Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Any recommended cargo ops in the North East (OH,PA,MI,NY)? (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/2627-any-recommended-cargo-ops-north-east-oh-pa-mi-ny.html)

northeastbound 02-19-2006 08:56 AM

Any recommended cargo ops in the North East (OH,PA,MI,NY)?

I'm fresh out of instructing with 135 mins. Can anyone recommend some 135 cargo ops particularly in Cleveland OH?

CitationJason 02-19-2006 09:17 AM

I can reccomend AirNet out of Columbus, OH. I don't fly for them personally, but I have spoken with them on the phone and in person, and they seem like a really good outfit, and they really need pilots.

CJ

northeastbound 02-19-2006 06:11 PM

Familiar with Air Net

I appreciate the info. You know of any other reputable entry level cargo ops in the North East?

ubermich 02-20-2006 11:16 AM

If your looking in the NE, there is a place called twin cities air that is based out of maine. they fly into albany evry night, and have charters as well.

familyman 04-02-2006 11:07 AM

hey northeastbound. Try special aviation systems. I had worked there seven years ago. How many hours do you have? I started there after instructing
and built up lots of time. They are in leipsic, ohio. (boonies) I was shell
shocked when I moved there because it is so rural. However, when i worked there, it was a tight knit community of pilots, all 10 of us. Way back when, I
made around $30k as fo and $50k as captain. Not bad considering the low time I had. Good luck....

familyman 04-02-2006 11:11 AM

Oh and not to mention, we rented a whole house for $475/month.
The cost of living in that neck of the woods is dirt cheap. But you have to live within 20 minutes of leipsic because you are on call. Looking back, it was
a great way to build time and still make good money considering my low time.

Pilotpip 04-03-2006 12:17 AM

There are a ton of charter ops in that neck of the woods. They haul carparts and things like that. I know it's not in the state you're looking at but there are a few companies in michigan as well such as Ameristar, USAJet, Kalitta (one of Connie's sons owns the 135 ops with lears and falcons). A couple other companies to check out would be Air Cargo Carriers and Ameriflight but I don't know if they do anything in that region of the country. The latter two I have heard good things about from employees as well.

Familyman, how often were you in STL in the Bandit? I work at the FBO that fuels all the 135 cargo ops. Sad thing is that we're loosing a ton of business becuase of two of the three local plants are shutting down completely.

Short Bus Drive 04-03-2006 04:24 AM

AirNow. Out of Bennington,VT.
They have a variety of bases.

familyman 04-03-2006 08:18 AM

pilotpip, i was based out of leipsic ohio but when we did get to
stl, it was about two times a month. (drop and go) i'm in corporate
now and have been for the past 6 years. let me know if you need any
help getting a job. i remember those days and i am still reaching for that dream job. But good news is it goes fast and before you know it you've got lots of jet time under your belt.

Pilotpip 04-04-2006 08:08 PM

Thanks familyman, I appreciate the kind words and will definately have to take you up on that offer when I have my 135 mins (hopefully early next year).