Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JetSuite

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 06:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
JS moving into the large cabin market with the 600/650 Would be a big change to the business model. Selling empty legs for 69 bucks in a Legacy will quickly bankrupt the company. The JS model works for them right now with light cabin planes, but I am not sure transferring the model to larger planes will work.
They would need at least 10 big cabin jets to reduce some of the deadheading cost due to the type of flying it could do. The challenge is that JetSuite has the brand but nothing to offer beyond the CJ3 to parities that need more seats. Sure, they can charter multiple airplanes at once, but they need to provide a more complete range of options in markets like LA, SFO and TEB where the deeper pockets are located. For example, you see plenty of C750s, G200s and CL300s flying between the LA area & LAS.

I do believe the Phenom 300 will be more popular among passengers than the CJ3.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

I'm interested in any FO job at JS, but don't understand the "Gateways", is it possible to live in Dallas and airline to your base?

JS cover the commute?

Was just looking for a little info before I submitted my resume.

Thanks
Old 06-17-2016, 07:25 PM
Sitting on the sidelines

Joined APC: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by Rob12345 View Post
I'm interested in any FO job at JS, but don't understand the "Gateways", is it possible to live in Dallas and airline to your base?

JS cover the commute?

Was just looking for a little info before I submitted my resume.

Thanks
The gateways are the only cities they buy tickets to/from. Last I heard DAL and DFW were not on the list so the answer is no, they will not cover that commute.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:25 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2015

Originally Posted by Navajo31 View Post
The gateways are the only cities they buy tickets to/from. Last I heard DAL and DFW were not on the list so the answer is no, they will not cover that commute.
Not true. DAL is a Domicile, DFW is not. So yes you could report to and finish at DAL. Other cities in Texas are IAH and SAT. The only aircraft option at this time for those locations is the Phenom.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Going for the in person interview in a couple of weeks in Irvine.

Any ideas on what I should prep for?

What is dress for interview and reception? Business casual?

Where is training for Phenom conducted?
Old 06-25-2016, 05:49 PM
Chief A'Hole

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Barely Flying!

Originally Posted by Rob12345 View Post
Going for the in person interview in a couple of weeks in Irvine.

Any ideas on what I should prep for?

What is dress for interview and reception? Business casual?

Where is training for Phenom conducted?
I'll be there as one of the pilots interviewing. Suit and tie for the interview and remove the tie for the reception. Training is conducted at CAE Dallas. Great place to work and the people are awesome. PM me for more info.

DH
Old 10-25-2016, 11:24 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2016

https://skift.com/2016/10/25/jetblue...riendly-model/

That’s a distinct possibility now that JetBlue has bought a piece of one of the nation’s more unusual airlines. It’s JetSuiteX, a small six-month old carrier that flies to only six West Coast airports, including Burbank Bob Hope, San Jose International and McClellan–Palomar Airport, near San Diego.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:03 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2016
Default Time lapse

Does anyone here at work for JetSuiteX? They posted a time lapse video on Facebook from the left seat. I know 121 carriers have attempted to terminate crews for electronic devices in the while on duty. And they even post of the name of the pic 😬 Effectively ending his career for major. Why would they do this?????? I am hoping it was a part 91 fairy flight. They should take it down or at least remove the name of the PIC.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: L188

Um, there is an Endeavor video from the back of the left seat on "the tube". I would think if you get prior permission you won't get fired.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:08 AM
Chief A'Hole

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Barely Flying!

Originally Posted by Mourpheous View Post
Does anyone here at work for JetSuiteX? They posted a time lapse video on Facebook from the left seat. I know 121 carriers have attempted to terminate crews for electronic devices in the while on duty. And they even post of the name of the pic 😬 Effectively ending his career for major. Why would they do this?????? I am hoping it was a part 91 fairy flight. They should take it down or at least remove the name of the PIC.
Huh? It was a ferry* flight and it's a go pro mounted camera. At no time was he "handling" the camera while at his seat. Everyone is so quick to "quarterback" the situation. Yes they put his name up, big effing deal, it doesn't "kill" his shot at a major, my god. So I'm guessing some of the videos and pictures I have put up "86" me from the majors as well? Please......lol.

DH