Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

SA-227 information manual and limitations needed

Old 09-06-2008, 12:40 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Do whatever the captain tell me
Default SA-227 information manual and limitations needed

I was wondering if anyone have a Metroliner SA-227 lying around for sale. It could be AC or AT doesnt matter. I have an interview with a cargo company here locally and would like to study up on the aircraft. Also any limitation information would be great. Please help me out.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Back in school.

Originally Posted by b18onboost View Post
I was wondering if anyone have a Metroliner SA-227 lying around for sale. It could be AC or AT doesnt matter. I have an interview with a cargo company here locally and would like to study up on the aircraft. Also any limitation information would be great. Please help me out.
All you really need to know is to keep your airspeed at redline on downwind.... redline minus 10 on base..... final you pull the power levers back to ~25%.... flaps flaps gear flaps.... screeeeeeeech......"Well.... we're here."

In all seriousness.... you won't be expected to know much if anything about the SAT Sewer tube... and maybe its just me but it might look bad if you go in and start spouting numbers and get them wrong.

My advice.... sit back relax and enjoy the interview.... and if you get hired.... then worry about sucking all the knowledge presented to you in class.

B
Old 09-06-2008, 09:26 AM
Line Holder

hey B, thanks for the reply. I wish it was that easy. I was told to go over the SA-227 manual because i will be asked questions from it.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: 'Bus Driver Right Seat

hey B, thanks for the reply. I wish it was that easy. I was told to go over the SA-227 manual because i will be asked questions from it.
Who are you interviewing with if they are going to ask you questions about an airplane you've never flown? or maybe you have flown one?
Old 09-06-2008, 09:44 AM
Line Holder

hi i've never flown the airplane before but from the people i talked to in the past i was told to read up on the airplane. The company is Sierra West
Old 09-06-2008, 10:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Back in school.

Wow.... uhhhh.... that is one of the weirdest things I have ever heard of.... FO interview or CA? This is very odd indeed....
Old 09-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Line Holder

FO sir!! Isnt regional interviews are somewhat the same? I read a few regional interviews that the candidates were asked of airplane limitations on the crj along with part 121 regs.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Are we there yet??!!

Joined APC: Apr 2006

FO sir!! Isnt regional interviews are somewhat the same? I read a few regional interviews that the candidates were asked of airplane limitations on the crj along with part 121 regs.

Not at any place I have ever interviewed, unless of course you had flown that particular a/c before.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:49 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Generally they want to know all about the plane your currently flying. It shows that you can be trained.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: RA390S & CE-750 Left Seat

B18onboost if you listen to nothing else the rest of your life listen to this....stay away from Sierra West or the only book you will be reading on a regular basis is the one dealing with emergency procedures. The aircraft are garbage with a capital G!