Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

International Jet, APA

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 06:46 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: 320 Left
Default International Jet, APA

Anyone have any info on IJ out of Centennial? Hiring, pay, scheds??

Thank you.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

When I was in Denver back in February I dropped by there, the chief pilot came down and scheduled a meeting with me the following the day.

Really friendly and laid back guy, was impressed he took the time out of his day to meet with a random drop-in.

They run air-ambulance and charter, lear 20/30/55, wanted around 1700 total time with an atp, said the upgrade was typically 9-12 months. I would guess if you were typed and had some pic in lears they would work with you. (I'm digging through the notes I took here) They only guaranteed 6 days off a month, was some sort of seniority based system to pick the days. The air ambo crews were on a hot-call system, I guess they have a lounge and bunks set up for them at the airport. The pay if I remember wasn't anything spectacular, I cant find where I wrote it down. Training contract for first officers, a smaller one for upgrades. I was taken on a facilities tour also, the place was immaculate and their aircraft seemed in great shape.

I also spoke with a captain that left there to go fly for Lynx as a first officer if that says anything. From what what he said I think he was more after qol at that point though.

It wouldn't hurt to try them, from my experience they seem to take all potential employees seriousley.

Seemed like a decent company if you can handle the schedule.

Last edited by JPilot77; 06-03-2008 at 07:58 AM.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:20 PM
patience

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Originally Posted by JPilot77 View Post
When I was in Denver back in February I dropped by there, the chief pilot came down and scheduled a meeting with me the following the day.

Really friendly and laid back guy, was impressed he took the time out of his day to meet with a random drop-in.

They run air-ambulance and charter, lear 20/30/55, wanted around 1700 total time with an atp, said the upgrade was typically 9-12 months. I would guess if you were typed and had some pic in lears they would work with you. (I'm digging through the notes I took here) They only guaranteed 6 days off a month, was some sort of seniority based system to pick the days. The air ambo crews were on a hot-call system, I guess they have a lounge and bunks set up for them at the airport. The pay if I remember wasn't anything spectacular, I cant find where I wrote it down. Training contract for first officers, a smaller one for upgrades. I was taken on a facilities tour also, the place was immaculate and their aircraft seemed in great shape.

I also spoke with a captain that left there to go fly for Lynx as a first officer if that says anything. From what what he said I think he was more after qol at that point though.

It wouldn't hurt to try them, from my experience they seem to take all potential employees seriousley.

Seemed like a decent company if you can handle the schedule.
Does anyone have any current info on IJ?
Old 10-18-2012, 01:38 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2010
Position: CA BE200/ FO LJ31/35/55

No hiring in the near future. Just hired a class of two.

Charter- 6 days off a month, 24k hard with 40 addit an hour, per diem 1.65/hr. Must reside within 1 hr driving distance.

Air Ambulance- 4 on 4 off... sort of. Fill in charter vacancies as necessary. Higher salary, but not sure what it is.

Usually hire a class of 2-3 about this time every year for attrition
Old 10-20-2012, 08:20 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2010

I know they just lost a Capt. who flew the AirLife Med Lear.
Much of IJet is the same as it has been for the past 30 years. Low pay, minimal benefits and they hold as much over your head as possible.
If there is a way to get around paying for something (Runway analysis) they will find it. Per Diem is something like $1.65/hr and if you tip a line guy "well that's what per diem's for".
When it comes time for upgrade you can expect your LR-Jet initial to be completed utilizing FSI's recurrent course. Somehow they can still get credit for in-house training and slam guys through a 4 day 85% check. There are definitely worse places to work but IJet is nothing more than a stepping stone or post-retirement job for most.
Discailmer: I don't work there but I do know of a few who have.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:18 AM
patience

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Originally Posted by props4ever View Post
No hiring in the near future. Just hired a class of two.

Charter- 6 days off a month, 24k hard with 40 addit an hour, per diem 1.65/hr. Must reside within 1 hr driving distance.

Air Ambulance- 4 on 4 off... sort of. Fill in charter vacancies as necessary. Higher salary, but not sure what it is.

Usually hire a class of 2-3 about this time every year for attrition
Do you know what the mins are for both charter and Air Ambulance? A friend that worked for I-Jet told me 2000/500 ME PIC for the Air Ambo side. I'm not sure if this is correct or if it applies to the charter side.

I'm looking for intel regarding other charter companies in the Denver area such as Mayo and Mountain aviation. I've been told Mountain aviation will hire guys at 1200 hours directly into the C90. Mayo's website says 3000/1000 for BE-200 Air Ambo. Another company I haven't heard much about is Western Aviators based at LMO.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:38 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Any new info on this place? Sounds like they've changed some things
Old 02-23-2017, 09:15 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2013

I'm curious too. Anyone out here worked here in the past year or so?
Old 04-19-2017, 04:23 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2017
Default Run!

Run, don't look back, and then run more. Nothing has changed since post years ago, probably worse!
Old 08-26-2017, 09:55 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2017

Originally Posted by 4sure View Post
Run, don't look back, and then run more. Nothing has changed since post years ago, probably worse!
any more info available?