Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Airnet base

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 04:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Right Seat Gear Swinger
Default Airnet base

I have been looking at airnet for a little while and seriously considered sending in an app.

Well I finally did last night at 12:30 a.m. I got a call today (sunday) at about 230 from a guy named walter. he left a message and wanted to discuss employment opportunities with the company.

I remember reading on their website that you can now choose your domicile. Does this still hold true? If not how hard is Philadelphia to get?

I figure they are probably going to have me come in for an interview; I'd like to do the FAM flight first if possible though.

Anyone at airnet got any pointers? I have looked through the airnet threads on here and have found some good info. I'd appreciate any advice you all have to offer.

Thanks alot
Old 11-19-2007, 05:28 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: C90B

Originally Posted by FSUpilot View Post
I have been looking at airnet for a little while and seriously considered sending in an app.

Well I finally did last night at 12:30 a.m. I got a call today (sunday) at about 230 from a guy named walter. he left a message and wanted to discuss employment opportunities with the company.

I remember reading on their website that you can now choose your domicile. Does this still hold true? If not how hard is Philadelphia to get?

I figure they are probably going to have me come in for an interview; I'd like to do the FAM flight first if possible though.

Anyone at airnet got any pointers? I have looked through the airnet threads on here and have found some good info. I'd appreciate any advice you all have to offer.

Thanks alot
I'm not sure if they're hiring into base b/c we have runs that are not filled right now. PHL has a baron run and getting it depends on when the current pilot leaves/upgrades.

My advice is don't waste your time on a FAM flight. They'll fly you out on a system flight and you'll see how our operation works. Just get back in touch with the pilot recruitment guys, you'll have a phone interview and if they like what they hear they'll schedule you for an interview.

Good luck and what are your times?
Old 11-19-2007, 04:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by murphfly View Post
I'm not sure if they're hiring into base b/c we have runs that are not filled right now. PHL has a baron run and getting it depends on when the current pilot leaves/upgrades.

My advice is don't waste your time on a FAM flight. They'll fly you out on a system flight and you'll see how our operation works. Just get back in touch with the pilot recruitment guys, you'll have a phone interview and if they like what they hear they'll schedule you for an interview.

Good luck and what are your times?
had the phone interview this morning... everything went well and they scheduled an interview on Dec. 4th.

I was going to drive, but they called back and offered to come pick me up.

To be honest I wasnt expecting a call; my times were 250 and 69. I have a ways to go I know.

Oh by the way they are offering a $3000 dollar sign on bonus. Half when you get hired and half when you pass your checkride at 1200 hours.

Last edited by FSUpilot; 11-19-2007 at 04:20 PM. Reason: bonus
Old 11-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Since they arent letting you pick a base anymore does anyone know what bases are the most junior?
Old 11-21-2007, 01:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: LJ35 PIC

There is really no such thing as a junior base at AirNet. It's a little more random than that. Out of training you are presented with some bases that are open and you have to pick one. If there is a new policy in place then I have completely missed it.
I guess typically anything east coast is not very popular, especially TEB, and if it's not available immediately after training it shouldn't take long to get it. Besides the turnover here at AirNet is pretty crazy these days.

GL,
Old 11-21-2007, 03:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Iflyfr8 View Post
There is really no such thing as a junior base at AirNet. It's a little more random than that. Out of training you are presented with some bases that are open and you have to pick one. If there is a new policy in place then I have completely missed it.
I guess typically anything east coast is not very popular, especially TEB, and if it's not available immediately after training it shouldn't take long to get it. Besides the turnover here at AirNet is pretty crazy these days.

GL,
I have read some of your posts before about AirNet... what do you think my chances are of passing the interview?? I feel pretty confident I will do well. I also plan on taking the sim prep the day before.

I think for a guy like me, Airnet will be a great place to work. What do you think about your time there??

Where do you want to go after Airnet? It seems alot of pilots want to go to NetJets after their time at airnet.. is this true? Do some want to go airline? I dont know if companies prefer 121 experience to 135 or vice versa.

Sorry for all the questions.. I just want to find out as much as I can before the interview. I know I am low time, but I know I really want the job and I will do well at it.

I will probably have more questions... I have been searching around alot. Thanks
Old 11-23-2007, 04:29 AM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

FSU, I didn't work for Airnet, but another 135 freight/pax operator in C-310's. Most of our guys went to airlines out of my job, but that was before this last year before the airlines hired about anyone. Now most of us in the last year that left that job went to Part 91 and other part 135 jobs. Myself I now work for a Piper/TBM dealer(and its' sweet). My other friends jumped up from C310's to King-Airs, Hawkers, Lears, and Citation job's, both 91 and 135 operators.

As far as the experience you get and where it can get you, I guarantee there's probably not a more instrument proficient pilot out there than those of us who have flown night-freight. The skills are generally respected across the industry minus a few snob's who just don't get it.

Good Luck, Airnet wasn't for me at the time**, but I know there's several people where this company can really mix well with you.

**Yes I did interview, and no I didn't get an offer....let's just say Craig Washka didn't like the fact I wasn't going to bend over for the holier-than-thou mindset he had. I did work in a parallel company, and was home based, so it all worked out in the end, and I hold no grudges, actually have friends at Airnet currently too. Btw, is he still there???
Old 11-23-2007, 06:33 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Ewfflyer View Post
FSU, I didn't work for Airnet, but another 135 freight/pax operator in C-310's. Most of our guys went to airlines out of my job, but that was before this last year before the airlines hired about anyone. Now most of us in the last year that left that job went to Part 91 and other part 135 jobs. Myself I now work for a Piper/TBM dealer(and its' sweet). My other friends jumped up from C310's to King-Airs, Hawkers, Lears, and Citation job's, both 91 and 135 operators.

As far as the experience you get and where it can get you, I guarantee there's probably not a more instrument proficient pilot out there than those of us who have flown night-freight. The skills are generally respected across the industry minus a few snob's who just don't get it.

Good Luck, Airnet wasn't for me at the time**, but I know there's several people where this company can really mix well with you.

**Yes I did interview, and no I didn't get an offer....let's just say Craig Washka didn't like the fact I wasn't going to bend over for the holier-than-thou mindset he had. I did work in a parallel company, and was home based, so it all worked out in the end, and I hold no grudges, actually have friends at Airnet currently too. Btw, is he still there???
I am pretty sure he is still there according to some recent gouge i have been reading. Thanks for all the info.. I am looking forward to possibly working with the company. I hope i actually get to fly some as an SIC... I dont want to just sit there for 900 hours. But I know I have to start out somewhere though. Thanks alot.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:28 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2006

IF you go to Airnet as an sic you will probably get BHM (Birmingham) as a base. There are a lot of sics down there. You will get to fly every other leg and any empty legs. You will also do a lot of repo flights since they are part 91 and they will be single pilot so you will get some pic time. Good luck!
Old 11-23-2007, 09:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Do SIC's get to fly in the Navajo or the Caravan??? Or are they all single pilot PIC?