Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 05-16-2018, 07:34 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2017
Position: Freight Dog

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
Yes, you still need a current IPC.
MEICC is just a refresher course to help you get through training if you're a little rusty.

Starting pay for the EMB120 as a First Officer is $31,000.

Hope that helps!
Do all new hires go through the MEICC course? Is it sim based?
Old 05-16-2018, 08:57 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018
Position: *click click, click click* Time to do pilot sh*t.

What are the EMB-120 FO bases? I live in Louisiana so anything close? I'm open to moving though.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:37 AM
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by endlessnight View Post
Do all new hires go through the MEICC course? Is it sim based?
Yes, all new hires go through the MEICC course.
Everyone gets a sim check and depending on how you do, you could get more sim time throughout the MEICC course. The course is classroom based and has sim time.

Hope that makes sense!
Old 05-17-2018, 05:38 AM
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by FlyingDawgg View Post
What are the EMB-120 FO bases? I live in Louisiana so anything close? I'm open to moving though.
Here are the EMB120 bases: BFI, BQN, ONT, PDX, PHX, and SLC
Old 05-17-2018, 08:02 PM
Line Holder

What can you tell us about the exam new hires get before indoc?
Old 05-18-2018, 05:14 AM
Line Holder

Do positions such as check pilot and instructor get you more pay?

How does working a day off work in terms of pay and bidding?

If you come in as a Be99 captain, do you get ATP before advancing to the 1900 and are there any training contracts with that?

Since its an out and back route, would I be sitting in the hotel room most of the day between flights or does that change per route?

Are all pilots scheduled a 5 day with the ability to work a day more or how does that start off? This would be for a Be99 in DFW as the beginning.

Thanks!
Old 05-18-2018, 10:09 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: single pilot cargo, turboprop

Originally Posted by Kansaspilot92 View Post
Do positions such as check pilot and instructor get you more pay?

How does working a day off work in terms of pay and bidding?

If you come in as a Be99 captain, do you get ATP before advancing to the 1900 and are there any training contracts with that?

Since its an out and back route, would I be sitting in the hotel room most of the day between flights or does that change per route?

Are all pilots scheduled a 5 day with the ability to work a day more or how does that start off? This would be for a Be99 in DFW as the beginning.

Thanks!
Training captains get "T" pay which is 1.5 times the normal rate on the days they perform training.

Base pay is 40 units a week. You get extra for various things such as extending your duty day for repositioning, or if you are on a M-F schedule and pick up a Saturday in addition to a 40 unit line.

Outstation based runs are Monday night through Saturday morning (5 overnight layovers), and usually get 40 units.

Reserve lines often get you home earlier and still pay 8 units a day. Same with out and back runs. Routes with an all day layover pay 8 units as well.

I'm sure someone else can give you more details on the ATP, but from what I've seen, when you get a type rating (Metro or 1900) it is initially commercial. Then, before your annual recurrent in such, you do your CTP course and your recurrent checkride becomes your ATP checkride.
Old 05-19-2018, 05:36 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by own nav View Post
Training captains get "T" pay which is 1.5 times the normal rate on the days they perform training.
That sounds pretty good. Some operators think their pilots should train as part of the job.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:08 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by own nav View Post

Base pay is 40 units a week. You get extra for various things such as extending your duty day for repositioning, or if you are on a M-F schedule and pick up a Saturday in addition to a 40 unit line.

Outstation based runs are Monday night through Saturday morning (5 overnight layovers), and usually get 40 units.

Reserve lines often get you home earlier and still pay 8 units a day. Same with out and back runs. Routes with an all day layover pay 8 units as well.

I'm sure someone else can give you more details on the ATP, but from what I've seen, when you get a type rating (Metro or 1900) it is initially commercial. Then, before your annual recurrent in such, you do your CTP course and your recurrent checkride becomes your ATP checkride.
Awesome thank you this clears up a lot!

Follow up questions would be- as a new BE99 captain at DFW, do I expect outstation runs(leave DFW evening return morning) out and back runs(out to one airport in the morning and immediate return no layover) or layover days(leave morning return evening)?

Just trying to get a handle on scheduling specifics and what to expect as the new guy and what to bid for. Still not in the professional pilot world as anything more than a CFI, so some of these terms are pretty confusing. Thanks!
Old 05-19-2018, 04:29 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Kansaspilot92 View Post
Awesome thank you this clears up a lot!

Follow up questions would be- as a new BE99 captain at DFW, do I expect outstation runs(leave DFW evening return morning) out and back runs(out to one airport in the morning and immediate return no layover) or layover days(leave morning return evening)?

Just trying to get a handle on scheduling specifics and what to expect as the new guy and what to bid for. Still not in the professional pilot world as anything more than a CFI, so some of these terms are pretty confusing. Thanks!
I can tell you this, all weather single pilot freight flying will get you at the top of your game IFR flying wise. Enjoy it!