Ameriflight

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 07:27 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Perhaps this needs its own thread? Great news for AMF pilots
Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
Hi, everybody!

We, along with UPS Airlines, are very excited to make public our intent to expand our Gateway Program!
We aim to finalize the agreement by the end of the year and start the first selection process of Ameriflight pilots in January.

Press release below:

DALLAS, TX – Ameriflight and UPS Airlines are close to finalizing an agreement to further enhance the career opportunities for flight crewmembers at Ameriflight. The airlines have agreed in principal to expand the UPS/Ameriflight pilot gateway program to current and future Ameriflight pilots. The program will provide the opportunity for selected pilots at Ameriflight, the nation’s largest Part 135 cargo carrier, to have a clear path to UPS Airlines, a global carrier serving more than 220 countries and territories.

The program will be open to qualified Ameriflight pilots who are selected to be part of the program. These selected participants will be required to fulfill a number of benchmarks including Ameriflight requirements, personal/professional development and UPS mentoring. Successful completion of the program will afford for these Ameriflight pilots to qualify for a guaranteed interview with UPS Airlines subject to its hiring needs and meeting all program and hiring requirements.

Ameriflight and UPS launched the Gateway Program earlier this year, with an initial phase that offers a defined career path to students who successfully complete the UPS Airlines’ Intern Program.

“I am thrilled with the expansion of the Gateway Program, as it will provide a career path opportunity for our pilots to start at Ameriflight and continue on to UPS Airlines,” says Ameriflight Chief Operating Officer Bill Poerstel. “We value the relationship with UPS, which is Ameriflight’s largest customer.”

Capt. Roger Quinn, UPS Airlines Director of Training said, “We are pleased to announce our intent to expand the UPS-Ameriflight gateway program to include currently-employed and future Ameriflight pilots. Ameriflight provides important support to the UPS air network, with many dedicated crewmembers who help our company meet service commitments to our customers. These pilots understand our business and should make strong candidates as we recruit future generations of professionals to fly UPS aircraft.”

The first selection of Ameriflight pilots entering the Gateway Program will be made in early 2018. Further program details will be announced by the end of this year.

About Ameriflight: Ameriflight was founded in 1968 and has grown from a small air charter and cargo service carrier to an international operator and the nation’s largest 135 cargo airline. Ameriflight is headquartered in Dallas, TX and has more than 500 employees including over 100 pilots and over 100 aircraft. Ameriflight provides feeder services for overnight express carriers such as UPS. The company can be found on the web at ameriflight.com and on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @Ameriflight.

About UPS: UPS (NYSE: UPS) is a global leader in logistics, offering a broad range of solutions including transporting packages and freight, facilitating international trade, and deploying advanced technology to more efficiently manage the world of business. Headquartered in Atlanta, UPS serves more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. The company can be found on the web at ups.com® and its corporate blog can be found at longitudes.ups.com. To get UPS news direct, visit pressroom.ups.com/RSS or follow @UPS_News on Twitter.

While the details have not yet been finalized, I'd be happy to answer what I can.

Cheers!
Old 10-06-2017, 11:04 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Position: smoke and spider season

So what would the process for existing AMF pilots that did not enter the pilot pool through UPS's gateway program do to qualify for this agreement?

This looks like a formal extension of the exiting program of UPS pilot interns flying with AMF to me.
Old 10-06-2017, 11:21 AM
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by PetRock View Post
So what would the process for existing AMF pilots that did not enter the pilot pool through UPS's gateway program do to qualify for this agreement?

This looks like a formal extension of the exiting program of UPS pilot interns flying with AMF to me.
Hi, there!

This is separate from the UPS intern program. That'll still be a thing, but this is for pilots working here now and pilots that will be working here in the future (not through the intern gateway program).

When we finalize the details, there will be a number of benchmarks the pilot has to fulfill (like professional development, personal development, length with Ameriflight, etc.)

For current Ameriflight pilots, what they have done with us so far counts toward the program. So if they've been here for two years, that'll count toward the time requirement and if they have a certain number of hours with us that'll count toward the hour requirement and so on and so forth.

Hope that makes sense!
Old 10-07-2017, 04:45 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Hi, there!

