Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   SA-227 information manual and limitations needed (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/30765-sa-227-information-manual-limitations-needed.html)

b18onboost 09-06-2008 12:40 AM

SA-227 information manual and limitations needed

I was wondering if anyone have a Metroliner SA-227 lying around for sale. It could be AC or AT doesnt matter. I have an interview with a cargo company here locally and would like to study up on the aircraft. Also any limitation information would be great. Please help me out.

belliott 09-06-2008 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by b18onboost (Post 456722)
I was wondering if anyone have a Metroliner SA-227 lying around for sale. It could be AC or AT doesnt matter. I have an interview with a cargo company here locally and would like to study up on the aircraft. Also any limitation information would be great. Please help me out.

All you really need to know is to keep your airspeed at redline on downwind.... redline minus 10 on base..... final you pull the power levers back to ~25%.... flaps flaps gear flaps.... screeeeeeeech......"Well.... we're here."

In all seriousness.... you won't be expected to know much if anything about the SAT Sewer tube... and maybe its just me but it might look bad if you go in and start spouting numbers and get them wrong.

My advice.... sit back relax and enjoy the interview.... and if you get hired.... then worry about sucking all the knowledge presented to you in class.

B

b18onboost 09-06-2008 09:26 AM

hey B, thanks for the reply. I wish it was that easy. I was told to go over the SA-227 manual because i will be asked questions from it.

freightdog 09-06-2008 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by b18onboost (Post 456828)
hey B, thanks for the reply. I wish it was that easy. I was told to go over the SA-227 manual because i will be asked questions from it.

Who are you interviewing with if they are going to ask you questions about an airplane you've never flown? or maybe you have flown one?

b18onboost 09-06-2008 09:44 AM

hi i've never flown the airplane before but from the people i talked to in the past i was told to read up on the airplane. The company is Sierra West

belliott 09-06-2008 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by b18onboost (Post 456828)

Wow.... uhhhh.... that is one of the weirdest things I have ever heard of.... FO interview or CA? This is very odd indeed....

b18onboost 09-06-2008 11:12 AM

FO sir!! Isnt regional interviews are somewhat the same? I read a few regional interviews that the candidates were asked of airplane limitations on the crj along with part 121 regs.

Thedude 09-06-2008 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by b18onboost (Post 456915)
FO sir!! Isnt regional interviews are somewhat the same? I read a few regional interviews that the candidates were asked of airplane limitations on the crj along with part 121 regs.

Not at any place I have ever interviewed, unless of course you had flown that particular a/c before.

jonnyjetprop 09-06-2008 01:49 PM

Generally they want to know all about the plane your currently flying. It shows that you can be trained.

lauchlanair 09-06-2008 08:01 PM

B18onboost if you listen to nothing else the rest of your life listen to this....stay away from Sierra West or the only book you will be reading on a regular basis is the one dealing with emergency procedures. The aircraft are garbage with a capital G!