Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

SA-227 information manual and limitations needed

Old 09-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat

Originally Posted by lauchlanair View Post
B18onboost if you listen to nothing else the rest of your life listen to this....stay away from Sierra West or the only book you will be reading on a regular basis is the one dealing with emergency procedures. The aircraft are garbage with a capital G!
I think I would rather fly for Key Lime rather than Sierra West.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

I'd rather fly for Ameriflight. It's the only company other than my present employer, that's still in business.

I was class of 1988-89, when 34AK was just old
Old 09-08-2008, 06:31 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2008

Originally Posted by lauchlanair View Post
B18onboost if you listen to nothing else the rest of your life listen to this....stay away from Sierra West or the only book you will be reading on a regular basis is the one dealing with emergency procedures. The aircraft are garbage with a capital G!
they're not that bad. We (I work for SWA) have 4 metros, only one of which is in really bad shape, 2 are in so-so condition, and the fourth we just bought and haven't flown it yet, but I heard it's nice. The one in bad shape has only had one real bad thing go wrong with it since I started which was a hydraulic failure, but thats nothing that can't be dealt with. What do you expect for airplanes with 60,000 hours on them?

As far as the interview, all I did was show up to training the first day, had a 15 minute conversation with the DO, then went over and started training.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Do whatever the captain tell me

Originally Posted by INTERNET PILOT View Post
they're not that bad. We (I work for SWA) have 4 metros, only one of which is in really bad shape, 2 are in so-so condition, and the fourth we just bought and haven't flown it yet, but I heard it's nice. The one in bad shape has only had one real bad thing go wrong with it since I started which was a hydraulic failure, but thats nothing that can't be dealt with. What do you expect for airplanes with 60,000 hours on them?

As far as the interview, all I did was show up to training the first day, had a 15 minute conversation with the DO, then went over and started training.

Hey when did you get hired or interviewed? I heard there's a new DO in town now.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by b18onboost View Post
Hey when did you get hired or interviewed? I heard there's a new DO in town now.
It was back when the old DO was still in charge. I guess the new guy may be doing things differently, I don't know. Did they really tell you to look over metro stuff, or was it someone else who recommend you look over Metro stuff? When I got hired, I didn't know what a Metro looked like. All I knew was it was a twin engine turboprop.

At any rate, we have 5 FOs tight now in the Metro, and only 3 captains. I find it kinda odd that they are hiring more...
Old 09-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Back in school.

Originally Posted by INTERNET PILOT View Post

I thought they timed out at like 35,000 hours... hmmmm... weird....
Old 09-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by belliott View Post
I thought they timed out at like 35,000 hours... hmmmm... weird....
You may be right. I don't really know how many hours they have on them exactly, but I know its a lot. At least 20K.

edit: i just looked through my trip sheets. The three planes I've flown have 18K, 23K, and 25K.
Old 09-08-2008, 03:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by jonnyjetprop View Post
I'd rather fly for Ameriflight. It's the only company other than my present employer, that's still in business.

I was class of 1988-89, when 34AK was just old
jonnyjetprop,

34AK is still around. floating around the system up in BFI I believe. Last I checked it was pushing 55,000 hours!

Freightdog
Old 09-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

It probably still leaks in the rain. LOL

I remember flying at AMF and having pilots from the majors say on the radio "Hey, I flew that plane".

It's a small world.

Originally Posted by freightdog View Post
jonnyjetprop,

34AK is still around. floating around the system up in BFI I believe. Last I checked it was pushing 55,000 hours!

Freightdog
Old 09-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by jonnyjetprop View Post
It probably still leaks in the rain. LOL

I remember flying at AMF and having pilots from the majors say on the radio "Hey, I flew that plane".

It's a small world.
I'm still having airline pilots tell me that. And of course Bob is still here. I get that question asked a lot too.