully completed the UPS Airlines' Intern Program and have been identified by UPS as eligible for the UPS/Ameriflight Gateway Program. The agreement affords the opportunity for UPS interns to potentially qualify for employment with Ameriflight and UPS Airlines, respectively, upon completion of outlined experience and training requirements. Ameriflight and UPS may offer employment to eligible pilots subject to their hiring needs, hiring standards and the program requirements.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
Please give more details on this new program.....

Ameriflight Signs Gateway Program Agreement with UPS Airlines - Ameriflight and UPS Airlines have entered into The UPS/Ameriflight Gateway Program to create opportunities for flight crew personnel for both airlines. The collaboration is intended to offer outlined paths under which UPS Airlines' Intern Program participants can gain Part 135 flying experience at Ameriflight and accumulate the flight experience needed to proceed to UPS Airlines, a Part 121 certificated air carrier.

Under the program, UPS will actively mentor participating Ameriflight pilots. These pilots will be encouraged to participate in UPS functions and learn from UPS Airlines' flight-qualified management team and Chief Pilots.

The Gateway Program is open to individuals who have successfully completed the UPS Airlines' Intern Program and have been identified by UPS as eligible for the UPS/Ameriflight Gateway Program. The agreement affords the opportunity for UPS interns to potentially qualify for employment with Ameriflight and UPS Airlines, respectively, upon completion of outlined experience and training requirements. Ameriflight and UPS may offer employment to eligible pilots subject to their hiring needs, hiring standards and the program requirements.
As was mentioned in the dedicated thread, this is currently only for pilots starting out in the UPS intern program. Meaning that UPS vets them before they ever even arrive at AMF. As it stands, current AMF (and direct hire AMF) pilots will not benefit from it. Our hope is that it may eventually lead to more of a flow type program to UPS.

I haven't heard any particulars of how much time or type of experience these candidates will need at AMF before UPS brings them back. I'm sure it will involve time in a type rated aircraft (metro, 1900 or E120.)