Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   AMF, RAM, FLX, AIRNET....training contracts? (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/23519-amf-ram-flx-airnet-training-contracts.html)

cfii2007 03-12-2008 03:53 PM

AMF, RAM, FLX, AIRNET....training contracts?

Does AMF, RAM, FLX, AIRNET require some sort of training contract? Are their any 135 outfits that do not require you to stay for a certain period of time?

dbrault17 03-12-2008 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by cfii2007 (Post 339419)
Does AMF, RAM, FLX, AIRNET require some sort of training contract? Are their any 135 outfits that do not require you to stay for a certain period of time?

Flight Express does not have a training contract. They have a 1000 dollar bonus if you pass training (after taxes its like 780). If you leave before six months you pay back that bonus (the 780).

Airnet last year had a 1 year 8000 dollar contract. Not sure if they still have that or not.

I dont know about AMF or RAM has any or not.

Scooter2525 03-12-2008 05:54 PM

AMF has a gentleman's agreement as does redding jet. Not sure about the rest. They just will put you on the "not rehireable" on your personal file. From what I hear this isn't the best thing to have, because if your future employer contacts them and sees it that may give them a heads up about your commitments...

Boris Badenov 03-13-2008 12:22 AM

Pretty sure RAM doesn't have one anymore either. They've gone to the FLX model, more or less. I think there's a training bonus, a multi upgrade bonus, and a yearly bonus. Might be worth remembering that FLX still pays considerably better for most runs, however.

cfii2007 03-13-2008 01:59 PM

RAM does have a 6 month contract you sign after initial...then another once you upgrade in the twin.

Ewfflyer 03-16-2008 06:49 AM

I just don't get why people can't honor most of these contracts. If you sign one, you honor it with your time, or your money. If a job is "so" great that you can bail on the first one, then it should pay the difference of leaving the first job.

I don't know, maybe I'm old school, but not everything is easy in this world.

ackeight 03-16-2008 02:44 PM

At airnet they have a 3K bonus after taxes. You need to have your 1200hrs though. Upgrade to the jet is another 5K and upgrade to left seat is another 5K if you sign the contracts for them. That is a potential 13K in 2 years if you're lucky enough to get left seat in 2 years. Something you could factor in ontop of base pay.

cfii2007 03-16-2008 03:04 PM

If I sign a contract, I intend to honor it.....just doing as much research before I put pen to paper.

own nav 03-17-2008 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Scooter2525 (Post 339514)
AMF has a gentleman's agreement as does redding jet. Not sure about the rest. They just will put you on the "not rehireable" on your personal file. From what I hear this isn't the best thing to have, because if your future employer contacts them and sees it that may give them a heads up about your commitments...

Right, you sign the "gentlman's agreement" in ground school. Then each time you transition to a new postion in a turbine aircraft, there's a financial training contract attached. The BE99 Captains, for instance sign a contract for 6 months with a $6000 penalty (pro rated with time).

Larger aircraft require 1 year training contracts with bigger price tags.

AMF particularly hates to see their captains make "lateral" moves to regionals, especially if you break your contract. Unlike most regionals, an Ameriflight base is a fairly small community, they know you well, and if you break your contract, they will take it personal. They will have little or no mercy on your PRIA report.

AMF would much rather have you "stick with the program" and leave with an ATP/Type Rating, and a couple years worth of turbine PIC, then leave for a Major or Fractional.

cfii2007 03-17-2008 01:53 PM

So as a new hire, in the PA31, you sign a 6 month contract, then another when upgrading to the BE99?

I agree, they are a great gig if you plan to stay and accumulate some turbine time.