Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Part 135 Interview

Old 09-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Hawker 800XP/G280 PIC
Default Part 135 Interview

Anyone have some tips on what to start studying for a company that does jet charter. Its a relatively small operation so there's probably not any gouges like there are for the airlines or bigger charter companies. This will be my first "real world job", towed banners last summer, and I need to really be prepared for the interview(if I even get it). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. And if anyone knows anything about the company, Nashville Jet, PM me or post some info about them. Thanks
Old 09-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: Seat warmer

Originally Posted by SkyStormer6 View Post
Anyone have some tips on what to start studying for a company that does jet charter. Its a relatively small operation so there's probably not any gouges like there are for the airlines or bigger charter companies. This will be my first "real world job", towed banners last summer, and I need to really be prepared for the interview(if I even get it). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. And if anyone knows anything about the company, Nashville Jet, PM me or post some info about them. Thanks
All 135 regs ie duty times, wx minimums, alternate mins, study GPWS and TAWS systems and if you have access to their MEL's it wouldnt hurt to take a look at that either. Best wishes.
Old 09-08-2008, 05:06 AM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

Duty times are huge, and painful all in one! But I'd definately put that high on the list, but everything else I'd highly recommend busting out the FAR/AIM and just going through the 135 section and breeze the AIM. Then I'd say get as much info towards the equipment they operate as you can get your hands on.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:51 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2007

Research the company. Know as much as you can about the organization. Our company is big on how well you knew and performed in your previous positions. If you have no "jet time", our company will not ask questions about a Learjet. If you have been working as a CFII, here comes the instrument questions, flying a Duchess, here comes the Duchess ones. I don't know if that will help you, but that is part our company interview. Best wishes.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: JS32 FO

I wasn't asked anything about duty times, but that's probably a company thing. The did ask a lot about instrument approaches and especially about NDB usage. I aced that one when I pointed out the CP had given me the reciprocal heading instead of the correct one. They also asked standard HR stuff as well. Since you become the face of the company for passengers on a charter service, expect them to pay more attention to your personality and poise than normal, if there is such a thing.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008

Are you prepared to keep the aircraft interior clean? service the lav, order and pick up the catering, fill the ice chest and liquor decanters, carry luggage?

That's what most jet copilots do.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: Sofa Stress Tester

From my previous experience. The companies I have worked for have been more concerned with personality. They wanted to see if you fit in with their company culture and fill their expectations. After that one gave me a general written based on FAR's (pop up, no study), and a quick sim eval, very basic.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: Hawker 800XP/G280 PIC

Thanks everyone, that should get me pointed in the right direction. This will be my first jet job should I even get the interview. I'd really like to wow em. If anyone thinks of anything else I'd be glad to hear it.

Anyone ever flown for Nashville Jet? or know someone that has/does?
Old 09-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: Seat warmer

flight time is different than 121 regs ie 34hrs in 7day period 120 a month and so on.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: F/O- G-V/550

Originally Posted by AirbusA320 View Post
Are you prepared to keep the aircraft interior clean? service the lav, order and pick up the catering, fill the ice chest and liquor decanters, carry luggage?

That's what most jet copilots do.
Are you prepare to work for a regional, commute, wait years just to upgrade IN A REGIONAL JET, pay for your uniform, insurance, food, a crash pad, might get furlough later down the road, deal with TSA every single day of your life, all of the above for 20K a yr??? That's what most regional copilots do.....