Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Updated Airnet info? (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/28557-updated-airnet-info.html)

Speedbird172 07-10-2008 01:56 PM

Updated Airnet info?

Hi all,

Just wondering what the latest and greatest is over at Airnet. I currently have a 121 gig and not sure how much longer I'll have it. I understand the flying is a lot different but I'm kinda looking for a change and think this would be a good opportunity to sharpen my flying. I was checking out their website but looks like the last updates were from last September. Wondering what the possibilities would be living in the southern NH/Boston area, looks like the closest base they have is BDL (other than BOS for the jet)?

Thanks!

fr8av8r_66 07-10-2008 02:17 PM

When I was at AirNet (Oct 05 thru June 07), BDL was a prop and jet base. Props based there were Baron and Navajo, and there were multiple runs for each. There were also several Baron and Navajo (dual qualified) reserve prop captains based in BDL. I'd send an email or give recruiting a call to see what they are running out of there now. As I recall from my time there, nobody really WANTED to go to BDL because of the cost of living there. Don't know what the situation is there now, though.

JD1918F 07-10-2008 04:20 PM

There are props based in BDL, TEB, BUF, and PHL. A little farther away and you get AVP (Scranton PA), AGC (Pittsburgh PA), and RIC. Things are changing fairly rapidly around Airnet right now, so new bases could pop up at any time. BOS is a jet-only base at the moment.

jelloy683 07-11-2008 11:08 AM

Anybody know how big the prop base is over at MDW? I flight instruct out of there and see anywhere from 1-3 Barrons there on a given day...How hard would it be to get based out of there?

Diver Driver 07-11-2008 11:45 AM

Hey SpeedBird, I think we work for the same company... for now at least. I applied last week to AirNet and got an interview on Aug 5. I think they are looking for qualified captains (135 mins), so put your stuff in. Seems like a good and stable business model and home every day, weekends off.

Speedbird172 07-11-2008 02:38 PM

Thanks all for the replies so far........yea Driver I think we actually met in JFK one time, how could I forget that cat helmet haha. Good luck with the interview, I'd be interested to hear how it went and what you think of the place. How are they with selecting domiciles?

JD1918F 07-11-2008 05:37 PM

One prop based out of MDW so far. There are several prop runs that go through MDW each night. Also props based in MKE, IND, SBN, and FWA.

Chickenwolf 07-11-2008 10:48 PM

FYI

Lear Upgrades are running longer these days as the bank work dries up. The long-term plan is to reduce the total number of lear jets over time. ANS could very likely acquire some twin turbo props in the near future, in the attempt to gain business in the feeder market. Even in the props though it's a very fun and challenging job. Our new owner (making us privately held) is infusing cash to theoretically help us grow, but how and when are a mystery. Yes they also own Gemini, Flight Options and Amerijet, but they basically give us cash and let our management do their thing. Best of luck.

Art Vandalay 07-12-2008 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Chickenwolf (Post 424069)
FYI

Yes they also own Gemini, FlexJet and Amerijet, but they basically give us cash and let our management do their thing. Best of luck.

The DEFINITELY do not own FlexJet!!!

Flight Options maybe?

FlexJet is owned by Bombardier.

Normann 07-12-2008 08:54 AM

What is up with the training contract? Since when do part 135 cessna and baron night cargo jobs require a training contract? I understand they have Lears as well but it is not like you start in one. When I have heard about it I told them I was not interested anymore.