Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 04-23-2019, 08:01 AM
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by DeeDee214 View Post
I have a few questions pertaining to the Accelerated Captain Program.

1. Does there need to be a specific ACP hiring announcement to apply?
Hi, there!

We don't typically make a hiring announcement for that position.
We have a backlog of applicants for it (hot position), so we can usually hire without posting. (Not to say that we never do. In February, we had the position open on our careers website - www.ameriflight.com/careers - for about two weeks.)
If you do meet the mins, though, I'd advise just shooting an email over to our First Officer recruiter with your resume (updated flight times) and earliest month availability you can start. Name: Kacie Freeman | Email: [email protected]

Hope that helps!
Old 04-23-2019, 10:52 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2019

Thank you both for the info as well as all the time and effort you take making this thread so useful.
Old 04-29-2019, 12:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by DeeDee214 View Post
Thank you both for the info as well as all the time and effort you take making this thread so useful.
Are you military by chance? Just looking at your handle.
Old 04-29-2019, 05:40 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2019

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
Are you military by chance? Just looking at your handle.

I am...at least until I retire this August after 20 years active duty Coast Guard . I'm not a military aviator though. I was a line guy as a teen and used everything I earned to solo at 16, PPL at 17, and commercial at 18. Joined the USCG for money to finish my ratings and ride out the time till I turned 23 for my ATP then 9/11 happened.

Got back into flying three years ago and have been banner towing part time since. Just got an IPC and take my ME check ride Wednesday. I should have around 1000 hours by the time I start seriously applying for jobs around June/July-ish.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Bumping this back to the first page because there have been a couple of new threads started that probably would have been answered here if they had seen it.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:58 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2018

I was wondering if anyone had experience or knew about how many hours a month does an FO receive in the Spokane, WA base. I see figures like 40-80 being tossed around, would love to hear from first hand though if possible.
Old 05-15-2019, 10:45 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2019
Post FO possibilities

Hi Freightdogs,

I have a question about the employment possibilities for FO as I hope to apply with AMF once I have regained IFR proficiency. I live in a small town in NE Oklahoma about an hour away from the Joplin and Fayetteville/Bentonville airports and about 1.5 hours from Tulsa International. I have a little over 500 hours and meet AMF FO requirements. Unlike many people who ask about flying for AMF on this site, I am not looking for a particular base. I am, however, tied to my home and my wife. If AMF will let me jumpseat to bases, I'd be happy to fly wherever I am needed.

Some things I have seen from AMF say, If you live within so far of an airport..., but recently I see stuff that makes it sound like that only applies to captains. It's confusing and a little disheartening.

Does AMF entertain the idea of hiring someone like me (as FO) who will go where needed, but ultimately needs to come home to his family at the end of the week or rotation?
Old 05-15-2019, 12:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by egothrasher View Post
I was wondering if anyone had experience or knew about how many hours a month does an FO receive in the Spokane, WA base. I see figures like 40-80 being tossed around, would love to hear from first hand though if possible.
The runs you refer to are currently operating out of BFI and get roughly 12 hours per week. The operation out of Spokane will be starting sometime around September and the actual routings hasn't been determined yet. My guess would be that the flight time would be similar but probably a bit less just due to the destinations being closer to Spokane than Seattle.
Old 05-16-2019, 05:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Mellokeith View Post
Hi Freightdogs,

I have a question about the employment possibilities for FO as I hope to apply with AMF once I have regained IFR proficiency. I live in a small town in NE Oklahoma about an hour away from the Joplin and Fayetteville/Bentonville airports and about 1.5 hours from Tulsa International. I have a little over 500 hours and meet AMF FO requirements. Unlike many people who ask about flying for AMF on this site, I am not looking for a particular base. I am, however, tied to my home and my wife. If AMF will let me jumpseat to bases, I'd be happy to fly wherever I am needed.

Some things I have seen from AMF say, If you live within so far of an airport..., but recently I see stuff that makes it sound like that only applies to captains. It's confusing and a little disheartening.

Does AMF entertain the idea of hiring someone like me (as FO) who will go where needed, but ultimately needs to come home to his family at the end of the week or rotation?
AMF doesn't prohibit "commuting" via jumpseat, but it is discouraged. At the flight time level you describe, you would be assigned to an E120 base. Our E120 runs operate Monday PM to Saturday AM or Monday AM to Friday PM. Neither of these allows much time to jump seat home. And if you don't make it back for your duty assignment, you would be subject to disciplinary action. Unlike some passenger airlines, we don't have a policy where if you have a given number of backup options available and all of them get cancelled then you would be excused.

Sorry if that puts a damper on your plans.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:37 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2019

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
Hi, there!

We don't typically make a hiring announcement for that position.
We have a backlog of applicants for it (hot position), so we can usually hire without posting. (Not to say that we never do. In February, we had the position open on our careers website - www.ameriflight.com/careers - for about two weeks.)
If you do meet the mins, though, I'd advise just shooting an email over to our First Officer recruiter with your resume (updated flight times) and earliest month availability you can start. Name: Kacie Freeman | Email: [email protected]

Hope that helps!

Is Kacie still working with Ameriflight as your FO recruiter or is there someone else I can reach out to (I looked her up on LinkedIn and it appears she left the company)? I know AMF isn't currently advertising any FO positions but I'm interesting in sending off my resume in case a slot opens in SLC in the future. Any assistance you can provide on the current recruiter for FO's would be greatly appreciated! A few quick notes on me:

- Began flying 15 years ago as Private Pilot
- Meet all hiring minimums for EMB 120 FO
- Currently employed as CFI, CFII, and MEI
- 8 Year's active duty military followed by three years as corporate safety/security manager. Vast experience with SMS/Risk Management

- T