Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Thanks for all your help!
Old 12-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Fixed wing, left

Originally Posted by freightdog View Post
I guess the absolute best way would be to call Sylvia Perez directly and either email your resume to her or fill it out online. One advantage to calling is that when you interview she can put a face to all the harassing phone calls wanting a job!

Rumor is we are looking to run a class of 12 in January.
one class or two split?
Old 12-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat

Originally Posted by Scooter2525 View Post
one class or two split?
I think one class of 12.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:33 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Does anybody at AMF know if there are any classes scheduled after the one in Jan?
Old 12-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by skatergeek View Post
Does anybody at AMF know if there are any classes scheduled after the one in Jan?
Haven't heard yet for anything after January.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Regional Airline Captain

I've been working at TransPac Aviation Academy (formerly Pan Am) for almost a year now and I'm looking to take the next step in my career. Ameriflight appeals to me for several reasons, multi-PIC right off the bat, opportunity for turbine time, and an income that I can live on with my student loan payments (as opposed to regional airline FO). I almost have 135 mins (1050/80M). Looking on the airlines page, they appear to be hiring.

Can anyone give me an idea of what its like to work for them? Also, given the economic situation are they relatively stable financially? Is it true that you have to load your own cargo? If so how difficult is this?

Thanks all.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008

Ameriflight is a a good place to start but to get into the BE99's gonna be a long wait. I have friends who work there and have been with Ameriflight since 2006 and are still waiting to get into the 99. There are out station opportunities but even those are slim to come by.
You can try looking into Ram Air or even Planemasters who happens to fly Caravans which would be a quick way to build 1000hr turbine PIC. Good luck.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by V1Rotate View Post
I've been working at TransPac Aviation Academy (formerly Pan Am) for almost a year now and I'm looking to take the next step in my career. Ameriflight appeals to me for several reasons, multi-PIC right off the bat, opportunity for turbine time, and an income that I can live on with my student loan payments (as opposed to regional airline FO). I almost have 135 mins (1050/80M). Looking on the airlines page, they appear to be hiring.

Can anyone give me an idea of what its like to work for them? Also, given the economic situation are they relatively stable financially? Is it true that you have to load your own cargo? If so how difficult is this?

Thanks all.
While some airlines are furloughing we are expanding with new routes and service. We are still hiring, a class of 12 this January, but after this month it is hard to say where are numbers are for staffing. We're looking to expand in several markets in the CONUS. Some bases take longer than others to get into something that burns Jet-A.

As for the question about loading own cargo, yes this is true. If don't like shoveling boxes then don't apply. Some bases, the pilots load/unload more than others. For example, this morning (0000-0530) I flew BUR-OAK-BUR with bank and courier work on board and going into each base I didn't even have to touch a box on either end because we had line service to load/unload. However, if you are at a base servicing UPS you might have their union loaders packing your airplane, but at your destination(s) UPS usually only sends one or two drivers and you have to help unload the freight and load it back up in the evening for the return flight.
Sometimes having to load up a whole Metro with 3,000 lbs of freight really sucks at times, but it's essential to help provide good customer service to UPS and to get the flight out on time.

I started at AMF 2.5 years ago and have never regretted coming here. Right now I'm glad that I have a job and I still really enjoy the flying. I've learned more sometimes in one flight than years of flight training.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Is Ameriflight in CASS? I know there is an agreement with SWA, can Amflight pilots ride up front? or is the agreement for non-rev space in the back.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008

They are in CASS but you work 5 days a week so it limits your ability to go places.