Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Ameriflight

Old 05-24-2019, 04:20 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2019
Default FO possibilities

Originally Posted by frmrbuffdrvr View Post
AMF doesn't prohibit "commuting" via jumpseat, but it is discouraged. At the flight time level you describe, you would be assigned to an E120 base. Our E120 runs operate Monday PM to Saturday AM or Monday AM to Friday PM. Neither of these allows much time to jump seat home. And if you don't make it back for your duty assignment, you would be subject to disciplinary action. Unlike some passenger airlines, we don't have a policy where if you have a given number of backup options available and all of them get cancelled then you would be excused.

Sorry if that puts a damper on your plans.
frmrbuffdrvr

Thanks.
I'm still going to try to keep an open mind about this. I really don't want to go the airline route; I would rather go cargo.

I looked at the AMF site and the schedules for each base, but they didn't have STL listed at all; are there EMB120s based in STL? That's about 5 hours away... about the same distance as DFW.

Kinda looks like the best time builder base is SJU; does that sound correct?
Old 05-24-2019, 07:51 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Any

Originally Posted by Mellokeith View Post
frmrbuffdrvr

Thanks.
I'm still going to try to keep an open mind about this. I really don't want to go the airline route; I would rather go cargo.

I looked at the AMF site and the schedules for each base, but they didn't have STL listed at all; are there EMB120s based in STL? That's about 5 hours away... about the same distance as DFW.

Kinda looks like the best time builder base is SJU; does that sound correct?
The St Louis base actually is located at SUS. And there are only SA227s based there, no E120s.

SJU (specifically BQN for the E120) is definitely the best time building base. The flights get around 4 hours per day, 20 hours per week.

The bases with E120s are BFI (soon to be GEG), PDX, ONT, PHX and BQN.
Old 05-25-2019, 07:40 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2019
Default FO possibilities

The St Louis base actually is located at SUS. And there are only SA227s based there, no E120s.

SJU (specifically BQN for the E120) is definitely the best time building base. The flights get around 4 hours per day, 20 hours per week.

frmrbuffdrvr

Do many FOs request the BQN base?
Thanks for your help.
Old 05-27-2019, 09:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Mellokeith View Post
frmrbuffdrvr

Do many FOs request the BQN base?
Thanks for your help.
I don't know how many request it specifically. That would be a question for recruiting. I know we have an FO starting aircraft specific training tomorrow to go there. There are two runs and we generally try to keep 3 FOs in the base to cover to sick calls and time off requests.
Old 06-04-2019, 11:59 AM
Ameriflight

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by Utah6SD View Post

Is Kacie still working with Ameriflight as your FO recruiter or is there someone else I can reach out to (I looked her up on LinkedIn and it appears she left the company)? I know AMF isn't currently advertising any FO positions but I'm interesting in sending off my resume in case a slot opens in SLC in the future. Any assistance you can provide on the current recruiter for FO's would be greatly appreciated! A few quick notes on me:

- Began flying 15 years ago as Private Pilot
- Meet all hiring minimums for EMB 120 FO
- Currently employed as CFI, CFII, and MEI
- 8 Year's active duty military followed by three years as corporate safety/security manager. Vast experience with SMS/Risk Management

- T
Hi, T!

We don't have any First Officer positions open on our website at the moment, but we'd still love to receive your resume. We hire First Officers about every two or so months as our current FOs upgrade to Captain.
We also have ACP FOs at 750-800 TT.
Here's the best place to send it: [email protected] That will get you to all of our Pilot Recruiters. Be sure to send a resume (with updated flight times), as well as location preference and availability, and hire month availability.

Hope that helps!
Old 06-29-2019, 09:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Update; The SUS base officially closed on 6/22. Unfortunately we were outbid for the only customer we had at that base.
Old 07-01-2019, 01:38 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2019
Default SDF

Do many FO positions become available in Louisville?
Old 07-01-2019, 02:07 PM
Ameriflight

Default ACP First Officer position open

Ameriflight is looking for 4 ACP First Officers - August training class.

Here's the link if you're interested: First Officer Accelerated Captain Program - Careers At Ameriflight, LLC

You'd start as a First Officer in our BE1900 or SA227 aircraft. Fly right seat until you reach 1,000 TT. At 1,000-1,100 TT, you'd operate as a restricted Captain until you reach full Captain mins (1,200 TT).
Old 07-01-2019, 02:12 PM
Ameriflight

Originally Posted by Ewokin View Post
Do many FO positions become available in Louisville?
Hi, there!

We don't have our regular FO positions available there often, as we don't fly EMB120 from that base.
However, we are currently hiring for our ACP First Officer positions. For those, you can live anywhere and Ameriflight will cover your transportation and lodging when we send you on assignment.
See above for link to apply to one of those positions.

Hope that helps!
Old 07-01-2019, 06:13 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2019
Default ACP Contract?

Originally Posted by FreightDogs View Post
Hi, there!

We don't have our regular FO positions available there often, as we don't fly EMB120 from that base.
However, we are currently hiring for our ACP First Officer positions. For those, you can live anywhere and Ameriflight will cover your transportation and lodging when we send you on assignment.
See above for link to apply to one of those positions.

Hope that helps!

Thanks so much for that. What does the ACP contract entail?