Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   AirNet? (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/2693-airnet.html)

Fly4hire 02-23-2006 09:34 AM

AirNet?

Anyone here working for AirNet, either the Starcheck or JetRide side of the operation? Any info on QOL, schedules, pay welcome. Do they do direct hire Captains?

ubermich 02-23-2006 12:09 PM

I don't work for airnet, but I have spent many late nights in the FBO with airnet guys. From what I understand, and it mentions this somewhere on the airnet website, is they do not hire directly into the lear. Now as for jetride, I know nothing about. If you are interested in being a captain in a baron, however, yes, they do hire directly into that :D

ubermich 02-23-2006 12:17 PM

another thing is i have only heard of one starcheker that has a day schedule. He was a lear FO out of BWI and his schedule was from 3pm to 8pm everyday. I mentioned this to some of the airnet guys at the FBO and this schedule surprised them. This is the only case of an airnet guy working during the day that I know of. I normally fly into the airport at about 8pm (after a couple of legs) and the airnet guys come in about an hour after i do. I leave at about 1am and start my long leg and get back to base at 5 am. This is very similar to an airnet schedule. Once again, as for jetride, I have no idea.

Pilotpip 02-23-2006 02:23 PM

Jetride is just like any other 135 pax operation. They've come into my fbo a couple times and both pilots worked their way up from the barons. Everybody I've spoken to that has worked for Airnet has had positive things to say. Good management, good equipment, decent pay.

They are replacing the B-58s with Caravans from what I understand.

U-I pilot 02-23-2006 03:23 PM

I havent heard much bad about airnet. Good operation. I interviewed and almost SIC'ed there but hiring has slowed. For the Airnet Express side, hire into one of the props (baron, 310, navajo or caravan) then upgrade to right seat of the lears....
Jetride can be direct hire if you meet the requirements or you can choose to move from the pistons to jetride side. Airnet express is mostly nights however there are a few day runs mixed in. My buddy has a day run based in BHM now on Barons so it is possible....not likely but possible.
Great folks there....the company is currently for sale so if it sells who knows what will happen.

FlyingChipmunk 11-22-2006 06:18 PM

Contract??

Does Airnet have any minimum commitment time?

Pilotpip 11-22-2006 06:59 PM

Check their website. Their employment is pretty well laid out. I believe that they have a training contract but most people I know working there enjoy it and stick around long enough to move up so it's really not an issue.