Cape Air Base Transitions >

Cape Air Base Transitions

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Cape Air Base Transitions

Old 09-16-2008, 09:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Anyone know if the Upstate NY runs (MSS, etc...) will be 2 pilot like the RUT flights? I assume they will due to weather, terrain etc.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: C402, on the side with the switches!

I just got asked to join an FO class, and they told me I'd probably get sent to Albany, so it sounds like two-man crews.

On a similar note, I've got a question about logging SIC time. I understand the VFR ops are single-pilot, so obviously if I'm sitting right seat on a VFR flight, I can't log SIC. Is that correct? If I can't log SIC, what about other times; total, multi, XC, etc.?

IFR: autopilot used in lieu of SIC. I can log SIC as long as the autopilot is not being used, correct? Whether it's installed or not doesn't matter, all that matters is that it's not being used?
Old 09-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Tuk er jerbs!

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B747 Left

Originally Posted by navi123 View Post
Same here. Oct 6th class but no specific instructions yet.
Thanks. Anyone in the Sept. 22 class still missing instructions? I'm going to be driving to HYA so I might not have contact with anyone over there after the 18th or so.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:35 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by NightIP View Post
Thanks. Anyone in the Sept. 22 class still missing instructions? I'm going to be driving to HYA so I might not have contact with anyone over there after the 18th or so.
Yup, I'm in the 9/22 class and haven't gotten any specifics. I turned in the background check stuff but haven't heard anything new recently. I figure we'll hear something by the end of the week though.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Tuk er jerbs!

Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
Yup, I'm in the 9/22 class and haven't gotten any specifics. I turned in the background check stuff but haven't heard anything new recently. I figure we'll hear something by the end of the week though.
Okay, that makes me feel better. I'm stressed out enough as it is with this whole hurricane thing and I didn't want to have missed something important. As far as the background check, that was just the BSS application right? I turned that in a couple weeks ago.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Floatin' down the river in a old tube smilin'

I am in the class on the 22nd.

ATP AMEL, COMM ASEL, CFI, CFII, MEI, AGI, IGI
2700 TT
1350 Multi
850 402 C Flying HYA-ACK
Former Falcon 20 Captain, Lost my Last job due to parking of the fleet.

I look forward to meeting everyone, and seeing my old buds on the Cape.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Tuk er jerbs!

Absolutely! See you guys there!

...and I take it you're in the same boat and haven't heard any detailed instructions either?
Old 09-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Mitragorz View Post
I just got asked to join an FO class, and they told me I'd probably get sent to Albany, so it sounds like two-man crews.
Albany went senior, and to the Indiana based crews. This kindove caught alot of us off guard, especially those of us planning on commuting. Fiance' is already back on line there. She lost her job as a Falcon Captain as well, but had not been gone from there 2 years, so she only needed a recurrent.

There are lots of Cape Air "retreads" heading back there because the industry is in such bad shape.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off

No instructions, but I have been insanely busy. The hotel is the Holiday Inn on route 132 in Hyannis. Even though I have 850 hours in type I feel behind the curve with the online prep work because I have been insanely busy. I will probably be showing up on Saturday to prep and get my mind back in study mode. Hopefully it comes back quickly.

I was going to be in the class on the 8th, but I pushed it back because I am trying to tie up loose ends. I still don't have them all tied up, but I am trying to prioritize the ones that can't wait and those that can. Just this week I am planning on driving 24 hours trying to get things done. I miss my jumpseat privileges.

I have not turned in my background check information yet, but I am sending it back to them with my fiance' tomorrow when she flys back out there. It was a real pain to fill out, because I have had 8 flying jobs since 2003. 2 of which are out of business, and two that laid me off. Maybe you don't want me working with you. =)

Last edited by Way2Broke; 09-16-2008 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Tuk er jerbs!

Originally Posted by Way2Broke View Post
No instructions, but I have been insanely busy. The hotel is the Holiday Inn on route 132 in Hyannis. Even though I have 850 hours in type I feel behind the curve with the online prep work because I have been insanely busy. I will probably be showing up on Saturday to prep and get my mind back in study mode. Hopefully it comes back quickly.
Yeah, a lot of stuff to roll through in the online prep. For me it's not a huge change in ops specs, but there are some 121 vs. 135 differences that I'll have to re-read a few times to get my head wrapped around. I feel confident that I can get through that stuff decently, but what I'm worried about is going into a big turbo piston twin after flying jets. The jet is an insanely easy airplane to fly (we don't call it the Electric Reset Jet for nothing...it's just a big video game), and the workload is split between two pilots at all times. The C402, to me, looks like a lot more work.