Not sure specifically what position you are inquiring about, but I'll list all of the time requirements below:
EMB120 FO - 500 TT, 25 ME, 100 XC (defined as point to point), 25 night, 500 PIC, 75 instrument
Accelerated Captain Program FO - 800 TT, 25 ME, 300 XC (defined as point to point), 100 night, 500 PIC, 75 instrument
PA-31 VFR Captain - 750 TT, 25 ME, 100 XC (defined as point to point), 25 night, 500 PIC, 75 instrument
PA-31 Captain - 1,200 TT, 50 ME, 500 XC (defined as point to point), 100 night, 500 PIC, 75 instrument
BE99 Captain - 1,200 TT, 150 ME, 500 XC (defined as point to point), 100 night, 500 PIC, 75 instrument
BE1900 Captain - 1,800 TT, 250 ME, 500 XC (defined as point to point), 100 night, 1,000 PIC, 100 instrument, 100 Turbine, 121 or 135 experience
SA227 Captain - 2,500 TT, 250 ME, 500 XC (defined as point to point), 100 night, 1,000 PIC, 100 instrument, 200 Turbine, 121 or 135 experience
EMB120 Captain - 3,000 TT, 500 ME, 500 XC (defined as point to point), 100 night, 1,000 PIC, 200 instrument, 500 Turbine, 121 or 135 experience

Hope that helps!
Thank you for providing all of the requirements.

I was a CFI/CFII but have not flown in some time. I am returning to aviation and just got check out for a 1st class medical and have my flight review/instrument schedule to be completed this month. My question is about how many current hours does Ameriflight require?

PIC 850
Multi 43
CC 223
Complex 93
Night 46
Old 10-08-2017, 10:57 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017
Default Seasonal positions!?

Hi there.

I'm interested in the seasonal positions that you have posted. I saw that it is for certain bases and for the PA31 and BE99 only. Are we able to choose which one of those aircraft and which of those bases? Or is it what and where needed? I've been looking for a seasonal job like this so I can keep a helicopter seasonal summer job.

Thanks.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:07 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2016

Anyone currently flying the BE99 for AMF that could share what the avionics package installed on the airplane is? Are all of the airplanes standard? I thought I saw a cockpit photo on The AMF Facebook page that showed a STEC 30 installed. It looked like a Garmin GPS was installed as well, but I could not make it out. Anyone flying in the home based program of 2/7/2/2? How do you like it? Do you have the opportunity to upgrade to the 1900 relatively soon. Any details you could share would be appreciated.

Thanks, CD9
Old 10-09-2017, 06:25 AM
Layover Master

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Position: Seated

Has anyone started the new home-based schedule? Two weeks on, one week off, two weeks on, two weeks off?

Is it available for all airframes?
Old 10-09-2017, 11:18 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Position: smoke and spider season

Hi, there!

This is separate from the UPS intern program. That'll still be a thing, but this is for pilots working here now and pilots that will be working here in the future (not through the intern gateway program).

When we finalize the details, there will be a number of benchmarks the pilot has to fulfill (like professional development, personal development, length with Ameriflight, etc.)

For current Ameriflight pilots, what they have done with us so far counts toward the program. So if they've been here for two years, that'll count toward the time requirement and if they have a certain number of hours with us that'll count toward the hour requirement and so on and so forth.

Hope that makes sense!
That is good news.

Thanks for the clarification.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:53 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

Originally Posted by collegedropout9 View Post
Anyone currently flying the BE99 for AMF that could share what the avionics package installed on the airplane is? Are all of the airplanes standard? I thought I saw a cockpit photo on The AMF Facebook page that showed a STEC 30 installed. It looked like a Garmin GPS was installed as well, but I could not make it out. Anyone flying in the home based program of 2/7/2/2? How do you like it? Do you have the opportunity to upgrade to the 1900 relatively soon. Any details you could share would be appreciated.

Thanks, CD9
Garmin 430 and Stec 30 are standard for the 99. There are some still without either, but they are cycling through the fleet, one at a time to put the GPS in at the same time as the ADS B transponder.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by own nav View Post
Garmin 430 and Stec 30 are standard for the 99. There are some still without either, but they are cycling through the fleet, one at a time to put the GPS in at the same time as the ADS B transponder.
I believe the ones being put in with the ADS B are Garmin 650.